Fat Loss Hindered By Hormones, Thoughts?

Hey everyone! I've been a troll on this website for some time, but I've finally decided to post a question for the community.

Ever since my college days, 10+ years ago, I've struggled with excess weight in my abdominal section. If you were to see the rest of my body, it's pretty muscular and tone. There's a clearly a disproportionate amount of fat in one section of my body. Naturally, it's hard to walk around with this big gut!

I know I have stress (i.e. high cortisol) issues. I've always been a high-strung person. I'm trying to take steps to reduce that. Even purchased a Vibe Plate (HBV).

Almost three years ago, I decided to start doing Crossfit. I did Crossfit for almost three years. While it was an excellent way to get me in shape, I found that the fat was not coming off. In fact, I gained a fair amount of muscle, but didn't lose the "beer gut" (I don't drink beer, btw).

Back in May, I felt the inner need to quit Crossfit. I had been doing research on adrenal fatigue, cortisol, etc. I was becoming increasingly concerned that Crossfit was contributing to my adrenal fatigue and high cortisol levels. This, in turn, was preventing fat loss.

For the past two months, I've been doing IF with BP coffee daily, eating between 12pm and 6pm. I have also been lifting weights at home, following Dave Asprey's advice which is based on the Body by Science book. I've also been allowing myself to "sleep in" until 7am (when my little kids wake up).

I think I'm headed in the right direction, but I still haven't seen any reduction in fat in my midsection.

I have a suspicion that my hormones are to blame for the situation I'm in. I'm trying to figure out what's the best plan of attack. I'm not a fan of taking hormones to "kick start" this fat loss process, but I'm also very wary of anything unnatural. I took HCG years ago and found it to be effective, but only for the short term.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Summary:

• Excess weight in abdominal section only
  • Did Crossfit for 2.5 years, saw increase in muscle but no decrease in fat
  • Eat pretty "crunchy" organic/local food, mostly avoid sugar
  • Doing BP coffee with MCT oil and IF for the past two months, no noticeable decrease in fat
  • Looking for suggestions to specifically target hormones in body
  • Struggle with stress (high cortisol)

Comments

• Thanks for responding, Jason. What would you recommend to address being "underfed"? Increase MCT oil, healthy fats, etc?

• dazdaz today is a good day ✭✭✭
    edited July 2015

Thanks for responding, Jason. What would you recommend to address being "underfed"? Increase MCT oil, healthy fats, etc?

rather than increasing MCT oil, you may do better by adding/increasing a good quality olive oil...at least its worth a try. 

have google on things like > "olive oil" cortisol   or   oleuropein cortisol   or   oleocanthal cortisol. 

olive oil/oleuropein/oleocanthal/oleic acid all seem to be good stuff...ie. plenty of info on anti-inflammation, reducing cortisol, increasing luteinizing hormone (LH), boosting testosterone, 

fake it till you make it

• rather than increasing MCT oil, you may do better by adding/increasing a good quality olive oil...at least its worth a try. 

have google on things like > "olive oil" cortisol   or   oleuropein cortisol   or   oleocanthal cortisol. 

olive oil/oleuropein/oleocanthal/oleic acid all seem to be good stuff...ie. plenty of info on anti-inflammation, reducing cortisol, increasing luteinizing hormone (LH), boosting testosterone, 

Great input! I will def. check that out.