How Exactly Are You Preparing Bulletproof Coffee (Thread Only For Brewers With Scales)?
This is a topic for people who prepare coffee using scales, and measure each
ingredient precisely, experiment with different proportions, and can share what
works the best.
Today I brewed it this way exactly:
20g Upgraded Coffee beans https://www.bulletproof.com/decaf-coffee-whole-bean-12oz
50g Graham's Gold Top Jersey butter http://www.grahamsfamilydairy.com/our-ranges/butter/gold/gold-unsalted-butter/
25g Brain Octane https://www.bulletproof.com/brain-octane-oil-16-oz
0.5g Sonnentor Organic vanilla powder https://www.sonnentor.com/Produkte-Online-Einkaufen/Gewuerze/Gewuerze-Pur/Vanillepulver
1g Sonnentor Organic cinnamon (Cassia) powder https://www.sonnentor.com/Produkte-Online-Einkaufen/Gewuerze/Gewuerze-Pur/Zimt-Sorte-Cassia
500g Highland spring still water from glass bottle http://highlandspring.com/the-range/highland-spring-still-water/highland-spring-still-water-glass/
Not sure how % grass-fed is the butter, but according to this article: http://
thefoodblog.com.au/2013/01/which-butter-is-better.html "Grass-fed cream is
pigmented by beta-carotene, an anti-oxidant and a pre-cursor for vitamin A.
Grain-fed cows get no beta-carotene in their diet (beta-carotene is contained
in grass)." supposedly dark yellow butter is what comes from grass-fed cows.
And the Gold Top Jersey butter is the most dark yellow butter I have saw, and
its also from Jersey cows (the ones which produce A2 milk, with the more
human-digestible A2 casein, but that's probably not so important in butter, as
it doesn't have much protein anyway).
Rhinowares Hand Grinder
Hario V60 Ceramic Coffee Dripper 02
Hario V60 Filter Paper White for 02 Dripper
Hario V60 Pouring Kettle "Buono" â€“ Large
butane camping stove
500 ml glass jar with lid (after organic ghee, so no unwanted residue)
1. Weigh the water in the Buono kettle and put it on the stove to boil.
2. Readjust the Rhinowares grind-size by tightening the burrs nut all the way, and then back 5 clicks.
3. Weigh coffee beans in the Rhinowares grinder and grind them.
4. Put the dripper on the glass jar, put one filter paper in the dripper, and pour a little boiling water wetting the whole filter paper to wash it. The hot water will flow into the glass jar, then remove the dripper from the jar, put the lid on the jar tightly and shake the jar to warm it up and wash it.
5. Put the butter, Brain Octane, vanilla and cinnamon in the glass jar, and put the jar on the scale and the dripper on the jar. Put the ground coffee in the dripper.
6. Pour in just enough hot water from the Buono kettle to wet all the ground coffee and wait 30 seconds.
7. Pour the remaining water from the Buono kettle on the ground coffee as slowly as you can.
8. When finished pouring, close the glass jar as tightly as you can with the lid and shake vigorously for about 1 minute.
9. Drink the Bulletproof Coffee straight from the glass jar.
This is my method I use now, because I am camping in Scotland, and don't have a battery-powered blender yet, and also want to minimize the amount of utensils made dirty during the process.
Feel free to comment, suggest improvements/optimizations, and share your exact recipe (grams of coffee/water/butter/oil)!