Cycling Foods

How important really is it to cycle certain foods?

I've heard bits and pieces around about the need to cycle (for example) eggs and not have them every day to avoid allergies.

Can anyone explain how real this threat is, and if it is an issue, why this happens/if it can be avoided (or link to information about it, as I haven't found anything conclusive or detailed yet?)

Basically, I eat around 3 or 4 eggs pretty much every day and don't wildly vary my diet day to day (for the sake of convenience), and was wondering how much of an issue this is.

Example average day:

Breakfast: BP coffee with butter and coconut oil. Smoothie with avocado, spinach, turmeric, cinnamon and ginger. 2/3 eggs.

Lunch: Grass fed beef, sweet potato, butter, veggies (broccoli, cauli, cabbage etc), 1 egg.

Dinner: Grass fed beef, sweet potato, butter, veggies (broccoli, cauli, cabbage etc), dark chocolate.

Supplements:

5000iu vitamin D

1 cod liver oil capsule

500mg - 1g krill oil

2x200mg l-Theanine

1 or 2x500mg Alpha-GPC

Then I have the odd whey smoothie, BCAAs and dextrose or bananas depending on activity levels, and maybe a tin of sardines every few days.

So, am I heading for an allergy and intolerance disaster and if so, how exactly do you go about mitigating the risks?

Tagged: