Iherb.com

Hey!

I am planning on buying a large amount of bulletproof stuff on iherb.com. Due to the shipping costs I want to make sure I dont forget anything.

What can you recommend specifically?

Recommendations are distorted a bit due to their recommendation system.

I would love to welcome you on my new page: www.soul-smoothies.com 

Comments

• suntouchersuntoucher Uninspired Potential ✭✭✭
    Did you see my supplements thread? I found most of the basics that Dave suggests. The links are somewhere in the middle of that long post.
  • I am less interested in supplements (except for Vitamin D and krill oil at the moment) than actual food. But I will check it out image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> Thanks image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

You won't find the upgraded stuff on there. For Dave's stuff you need to go here: http://www.bulletproof.com/ (his store). Beyond that I'm not sure what you are asking...
  • I am pretty much going for the 80/20 principle here. Which is for bulletproof:

high-grade coffee

coconut oil

kerrygold butter

myprotein zinc+magnesium capsules

MCT oil

myprotein Whey

myprotein multi component protein

Currently I would like to extend the list by adding:

Organic grass fed ghee

Extra Virgin Olive oil from California (read in the bulletproof forum that Italians screwing around with the oil.....matches my experience with my lovely neighbors from Italy ^^)

Vitamin D (extremely important at the moment!!! Asking for advice on this one, which one do you buy?)

Krill Oil

Ginger (capsules or organic powder?)

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-yi9Q4l3Peo

I found that about fish oil....bit over the top isnt it?

I am still not sure whether to buy fish oil or krill oil

• Is Cocoa Butter bulletproof?

• It seems like you are located in the UK due to your myprotein references John, where would you be getting some of these items namely, Grasfed Ghee, Kery gold butter (unsalted i asume)
    E-commerce and Webdesign Agency
    www.nowaydesign.com

Email "Bulletproof" to [email protected] and get a discount now!
  • No sorry, I am from Austria.

At the moment I have products for 264 Dollars in my cart at iherb and now I dont even know if I get through with it when I split them up;

Please note that, at this time, the shipping method to Austria is limited to Global Mail by DHL (formerly called International Airmail) , which takes 21 days, and has no tracking number. Also, your order must have a maximum value of $80.00 and must weight less than 4 pounds (1814 grams). Please make sure you are allowed to import the products you are ordering. As a general rule, we recommend that you don't order hormone-type (DHEA, melatonin, etc.) supplements. iHerb will not be able to refund your account if your order is held or rejected by customs in Austria.

• Sub total:$254.65 (€198.81)

Savings: $44.72 (14.9%)

Shipping Weight: 23.13 lbs (10.49 kg)

Bummer. I do order in chunks of $80 for customs reasons, though.
  • I will have to do that now as well.

Is it possible that I get some problems at customs with creatine, vitamin D or L-Glutamine?

I will have to do that now as well.

Is it possible that I get some problems at customs with creatine, vitamin D or L-Glutamine?
    Unlikely. It shouldn't be on any restricted lists, it's not even prescription stuff. But I'm not in Austria, so I don't really know.
  • I placed 2 order for 80 Dollars on the very same day 2-3 days ago.

I would place another one now.

Is there any restriction on multiple orders to Europe within a short time span ? image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

I placed 2 order for 80 Dollars on the very same day 2-3 days ago.

I would place another one now.

Is there any restriction on multiple orders to Europe within a short time span ? image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />
    They'll let you know if it's a problem image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> (or image/sad.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />) But generally - for personal consumption - no. You might have to pay some custom fees, though, so don't freak out. I have to pay VAT, for example (also in EU).
  • anyone has an alternative to iherb for AUSTRIA and GERMANY?

According to the research done on google there are often problems at customs, so I not only have to pay VAT.

One guy from Köln says that customs destory Vitamin C 1000 because they claimed you need a description for it etc.

• anyone has an alternative to iherb for AUSTRIA and GERMANY?

According to the research done on google there are often problems at customs, so I not only have to pay VAT.

One guy from Köln says that customs destory Vitamin C 1000 because they claimed you need a description for it etc.

Flieg nach New York während der Nebensaison (d.h. jetzt), davor bestell die gewünschten Vitamine und lass sie an Dein Hotel versenden. Genieß ein paar Tage in NY, dann flieg nach Hause zusammen mit Deinem Jahresvorrat von Nahrungsergänzungsmitteln.

