"i Am Already Very Healthy." My Carb-Eating Friend...

edited August 2013 in General Discussion

I recently found the bulletproofexec. Love it. I'm tracking my progress as I'm adding muscle at the beginning of a serious bodybuilding plan. My initial skepticism has receded as I've read more (listened to all 33 podcasts).

As of today, I'm in the m new to the forum. But here's the thing, I only joined because of a conversation with one of my good friends who looks incredible. Let's call him Muscle Mike. He is physically fit, looks great, and has lots of energy.

Muscle Mike's activities:

1. volleyball (during the summer)

2. running (training for marathon)

3. lift weights (4 days/week 45 mins each time)

Muscle Mike's eats:

1. cereal

2. eggs

3. bagel

4. apple

5. pasta

6. yogurt

7. chicken

8. sweet potato

His question was, "I'm already very healthy. I'm willing to do this diet, but I need a reason to do it. Please ask Dave Asprey, or others, to give me a reason for doing this diet. If there is a good reason that makes sense to me, I'd obviously commit myself. I just need to know why I should do this, given the fact that I seem to be doing great (feeling great, looking great) and I'm doing nearly everything wrong...according to his diet."

What's your take, Dave? A little assistance here would be much appreciated!

Here's a picture of Muscle Mike:

john.jpg

Comments

• Bp diet isn't just appearance, it's anti cancer, anti body odor, pro energy, pro gut-health, anti aging.

Cereal grains contribute to nutrient deficiencies, autoimmune disease, impaired digestion, and contain opioids which make them addicting.
    Please email me instead of PM

[email protected]
  • M. ThomasM. Thomas A Stick of Butter a Day Keeps the Doctor Away.
    In order to sell this diet to muscle mike you should tell him the diet is optimized for mental performance and the body aspects are just a beneficial side effect. He should expect his gains to be mental acuity and energy levels etc, rather than getting leaner per say.
  • Someone give him a burger. Abs on a skinny dude is like big tits on a fat chick.
  • RodRod The Rodfather
    Hey,

Want to solve the real issue? Take a wellnessFX test, check is vLDL and Crp for total inflammation. He may look good on the outside, but what about inside? " Out of sight, Out of mind" trust me on this.

Everything I learned about "biohacking" has been baby steps to "circadian biology", that's where the real biohacking comes in. You can buy a bunch of cool shit to "hack" but if you don't have context, you're not winning. Paleo is just a brand now and too many have opinions, it's on you to read and reread the material to not only find truth but to connect the dots. Much love to everyone who has helped me on my journey for restoring my health, please keep in touch. Feel free to message me with health questions [email protected] 

• dem gyno pecs