I'm Slow And Mentally (Not Physically!) Tired Quickly, What Can Be The Reason, And Any Remed

Comments

• I have low readings for Testosterone, Vitamin D, cortisol, and various other markers. I'm actually basically normal on a thyroid panel but based on symptoms and family history my doctor did want to start there.

T3 & T4 for thyroid have helped me not feel cold at night (was sleeping with a sweater on) but no major energy change. I've tried Hydrocortisone which only helps in response to acute stress but doesn't help latent energy levels.

What is it with doctors, blood testing and prescribing thyroid hormones??? These doctors are so totally fucked up in the brain. These blood tests are unreliable and don't say much.

Give the proper food to your thyroid (Iodoral 6.25-12.5mg + Selenium 200mcg) and let the thyroid decide for itself how much thyroid hormones it want to make. It's so ridiculously simple!

• Created an account to say that I also experience the same symptoms. It's like a fatigue / brain fog overwhelms me; especially when I first awake and after eating. Some days it's worse than others - I eat a meal and then literally take a nap for 3 hours, in what feels like a very real double sleep cycle complete with REM (dreaming). In the last 3 years this has had social and career ramifications - I am just not my old self.

My symptoms are quite different: I have no fatigue (if you mean physical fatigue), and in fact just after waking-up I function the best. I do not fall asleep during the day for hours needlessly (although that was happening often in the past, when my diet was bad). Physically-wise and sleep-wise I am functioning perfectly.

I am just horribly slow at thinking, and a lot of time my brain just stalls, like if electrons where waiting in some traffic jam! I am doing something, and I stall so often to unwind, get thoughts from my brain, that things take me several times as much as they reasonably, (physically) should take.

Common everyday tasks take me so much time, that I routinely skip showering, cleaning etc to gain great amounts of time for doing things I want to do when I skip them. A shower is at least 1 hour for me, not because of physical fatigue, but because of mental stalls every now and then, when my brain just stops, and I can't decide should I take of my left sock first, or the right one, so I do nothing until my brain rests a bit and can take that difficult decision.

It often helps me a great deal to write down the exact procedure that something is done, in points, and then follow the list without thinking, it speeds things up for me tremendously if I have a written down procedure, and even if I did it a hundred times already, it still helps me to follow the written list. I am also very slow at coming up with what to say in a conversation, and I often stall and say nothing for a few minutes, which makes it wired, and people run out of patience talking with me, and when I come up with what I wanted to say its already too late.

I am taking 34 mg P-5-P a day since 3 days now, so far it didn't make a tremendous difference, and I suspect it won't until I get my Iodine in order, which can take months. I also suspect that although I am low in Iodine, there may be also other more deep issues, methylation disorders or something, so I would want to start diagnosing them now, not waiting for the Iodine.

• Should work directly. Maybe the effect is less because you already got some B6 earlier from the Ciltep.

Longer term, I would still advice B-Right the new formula so you have most other b-vitamins also. It doens't make sense to take just a few b-vitamins.

• Should work directly. Maybe the effect is less because you already got some B6 earlier from the Ciltep.

Longer term, I would still advice B-Right the new formula so you have most other b-vitamins also. It doens't make sense to take just a few b-vitamins.

Today I am sluggish as hell. But I put the 5-P-5 pill in my main-meal-of-the-day slot, and I am eating the dinner just now, its 22:35 here. Maybe I should take it with Bulletproof Coffee in the morning instead?

Also the weather is rainy and dark clouds today, which makes things worse I think. On sunny days I do better.

Longer term shouldn't my bacterial flora synthesize all B vitamins?

I have just so damn enough of everything taking me so much time, and things in the world around happening at a pace which I can not keep up with, it makes me so stressed that time flows so fast, and all the time I am getting lost in my thoughts, and I don't even know where another 2 hours have gone. For example writing this message, which consists of 6 sentences, took me 18 minutes (I check the time I started writing in the browser history).

• What is it with doctors, blood testing and prescribing thyroid hormones??? These doctors are so totally fucked up in the brain. These blood tests are unreliable and don't say much.

Give the proper food to your thyroid (Iodoral 6.25-12.5mg + Selenium 200mcg) and let the thyroid decide for itself how much thyroid hormones it want to make. It's so ridiculously simple!

Giving the proper food to your thyroid is great and would have to agree this is always the first and best thing to try.  Besides most of us need B Vitamins and selenium.  But, if the person has an absorption issue or their thyroid gland so damaged or weak the person needs to supplement even if only on the short term.  The rest of their body needs that support to avoid other issues.  Natural forms are best. Thyroxine or other synthetic forms can have side effects that mess the person up further.  The thyroid gland may not make enough hormone on its own, that is an unfortunate fact for too many people out there.  Many have had the gland damaged from too many fluoride treatments as was and still is a treatment for children, not to mention water services that add fluoride to the water.  If you are genetically predisposed to having a weak thyroid that has to be considered too.  Testing can be skewed if the thyroid issue is intermittent.

