What Is Your Hrv Like Without Breathing Consciously?

gnoobergnoober
edited July 2015 in Stress Hacking
hey guys,

so I have an emwave and I can go for green quite effortlessly, as long as I breathe exactly how it tells me to.

However, if I try to breathe on my own, I immediately drop out of the green zone.

Also, I noticed when I'm just sitting there, reading a blog or something like that, my HRV is always in the red zone.

I thought the whole point was, to be at least blue without thinking about it.

Question: Is this just me or is everyone in the red zone 99,9% of the day? (if you would keep score all day)

Comments

• RekaReka ✭✭✭

If you practice a lot it will get better, I think.

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

• DManDMan Master of Arts ✭✭✭

See my signature and you will find links to pdfs with tables about it.. Actually what you describe as green stuff is not HRV. It is coherence. Your HRV is something different. You will see it if you switch screens in your Inner Balance App.

May you be well, may you be happy, may you be healthy, may you be loved.

How much to eat:
    advanced | How to train: bulletproof training | HRV: HRV FOR TRAINING HRV BASICS What Affects HRV | Brain  & Memory dual n back training advanced training

• jcg3jcg3 ✭✭✭

Assumptions: you just started doing Inner Balance, aren't doing heart math regularly yet, don't regularly meditate... if any of those is wrong, I may be full of shit.

If you just start using the Inner Balance app to track your coherence, you can probably get into green with some conscious effort.

If you leave the monitor on, don't focus on breathing or start doing something else... that will measure your baseline coherence when you're not concentrating.

Through practice and repetition you can make the conscious behavior apply to times when you're not consciously focusing on it. Try doing heart math 10-20 minutes a day (every day) for 3-4 weeks. That should be sufficient training for your non-focused coherence to adjust a bit.

The goal here is to practice a behavior (coherence) until it becomes automatic. After using mine for a while I started to realize I would do the deep, measured breathing while out doing other things - driving, dealing with in-laws, etc. I wasn't consciously thinking "how do I calm down from being stressed", instead it was a default mechanism... like reaching for a glass of water when I'm thirsty.

Keep up with it, get some practice in. That should help your body get into better shape, coherence-wise at least.

• gnoobergnoober
    edited July 2015

Thanks so much for your input, okay so there is hope you say!

(I am currently in "High" stage, have been without training for 6months maybe, and yeah, feeling stressed all day.)

I am glad to hear at least some people were able to unconsciously do the right breathing after training.

Now I do 10minutes each morning. 4 weeks later..? we will see.

@Dman: Your presentation shows you really know this stuff! great. :) I dont have the inner balance app, I am training on the emWave2 via PC :)