Intermittent Fasting The Day After Exercise

If I intermittent fast a couple days per week, and put protein (collagelatin or raw eggs) in my coffee the other 3-4 days, the day following my exercise, is it better to intermittent fast or get the extra protein?

My understanding is that intermittent fasting is good to do a few days a week, or even most days, but not every single day.

I have also heard Dave say a lot that the best time to work out is right after an intermittent fast.

Dave also talks about putting collagelatin protein or raw eggs in the coffee some mornings. I like to do this most mornings as it makes me feel amazing and I usually work a job that has a lot of labour and find I don't have enough energy if I go to work on coffee with no protein.

That said, I try to get the benefits of IF at least a couple days a week by skipping the protein.

Please correct me if I am wrong about anything I just said. It is also my understanding that you maximize the workout benefits even more if you exercise following an intermittent fast combined with a protein fast (I'm pretty sure I've heard dave say you can combine your protein fast with IF).

So my thinking is to IF before and leading up to a workout and to eat protein in the morning or two after my workouts. Does this make sense? I would love some input. I have done a bunch of searching online and in the forums but have been unable to find a clear answer to this question. Thanks

Comments

• So I'm gathering from what you just said that I am mistaken about training following the intermittent fast?

It would be better to put some protein in my coffee that morning and then go train?

Also, did you have any thoughts on my original question about intermittent fasting or eating protein the morning following an exercise?

Maybe to illustrate it a little clearer, which of the 4 would be most beneficial

#1. (all intermittent fasting)

day of exercise: bp coffee (no protein), then exercise, then bp lunch with extra carbs and bp dinner with carbs

day after exercise: bp coffee (no protein), bp lunch (16-18 hours after last night's dinner), bp dinner

#2. (fast before exercise, protein after)

day of exercise: bp coffee (no protein), then exercise, then bp lunch with extra carbs and bp dinner with carbs

day after exercise: bp coffee (with protein), bp lunch bp dinner

#3. (protein first, fast after)

day of exercise: bp coffee (with protein), then exercise, then bp lunch with extra carbs and bp dinner with carbs

day after exercise: bp coffee (no protein), bp lunch (16-18 hours after last night's dinner) bp dinner

#4. (no intermittent fasting near exercise)

day of exercise: bp coffee (with protein), then exercise, then bp lunch with extra carbs and bp dinner with carbs

day after exercise: bp coffee (with protein), bp lunch, bp dinner

maybe do an intermittent fast 2 days after exercise?

I don't think it is really relevant to my question, but I'm not doing a whole lot of training. Just one day a week of weight lifting doing the big 5 Dave talks about in the BP Diet book for about 10-15 mins and then one day a week of the 15 mins of high intensity interval cardio usually 3-4 days after the weight lifting. So it sounds to me like you're saying that any kind of fasting near a workout is a bad idea so #4 would be the most beneficial way to schedule my intermittent fasting around my exercise? Thanks for the response.