What's The Best Way To Cook Ground Beef?

...Bulletproof style of course. image/icon_razz.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':-P' />

I know I've seen the meat loaf mentioned before, but what is the optimal Bulletproof method to make?

I've broiled and pan cooked ( low heat) in the past and I see now that isn't so good.

Comments

• Halogen oven at 175C/350F or less? Add fat/spices after.
    Please email me instead of PM

[email protected]
  • What makes those Halogen ovens better to cook with?
  • 'Jimmm' wrote:

What makes those Halogen ovens better to cook with?

Because the air move, the heat is the same throughout the whole container good will not get excess heat or less heat. Supposed to cook faster than regular ovens. Ive ordered one and will be reporting my experience as soon as I get my hands on it image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />/>

[email protected]
  • Wait........... so pan frying on a low heat (but still only cooking meat until bleu) is NOT bulletproof?

That's what I've been doing with my steaks and using grass fed butter to cook with then seasoning it with PHRS and putting more butter on afterwards.

I've also slow cooked my beef cheeks on lowest heat setting with veg and served with a salty, BUTTERY cauliflower mash....
  • Dave says he uses a little bit of water in the pan or his halogen oven.

Cooking with butter will oxidize the fat an make it inflammable, only use fats after or right when you are done.

[email protected]
  • Ahhhh, ok then.......... so a little water in the pan, cook slowly on low heat and keep it bleu then drizzle with MCT oil and dollop on some butter afterwards? image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Sounds good!
  • Sorry to keep going on about it but how much water roughly? Just a little bit in the pan or enough to cover the meat or somewhere in between? image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Thanks!
  • 'Mykll wrote:

Sorry to keep going on about it but how much water roughly? Just a little bit in the pan or enough to cover the meat or somewhere in between? image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />/>

Thanks!

Enough to not get the pan too hot and to get eaven heat I guess. So try experimenting with the amount, just enough to make it the way you want your meat. But rare is probably the preferred bp way image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

[email protected]
  • oK, thanks for the advice. I will start experimenting tonight image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

...and I like my meat bleu/rare anyway so it's not only the preferred BP way, it's my preferred way too! image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
  • Ok, so I just wanted to share my dinner from last night with you all to get your feedback and hopefully inspire some newbies like myself.... I thought it best not to create a new thread but if any mods want to move this then please feel free image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

First I thinly sliced a tiny bit of sweet potato (as per conversations on this forum [Thanks Jason!], I'll be having a lil hit of carbs each night for all my exercise) and red capsicum and cooked very slowly in the oven. Drizzled with olive oil once finished.

I had some Leek, Celery and Carrot cut up extra tiny and mixed through 500g of grass feed beef mince. Cracked an organic egg into that and made patties. Salted with Pink Himalayan rock salt. I then cooked these slowly on very low heat with a little water in the pan, took off and drowned in grass fed butter.

Sliced some avocado thinly and broke off some iceberg lettuce leaves. I then put the patties inside the lettuce, topped with avo slices and the red cap and sweet potato....OMG! Delicious, delicious, delicious!! Also, these were quite filling without leaving me feeling bloated as I would if I had used buns.

Next time I want to make some BP mayo and dollop that on as well as track down some pastured bacon to add a slice of that to the mix. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • Mmmm taters image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Drip some mct on there image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

[email protected]
  • How cooked is too cooked when it comes to ground beef? I cooked it in water on low heat, but it fully browned and the water was semi-boiling at the end. Did I oxidize the fat? I won't even tell you about the toxic taco spice I put on it, but I'm still trying to find variety and flavour in my meats.

Also, I gather I shouldn't heat up coconut oil at all. At first I was cooking my eggs in it, in a pan, at very low heat. Would this oxidize it?
  • suntouchersuntoucher Uninspired Potential ✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    'Moe wrote:

How cooked is too cooked when it comes to ground beef? I cooked it in water on low heat, but it fully browned and the water was semi-boiling at the end. Did I oxidize the fat? I won't even tell you about the toxic taco spice I put on it, but I'm still trying to find variety and flavour in my meats.

Also, I gather I shouldn't heat up coconut oil at all. At first I was cooking my eggs in it, in a pan, at very low heat. Would this oxidize it?
    Don't overthink this in the beginning. These are small details - make sure to get staples right and eliminate major toxin sources first. Cooking details are waaay down the list (but don't deep fry). Coconut oil is fine heated up.
  • 'Moe wrote:

How cooked is too cooked when it comes to ground beef? I cooked it in water on low heat, but it fully browned and the water was semi-boiling at the end. Did I oxidize the fat? I won't even tell you about the toxic taco spice I put on it, but I'm still trying to find variety and flavour in my meats.

Taco seasoning and some tomato sauce is the way I cook it. Everything else I try, fresh herbs, lime juice, butter, just comes out way too bland.
  • I made this with grass fed ground beef last night: http://wellnessmama.com/2207/budget-friendly-beef-and-cabbage-stir-fry/

The whole family LOVED it! The kids raved! The hubby said, "This is the only way I want to eat cabbage." It was simple but delicious. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />