How To Get 20% Vegetables? And Critique My Regimen

Looking for advice on my regimen.Below are the meals I take everyday with my very small budget of $30-50 per month

Between    6am-2pm: 1 medium coconut -supposedly 113g of fat approx 1100 calories and 300 calories from protein and cabohy in coconut

Between    4pm-6pm: 1 ounce liver -abt 25g approx 50 calories

Between  8pm-10pm: 1/2 cup  rice - abt 90g approx 120 calories

and 1 cup kale/tomato/olive oil- approx 20 calories from the vegetables

Between 9pm-11pm/or early morning: Tea mixed with lemon

Dave recommends 50-70% fat   -easily achieved :cool:

" 20% protein- I am going to cover the deficit by purchasing whey protein tomorrow

" 5% cabohydrates/fruits- from the above it looks like it goes towards 10% 

" 20% veges- which has been approximated to be 6-11 servings. From above you can see 1 cup kale. Any advice on how to get more veges without risking vitamin A toxicity?

FYI, 25g liver has approx 8881 IU VitA and 1 cup kale approx 3842.5 IU Vit A. If I eat any more than this, I risk toxicity as the daily Upper Limit is 10000IU. Before finding this information out I eat 125g liver and 2 cups kale for abt 2 weeks before I noticed a bit blurriness in my vision as a possible symptom of too much vitA

I would like to increase my food intake without taking too much of some vitamins while also going on the cheap, any ideas?

Comments

• RekaReka ✭✭✭

You can try different veggies, seasonal ones are usually cheap, if you have a freezer you can buy in bulk too.

I think you are dangerously low in protein, and you are right in the liver thing because that is the cheapest source of protein, but still you need more. The whey is a great idea, and if you can buy it in bulk you may be better off financially, even if it's a bigger investment. Eggs, fish, meat are more expensive but I would still try to fit them in sometimes. Maybe some other offal is not as high in vitamin A.

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

• Heart in the UK is about as cheap as liver and not as high in Vit A - not sure about the prices in the US though.

• edited June 2015

You can try different veggies, seasonal ones are usually cheap, if you have a freezer you can buy in bulk too.

I think you are dangerously low in protein, and you are right in the liver thing because that is the cheapest source of protein, but still you need more. The whey is a great idea, and if you can buy it in bulk you may be better off financially, even if it's a bigger investment. Eggs, fish, meat are more expensive but I would still try to fit them in sometimes. Maybe some other offal is not as high in vitamin A.

Yeah one week after, with the low protein I could start to feel less bulletproof.. Will buy whey in bulk to keep my costs down

Checking on nutrition data of the other offals at the moment.

Vegetable vitamin A is very poorly used so you have no concern of overdosing.

Nice am going to be increasing my veges to maybe 2-3cups then.

Heart in the UK is about as cheap as liver and not as high in Vit A - not sure about the prices in the US though.

Looks like it has 0% Vit A haha .Thats convenient

Thanks yall for the input :wink: