I'm Slow And Mentally (Not Physically!) Tired Quickly, What Can Be The Reason, And Any Remed

Comments

• Well, here is a bit more about where this "no folate for undermethylators" comes from:

http://methyl-nation.com/folate-or-no-folate-that-is-the-question/

"Now Mensah, who trained under Walsh, bases his approach on nothing but biomarkers. The primary biomarkers they use are whole blood histamine to determine methylation output, and unbound copper. They do not use genetic testing. Now they have incredibly different opinions on the idea of histamine, overmethylation, and undermethylation in which I will cover more in depth soon. They also do not believe that undermethylators should take folate and believe they should follow a low folate diet, EVEN if they have MTHFR. Overmethylators are supposed to take high dose folic acid and niacin. Undermethylators are those who are not producing a lot of methyl donors."

There was a Bulletproofexec podcast with this Dr. Walsh, so there is at least some credibility with his opinions: https://www.bulletproofexec.com/gain-control-of-your-biochemistry-with-william-j-walsh-ph-d-podcast-132/

What about this: http://latitudes.org/dr-william-walsh-autism-ocd-pandas-depression-methylation/

"Nutrient therapies for treating undermethylation are well known, but great care must be used in the case of undermethylated persons with low serotonin activity. Folic acid, folinic acid, and methylfolate all act as serotonin reuptake promoters by an epigenetic mechanism,the opposite of what these patients need."

And this: http://mthfr.net/taking-folate-and-feeling-badly-methylation-requires-balance/2011/11/15/

I just want to gather more knowledge and opinions, to make-up my own mind should I continue to take 5-MTHF or not. If anyone has more idea about this then me at this point, please comment the above links, if you can add anything to it.

• Dave also advices this to take. Just test and see if you feel better (which I think almost everybody will). We can theorize until Jesus Christ comes back to earth. There's no better test than to take something and see how you feel.

• Yeah, let's correct nutritional deficiencies with bio-modulators and expensive exotic therapies.

All my b-vitamins starved brain and my brominated thyroid needed was some elektrostimulation! I should have known about this before :)

Having suffered from chronic illness for 6 years and spent upwards of $200k trying to fix it I can tell you I know what I am talking about... Cells in the body are like computers. To make new cells that work properly you need a number of things such as:

1. Nutrition - amino acids, vitamins, minerals, fats. Think of this as the hardware of the computer. 

2. Voltage - Cells are designed to run at -25 millivolts but it takes -50 millivolts to make new cells. When you are sick voltage will go down into the low -ve's and into +10, +20 etc. Think of voltage as the electricity that runs into your computer when you plug it in. 

3. Frequency - All glands, organs, muscles etc require specific frequency sets to run optimally. You can think of frequency as the software of your computer. 

The Bio-modulator is designed to correct numbers 2 and 3. You can optimise nutrition all you want but if you don't also correct number 2 and 3 you aren't going to get anywhere. There are other ways (besides the bio-modulator) to correct 2 and 3. Sort out your thyroid and adrenals, drinking alkaline water and treating any dental infections can all help with voltage. Specially blended essential oils can help with frequency. 

I have been to Dr Tennant at his office in Texas, used his protocol and taken a 3 day biomodulator course. He knows his stuff. There were a lot of people taking the course who had suffered from chronic illness for many years and made significant improvements after coming to see him.

• s29s29
    edited July 2015

Having suffered from chronic illness for 6 years and spent upwards of $200k trying to fix it I can tell you I know what I am talking about... Cells in the body are like computers. To make new cells that work properly you need a number of things such as:

1. Nutrition - amino acids, vitamins, minerals, fats. Think of this as the hardware of the computer. 

2. Voltage - Cells are designed to run at -25 millivolts but it takes -50 millivolts to make new cells. When you are sick voltage will go down into the low -ve's and into +10, +20 etc. Think of voltage as the electricity that runs into your computer when you plug it in. 

3. Frequency - All glands, organs, muscles etc require specific frequency sets to run optimally. You can think of frequency as the software of your computer. 