Would still think considering EMF sensitivity could be contributing to lethargy and brain fog.  

• s29s29
    edited July 2015

Today I am sluggish as hell. But I put the 5-P-5 pill in my main-meal-of-the-day slot, and I am eating the dinner just now, its 22:35 here. Maybe I should take it with Bulletproof Coffee in the morning instead?

Also the weather is rainy and dark clouds today, which makes things worse I think. On sunny days I do better.

Longer term shouldn't my bacterial flora synthesize all B vitamins?

I have just so damn enough of everything taking me so much time, and things in the world around happening at a pace which I can not keep up with, it makes me so stressed that time flows so fast, and all the time I am getting lost in my thoughts, and I don't even know where another 2 hours have gone. For example writing this message, which consists of 6 sentences, took me 18 minutes (I check the time I started writing in the browser history).

You can take it in the morning. P5P isn't a mindnumbing substance like Lithium or cannabis or something like that.

I also see you use L-Threonate. Don't use that. It's ineffective, expensive and caused brain fog (dreaminess) with me. It can take a few weeks before it's out of your system. I think L-Threonate is one of the biggest scams in the supplements scheme.

• edited July 2015

If you don't have a good diet, start eating the way your body wants you to.

If you do have a good diet:

1. Be more active. Walk, a lot, run a little, lift heavy stuff.

2. Exercise your brain. Dual N-Back seems to be the most effective tool for cognitive improvement, I like to train on the train while commuting: Android app.

• Ordered jarrow B-right yesterday from a east European website, crossing my fingers it doesn't get stopped in the customs. I guess 100 capsules would be enough to see if it's helping, ie. that I'm deficient in the B-vitamins.

I bought some B vitamins here in Norway, probably low quality. If I take a lot I get acne. Can't see any other effect. Maybe a higher quality product will do the trick.

• edited July 2015

Ordered jarrow B-right yesterday from a east European website, crossing my fingers it doesn't get stopped in the customs. I guess 100 capsules would be enough to see if it's helping, ie. that I'm deficient in the B-vitamins.

I bought some B vitamins here in Norway, probably low quality. If I take a lot I get acne. Can't see any other effect. Maybe a higher quality product will do the trick.

An inexpensive and easily obtained source of B vitamins can be found in Brewers Yeast (missing B12) or Nutritional Yeast (missing selenium). These are not regulated the same as nutraceuticals but more as food.  If bulk and purchased as a food should not come in capsules.  These are actually very tasty in a smoothie or protein shake.  Brewers is more bitter while Nutritional more savory in flavor.

However, if you are energy depleted the body has to work overtime to absorb and utilize anything it takes in.  Read More...

• Regarding the B-vitamins, because they are mostly short-lived in the body, and naturally they should be synthesized by intestinal bacterial flora, isn't the most proper solution to improve my flora, by mega-dosing probiotics, then to mega-dose B vitamins?

I was only taking Custom Probiotics 200 billion CFU a day for two months, but I read it can take a year or more to restore bacterial flora, now I am thinking about trying VSL#3 450 billion CFU a day for some months, on empty stomach, first thing in the day, 30 minutes away from food (with my CALM magnesium and sea salt in a glass of water). 

We have 100 trillion bacteria in our body, and that's 222 times the 450 billion in one VSL# sachet, and 500 times the 200 billion in Custom Probiotics I was taking, so two months of 200 billion might not be enough to replace the whole flora (I understand it multiplies, but still). 

• Is what I am describing in this thread, is it what is commonly called "brain fog", or is brain fog something else? What exactly is brain fog?

From Wikipedia:

Alternative medicine practitioners popularly use the term brain fog. It is not always clear whether they mean mental fog also known as clouding of consciousness or perhaps something else like feelings of depersonalization or mild cognitive impairment.

Should I try solutions suggested (on this and various other forums) for brain fog, or is what I have something else?

• edited August 2015

Nobody in this thread is looking at metal toxicity. There was one poster who asked Omega about his toxicity. Omega responded with test results indicating good potential for toxicity, then rationalized it away.

Metals can deactivate enzymes and block nutrient uptake. In doing so, they thwart hormone production and that's why you feel like crap.

Unless you're taking supraphysiological doses of nutrients, they're not very likely to dislodge these metals. That's why iodine protocols have such extremely high doses -- all the other halides are heavier than iodine (look at the periodic table). If you throw one iodine at a bromine, bromine's going to stay where it's at. You need lots of iodine to combat that.

RDA doses are not therapeutic. Most were designed to prevent a specific disease, and they definitely weren't designed to cure anything.

Once you start detoxing metals, the nutrients can get to where they need to go.

Selected threads from the BP forum (Use your own signature to highlight threads that you think are important or significant)

• Hi, Just rediscovered something for my self, as I'm struggling too with being mentally slow and fatigued.

When I was a student back in the day I eventually learned that I worked very well when studying right by a wide open window.

I just bought my self a fan which I have placed in my window which is now always open. I have been feeling more focused and sharp (although it's still a struggle).

It's probably not the thing that is going to help you a lot, but breathing fresh cold air can make a lot of difference!

I'm on the opinion now that having a slightly cold room and instead put on some more clothes is the best way for mental performance. I think this is particularly true for men.

It's not just about temperature though, but oxygen vs. carbon-dioxide Just throwing it out there.

When it comes to firezombies post it made me think about this product:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009285QFU/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1ZDAM025RWEYQ

which is brown seaweed extract. I found out about it from a website about dealing with toxic mold exposure.

Maybe it's the iodine which does the job? Or maybe there is something else in that extract. Iodine is relatively cheap and this stuff is quite expensive.

I almost bought it, but decide to put it off due to economic reasons.

What about this product:

http://www.iherb.com/MRM-Cardio-Chelate-with-EDTA-180-Veggie-Caps/4665#p=1&oos=1&disc=0&lc=en-US&w=cardio%20chelate%20MRM&rc=7&sr=null&ic=1

My last purchase of supplements was lots of enzymes and this one was one of them. I have no idea if they are working or not.

• Unless you're taking supraphysiological doses of nutrients, they're not very likely to dislodge these metals. That's why iodine protocols have such extremely high doses -- all the other halides are heavier than iodine (look at the periodic table). If you throw one iodine at a bromine, bromine's going to stay where it's at. You need lots of iodine to combat that.

It's exactly the other way around: iodine is the heaviest halogen and therefor replaces the toxic lighter halogens quite easily. That's why people start detoxing these toxic halogens like crazy if they start with high dosaged iodine/iodide. It also helps against heavy metals.

• edited August 2015

Update from the OP:

I am now at 31.25 mg iodine per day, nothing (good or bad) happens. I quit Magnesium L-Threonate and also quit the 100mg Thiamin HCl, as I read it lowers magnesium, but maybe I'll put it back in. Just took it out of my stack temporarily, not sure should I take it or not. Placed a big order on http://purebulk.com/ for P5P, 500 grams magnesium glycinate, Riboflavin-5'-Phosphate, and other stuff, and will make my own B-complex.

I am still slow, 34mg P-5-P each day in the morning with my Bulletproof Coffee didn't do much, nor the 31 mg Iodine. I think in fact what I was is what is called "brain fog". I discovered lots of people with similar symptoms to mine if I Google "brain fog ADHD".

There is this guy Joseph M. Cohen who successfully hacked his brain fog, and on his website he did some experiments with megadosing probiotics: http://selfhacked.com/2014/12/19/experience-megadosing-probiotics/

So I had some capsules of Udo's Choice Super8 (42 billion CFU per capsule), of Lactobacillus acidophilus 45%, Lactobacillus rhamnosus 35%, Lactobacillus plantarum 7%, Bifidobacterium bifidum 6%, Bifidobacterium longum 3%, Lactobacillus casei 3%, Lactobacillus salivarius 1%. So I took 9 of these today first thing in the morning, half-hour before BPC, for a decent dose of 378 billion CFU.

While it didn't cure my brain fog, BUT it made it significantly worse, like for a few hours I was completely unable to get down and do something, I was struggling to reboot my brain.

Before I was taking 200 billion CFU Custom Probiotics D-lactate-free 9-strain, and I don't remember it making my brain fog worse, so maybe I am sensitive to D-lactate, as Lactobacillus acidophilus was the main strain I took today, and its one of the strains which produces high amounts of D-lactate (the other one is Lactobacillus plantarum).

I want to try VSL#3, it also has both Lactobacillus acidophilus and Lactobacillus plantarum, so if that also makes my brain fog worse, at least I'll know something.

I am reading into http://selfhacked.com/2013/06/15/the-cause-of-brain-fog/ and I see there can be a great amount of different possible causes of brain fog, so thinking that iodine and P5P will surely fix everything is a bit naive. It can be part of the problem, and probably is, but likely there are other issues too.

I am not sure if Custom Probiotics was making my brain-fog worse, better, or no change, as I wasn't paying too much attention, and when you got brain fog almost constantly every day, you kind-of get used to it, and to being slow and unproductive. Sometimes only in the evening I realize how slow I was this day. When my brain fog gets so much worse, that I am not only slow, but completely unable to get my thinking straight for over half and hour, then I notice something is worse.