Ich habe mehrere Jahre in Deutschland gelebt, wo es ein Mangel an Supplements gibt. Die einzige Lösung damals bestand darin, regelmäßig in die USA zu reisen, um mich mit Vitamin D, Resveratrol, Kreatin, usw. zu versorgen.

Viel Glück.
  • edited January 2013
    @drd daran hab ich auch schon gedacht. Nur wie siehts am Flughafen aus? die sehen das doch im Koffer dass du da drei Jahresvorräte hast. Womöglich kommst du auch über die 420 Euro Grenze (weiss nicht mehr genau wie hoch sie ist)

sorry, didnt recognize that I am responding in German, lol:

drd was suggesting to order supplements to a hotel in the US, to fly over during the off season (now), spend some nice days in NYC and then fly back. I am just not sure if I get through security check in the US or customs in Austria. In Austria they often check your luggage when you are coming from outside of the EU.

• For me who lives in Norway, the cheapest way is to make orders below 36 dollars.. The airmail is then 6 dollar but the Norwegian costums don't take taxes on stuff below 36 dollars.. Don't know if you have the same in Austia
  • @Pacman

According to unreliable internet sources it is 30 Dollars for Germany. For Austria I dont know.

• Just found this one from Life Extension: http://www.iherb.com/Life-Extension-Only-Trace-Minerals-90-Veggie-Caps/39328

[font=Arial, sanserif]Zinc (as OptiZinc zinc monomethionine) 20 mg, [/font]

[font=Arial, sanserif]Copper[/font][font=Arial, sanserif](as TRAACS copper glycinate chelate) 2 mg, [/font]

[font=Arial, sanserif]Manganese 2 mg, [/font]

[font=Arial, sanserif]Chromium 400mcg, [/font]

[font=Arial, sanserif]Molybdeum 250 mcg, [/font]

[font=Arial, sanserif]Boron 3 mg, [/font]

[font=Arial, sanserif]Vanadyl sulfate 3 mg[/font]

[font=Arial, sanserif]Would this be a good replacement for single Zinc & Copper supplements or does it contain to much of the other trace minerals? Want to start the basic ++ protocol[/font]
  • edited January 2013

http://www.youtube.c...d&v=-yi9Q4l3Peo

I found that about fish oil....bit over the top isnt it?

I am still not sure whether to buy fish oil or krill oil

Krill Oil, but make sure it's NKO cause they have a patented process of gently removing the oil which keeps the phospholipids intact and it is those phospholipids that make the absorption of krill oil much better. The studies that were done that showed the benefits of krill used NKO (Neptune Krill oil) and since then many producers have jumped on the krill bandwagon and started making sub par krill oil that doesn't help you much.

NOW Foods has a 1000mg NKO Krill Oil which is reasonably priced. I'm in Australia so I'm getting King Krill NKO.

Because of the phospholipids and because they pack them with an antioxidant to stop them from going bad, NKO oil is 9x as potent as regular fish oil. So one NKO krill oil capsule is equiv to taking 9 fish oil capsules of the same mg.

p.s. 2 days ago I knew nothing about krill oil and I spent all of yesterday investigating image/tongue.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />
  • Free International Airmail Shipping for any order totaling $40.00 or more at iHerb untill June 30th

(You can see the details after you add something to cart.)

http://best-online-supplement-store.blogspot.com/

• iHerb is offering an extra 10-15% quantity discounts when you order two or more units of any product from Top 50 brands. http://www.iherb.com/Specials

• drd was suggesting to order supplements to a hotel in the US, to fly over during the off season (now), spend some nice days in NYC and then fly back. I am just not sure if I get through security check in the US or customs in Austria. In Austria they often check your luggage when you are coming from outside of the EU.

Instead of ordering to an US hotel, and paying an at least 500$ flight ticket, if you are in Austria and have a problem with customs rejecting stuff, it would be much cheaper to find a friend in Slovakia, Slovenia or Czech Republic, and order the stuff to that country in 80$ packages, and then drive/take a 50$ train over there and pick them up. Avoiding going through border control, as its Schengen. And customs in these Eastern countries are likely not to create any problems like Austrian or German ones.

• dazdaz today is a good day ✭✭✭
    edited May 2016

10% off any/all at iherb at the mo (ends Nov 30th 2015)

fake it till you make it

• dazdaz today is a good day ✭✭✭

iHerb is now accepting PayPal (use to be credit card only) 

fake it till you make it

• Nice Aricle. I appreciate your information that you share. iHerb is a retail website that sells a large variety of nutritional supplements, environmentally friendly makeup products, cosmetics, proteins, vitamins and more. Thanks a lot for your information.