The Bio-modulator is designed to correct numbers 2 and 3. You can optimise nutrition all you want but if you don't also correct number 2 and 3 you aren't going to get anywhere. There are other ways (besides the bio-modulator) to correct 2 and 3. Sort out your thyroid and adrenals, drinking alkaline water and treating any dental infections can all help with voltage. Specially blended essential oils can help with frequency. 

I have been to Dr Tennant at his office in Texas, used his protocol and taken a 3 day biomodulator course. He knows his stuff. There were a lot of people taking the course who had suffered from chronic illness for many years and made significant improvements after coming to see him.

I didn't say it wouldn't work. All I say was what you said:

1. Nutrition - amino acids, vitamins, minerals, fats.

But I'm pretty sure Dr. Tennant wouldn't start with months of dirtcheap iodine-loading, but would go almost directly to his way too $expensive$ biomodulator stuff. It's a bit like selling a Ferrari to someone who doesn't have a car. "Well you don't have a car sir, so you need a Ferrari!"

• In his book he does layout a bunch of ways to correct voltage/frequency without the bio-modulator including a whole chapter talking about hypothyroidism where he talks extensively about iodine. He isn't some used car sales man. He was bed ridden for a number of years with a chronic debilitating health problem and is interested in helping others. By all means don't buy the bio-modulator but the OP should at least look at the book which I consider (tied along with one other book) as the best and most comprehensive guide for fixing chronic health problems.
  • RekaReka ✭✭✭

I'm curious. If you have tried eating faster and doing stuff faster, what prevented you from actually doing it?

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

• I'm curious. If you have tried eating faster and doing stuff faster, what prevented you from actually doing it?

The same thing that prevents you for example from running faster then you can.

Actually, occasionally I have periods of time that for an hour or two I can do things reasonably fast, think fast, very efficiently. These don't happen every day, and if they happen, they expire after one, two or maximum three hours, and I back to being slow again. It very much seems like I am running out of something then, so I am trying to figure out what "fuel" I am running out of, that lasts only such short amount of time (if it happens at all on a given day). Unfortunately I was not able yet to figure out what triggers these moments when I am working properly, and how to replicate them.

• s29s29
    edited July 2015

The same thing that prevents you for example from running faster then you can.

Actually, occasionally I have periods of time that for an hour or two I can do things reasonably fast, think fast, very efficiently. These don't happen every day, and if they happen, they expire after one, two or maximum three hours, and I back to being slow again. It very much seems like I am running out of something then, so I am trying to figure out what "fuel" I am running out of, that lasts only such short amount of time (if it happens at all on a given day). Unfortunately I was not able yet to figure out what triggers these moments when I am working properly, and how to replicate them.

Still not taking P5P? Your neurotransmitters need them ASAP. Stop theorizing like Nostradamus, take P5P.

• edited July 2015

I'm curious. If you have tried eating faster and doing stuff faster, what prevented you from actually doing it?

To give you a better idea of the experience:

For example making Bulletproof coffee in the morning. Just taking out all the ingredients and putting them on the table sometimes takes me 15 minutes... My brain takes a minute or two to process information required to retrieve each ingredient, so it goes like this: OK, Bulletproof coffee, what do I need... butter, OK, me thinks where is butter, ah, OK, butter is in the fridge, so let me take it out. Me takes out butter. This whole process in a normal person should not take more then 10 seconds. For me it takes 1-3 minutes. By the time all ingredients and equipment are on the table ready to start brewing, its 5-15 minutes gone from my life. It can take me half an hour to 1 hour to make Bulletproof coffee. Most of which is spent just thinking and not actually doing anything. Doing stuff (physically) is actually fast, but its like my brain works at 10% speed and slows down everything which requires its use. Even for such trivial things as retrieving butter from the fridge.

That's why I am quite fast at things once thinking is done, and something requires just mechanical work, no thought - like I walk 50% faster then other people once I know where I want to go, and there are no obstructions which would require decision making (like whether to go around an obstacle on the left side or on the right). 

