The Asprey / Mercola Bromance

Just saw Dave's latest podcast where the special guest is none other than Dr. Mercola.

Anybody know the story behind how these two worked out their differences?

Last I heard Dr. Mercola had uncerimoniously appropriated Dave's BP Diet Infographic as his own ... Dave was pissed ... now they are paling around like a back room deal was reached?

I'm glad to see the peace for sure, but what gives?

Tagged:

Comments

• John BrissonJohn Brisson The Legend Formerly Known as Ron Swanson ✭✭✭

Ever heard of money?

My book Fix Your Gut, is offered on Amazon for $9.99.

I also offer coaching:  http://fixyourgut.com/health-coaching-information/

Please join or like the Fix your Gut Facebook. Also please add me on twitter @FixYourGutJB.

http://www.fixyourgut.com

• yeah i think the BP podcast is more about selling stuff and plugging products than it is about sharing information anymore. not that some decent content doesn't find it's way through, but it's always bookended with "where do people go to buy your shit?" and of course the fans of the guests now have a reason to check out bulletproof products. all podcasts are like that to an extent but a lot of the guests dave has i'm just thinking that his primary motivation is expanding his market instead of broadening/deepening anybody's knowledge. dave needs to get a psychic on his show to summon the ghost of bill hicks, THAT is a show i'd be excited to listen to! 

• yeah i think the BP podcast is more about selling stuff and plugging products than it is about sharing information anymore. not that some decent content doesn't find it's way through, but it's always bookended with "where do people go to buy your shit?" and of course the fans of the guests now have a reason to check out bulletproof products. all podcasts are like that to an extent but a lot of the guests dave has i'm just thinking that his primary motivation is expanding his market instead of broadening/deepening anybody's knowledge. dave needs to get a psychic on his show to summon the ghost of bill hicks, THAT is a show i'd be excited to listen to! 

97% of this podcast was pure content man...don't know what you listened to. 

• I'm just wondering if anybody knows the inner machinations of what actually happened?

As I watched it, there were definitley some awkward moments between the two ... it's not that hard to imagine that Dave was merely biting his tounge throughout in the interest of just expanding his customer base to include the vast plethora of Mercolites currently shuffling across the surface of our planet ...

• ACH85ACH85 ✭✭

Dave wants to have a bigger impact, and reaching Mercola's readers can help him do that. Mercola wants to spread his message, and Bulletproof Radio helps him do that. 

I'm sure they can move on from their past issues in order to achieve their goals... albeit with some healthy skepticism.

giphy.gif

• 97% of this podcast was pure content man...don't know what you listened to. 

i didn't mean this specific episode in terms of lacking content, actually i thought this one was one of the better recent ones. 

• i didn't mean this specific episode in terms of lacking content, actually i thought this one was one of the better recent ones.

Yeah, honestly, I have not listened to any episodes in months, except for a little bit of the Q&A ones.
  • sparefilmssparefilms Post-human Construct ✭✭✭

Joe Rogan, for example, spends the first 15 minutes of every episode talking about about his crappy sponsors. That dude is the epitome of a moneywhore and has even admitted to it ("My second stint with Fear Factor is the worst decision I've made in my life, but I couldn't pass up on the money), yet I rarely see his fans get on his case about it. 

Can you name a single person on the planet who does not whore out their time and effort for money? Unless they were born into a fortune, obviously. Everyone outside of generational inherited wealth is a moneywhore. Possibly most of those who inherited wealth as well. 

That being said, there is a fuzzy line where making money and providing good information tend to get skewed. That is the fine point we tend to discuss in these threads.

• Joe Rogan hasn't had a commercial for a year.

And as far as content on the BPR. I already know grass fed is better than grain fed, organic better than non organic, more sleep over less sleep, more fat over less fat etc, etc.

Make, [then,] thyself to grow to the same stature as the Greatness which transcends all measure; leap forth from every body; transcend all Time; become Eternity; and [thus] shalt thou know God. Conceiving nothing is impossible unto thyself, think thyself deathless and able to know all,—all arts, all sciences, the way of every life.  – Corpus Hermeticum XI “The Mind of Hermes”

• WalterWalter ✭✭✭

Can you name a single person on the planet who does not whore out their time and effort for money? Unless they were born into a fortune, obviously. Everyone outside of generational inherited wealth is a moneywhore. Possibly most of those who inherited wealth as well. 

Well sure, but there's a (subjective) threshold and there are degrees. 

• yeah if i had a dollar for every time someone mentioned the idea of getting adequate sleep as some huge health breakthrough on bulletproof radio i'd be able to buy a bulletproof vibe for everyone on the forum.

maybe we can set up a fund for this? 

• sparefilmssparefilms Post-human Construct ✭✭✭
    edited June 2015

There's a difference between being a moneywhore (compromising your core values, etc.) and merely trying to earn an income.

I don't get it. You defend Rogan (saying everyone is a moneywhore) but insinuate that Asprey crosses the "fuzzy line" in the same breath.

PS - Depending on your definition of "whoring," yes, I can name many people who don't do it. 

Did Joe Rogan compromise his core values? Can acquiring money in order to survive, thrive and better your life be a core value? 

You are claiming I defended one and insinuated something about the other. Can you please show me where I did this?

Whoring in this context is trading your time and effort for money, in any capacity.

• dazdaz today is a good day ✭✭✭

'Bulletproof Plan to Activate Untapped Brain Energy to Work Smarter and Think Faster'
    http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2017/04/02/biohacks-to-improve-brain-health.aspx

fake it till you make it

• MrsfloydMrsfloyd ✭✭

Yeah, I thought it was interesting, surprising, and a bit uncomfortable. They very awkwardly polished each other's rods, and I found myself trying to determine the origins of it and the degree of sincerity.

That said, the podcast was a good one. It seemed like they were both nervous -- more so Dave, I think -- and yes, they are now both big enough entities in that sphere to be of help to each other. I think Dave is smaller and wants to get big, so he ate more humble pie. Overall, it was uncomfortable but good.