I have absolutely terrible short-term memory, I can think of doing something, and then 5 seconds later I forgot what it was that I wanted to do, so I have to stop doing anything and think what it was that I wanted to do, and it can take a few minutes, so doing things is stalled. Actually whatever I do it seems like over 80% of the time is spent stalled waiting for my brain to retrieve and process information, and little time is spent doing anything. Someone new tells me their name, and I can forget it 1 minute later, and ask again about it. I can't remember faces of people I've seen and later when I see them again, even some minutes/hours later the same day, I think intensively is it the same person I already seen, or someone else, and often I am wrong about that.

I have to write down what I am doing in big letters on pieces of paper and put it in front of me, so I see the piece of paper all the time, otherwise I forget what I am doing while doing it, and have to stop and think "what it was that I was doing?". But I think my long term memory is quite good, its just the short-term I feel its terrible. Once I learn them, I can remember long numbers for a long time, have no problems remembering various different PIN codes, bank account numbers.

In about 14 hours a bottle with 60 capsules of 34 mg P5P like this: http://www.metabolics.com/vitamin-b6-p-5-p-pot-of-60-capsules.html should arrive from Amazon.co.uk (if they don't lose the package again). I'll see how it changes things, although I somehow doubt the improvements will be dramatic on this alone, but I just want to test what effects has P5P alone so I will try this before introducing a full B-complex.

• http://metabolichealing.com/b-6-deficiency/

"On a routine blood test, the most related markers are decreases in the ALT (alanine aminotrasferase) and AST (asparatate amino transferase) enzymes. Both of these metabolic enzymes are B-6-dependent. Values less than 12 are good indicators of B-6 deficiency."

My ALT:

2013-06-17    33 U/l

2015-03-19    40 U/l

My AST:

2013-06-17    31 U/l

2015-03-19    27 U/l

So they seem to be good, s29 care to comment?

I will take the P-5-P and see what happens, but it could be hundreds of other things also, so I am more looking for suggestions what blood/urine tests to do to check what really is the reason of my brain malfunctioning, instead of blindly introducing new supplements.

• 1) Bloodtests are not always reliable

2) B-vitamins are water soluble, so you can easy saturate your levels way above RDA without any risk of damage. RDA's are a joke in general.

So take P5P (at least 10mg, maximum 100mg), and see if you feel better.

• @Joplin: just hair with Trace Elements, Inc.:

Uranium: 0.0007 mg%

As: 0.006 mg%

Be: 0.001 mg%

Hg: 0.02 mg%

Cd: 0.001 mg%

Pb: 0.1 mg%

Al: 0.3 mg%

Now I see that:

http://drlwilson.com/articles/TOXIC%20METALS.htm

"The most commonly elevated is aluminum, and elevated means anything above about 0.02 mg%" (mine is 15 times that)

"Hidden copper toxicity. The hair copper level is a very poor indicator of copper toxicity, which is very common.  Instead, look for hidden copper indicators, which include:

Copper greater than 2.5 mg%

Copper less than 1.5 mg%(mine is 0.9 mg%)

Calcium greater than about 65 mg% (mine is 89 mg%)

Potassium less than about 5 mg% (mine is 1 mg%)

Mercury greater than about 0.03 mg% (mine is 0.02 mg%)

And http://drlwilson.com/articles/MIN.IDEALS.htm

Elevated levels of toxic mineral:

Lead > 0.06 mg% (mine is 0.1 mg%)

I am also in the range of "very poor eliminator" for several (if that makes any sense).

I didn't think to look deeper into the toxic metal numbers, because in the explanation TEI attached, it said that "all toxic metals are within acceptable ranges", but now I read that labs have the toxic level limits set too high.

Not sure if the levels provided by Dr. Wilson can be credible, but maybe there is something with a little bit lead, copper and aluminum. 

• Iodoral works great against Alu and Lead.

• Created an account to say that I also experience the same symptoms. It's like a fatigue / brain fog overwhelms me; especially when I first awake and after eating. Some days it's worse than others - I eat a meal and then literally take a nap for 3 hours, in what feels like a very real double sleep cycle complete with REM (dreaming). In the last 3 years this has had social and career ramifications - I am just not my old self.

I went through a very stressful set of years recently and I think that's what triggered it. Genetics and food maybe have played a role.

I've worked with a doctor and nutritionist for eighteen months. We've uncovered a bunch of stuff but not figured out the main culprit yet.

I have low readings for Testosterone, Vitamin D, cortisol, and various other markers. I'm actually basically normal on a thyroid panel but based on symptoms and family history my doctor did want to start there.

T3 & T4 for thyroid have helped me not feel cold at night (was sleeping with a sweater on) but no major energy change. I've tried Hydrocortisone which only helps in response to acute stress but doesn't help latent energy levels.

I've been tested for food sensitivities and uncovered about 24 sensitivities and strong antibody levels for gluten, so I went gluten free. I actually had a period of time for 7 months where I was gluten free, dairy free, really low sugar, caffeine free, and alcohol free. I have since eased up seeing that it does not fix me, but I've stayed strict on the gluten aspect. A follow up test just confirmed those antibodies are way down (negative).

I've had multiple tests for bacteriology and parasitology. We discovered yeast and I did several weeks of nystatin; cleared that on a subsequent test. We discovered bad bacteria, did antibiotics and cleared that. We discovered small intestinal bowel overgrowth (SIBO), did Xifaxin, cleared that as well. Actually Xifaxan made me feel better for a while as well - until it didn't. None of these things had a permanent change in my energy.

I had two sleep studies done. One was a take-home study from a local lab and the other was at Stanford. Sleep apnea negative in both cases. I am now looking into sleep architecture on my own, using a ResMed S+ and a Basis watch to collect some home readings. I have found that my dreams improve from negative in content to neutral/positive with 1500mg tryptophan, 700mg St Johns Wort, and 2 Gabatrols (phenyl-GABA, theanine, plus a few other things) - but no energy change.

I've tried amino acids, mehtylated multivitamins, etc. Tryptophan, GABA, Magnesium and Zinc help mood. Tyrosine can help energy a little.

Heat can help energy a little. Hot showers, saunas, etc. Not greatly.

I've had tests for amino acid levels in blood, heavy metals in blood, etc. Nothing crazy, we tried addressing the minor off-levels.

The current plan is to redo parasitology testing (amoebas, etc), do infectious disease testing (EBV, Lyme, etc), and then maybe move on to addressing testosterone indirectly or directly. We deferred T because he hoped it could be addressed by fixing a "root cause" rather than intervening directly.

In the past I have tried exercise of varying levels - none, 3x weekly 20 minutes, P90X daily, etc. That doesn't seem to help. Currently I walk 30 minutes to/from work daily.

It may end up that it is multifactorial, but I can't help but think there will be one breakthrough that gets me halfway home.

I've logged eighteen months of personal journal data on energy levels, diet, etc and I do have some "up" times but I haven't been able to correlate the reasons yet!

Hope one of us can work it out. Figured I'd share in case we can swap any information.

• edited July 2015

Just finished reading and re-reading Dr. Tennant's book "Healing is Voltage".  His take on nutrition deficits and what to take for damaged organs was very useful.  His take on how to put energy back into places that need more, not so much.  My perspective, the body's energy is not digital.  Why would a digital output wave not be more of a stressor?  If the body is already suffering, why risk reinforcing this? 

Some of the symptoms described by these two gentlemen sound alot like EMF sensitivity.  Tennant talks about this in his book. 

A few years back, I witnessed an ER Nurse's GDV evaluation after coming off a shift in an ER lit with fluorescent lighting, something he commented on.  He had huge gaps in his data field printout and complained of feeling like he was already dead.  He used an analog device for 20 minutes and the test was run a second time.  His field had filled in and balanced.  He ate, sang and entertained us for the next few hours into the night without the use of any stimulants.