Buying Protein, But Which One?

Let me start off by saying that I live in Europe, so USA sites etc often have ridiculous high shipping costs.

I am interested in buying protein since I live in a country without grass fed meat (slovenia) and I am pretty sick of eating wild salmon every single day since I can't have meat. I eat to feel as good as possible but an added benefit of working on my body composition would be nice. I tried many ''std'' protein powders in the past and realized they made me feel very bad. Also I got a sensitive right shoulder since a few years from playing a lot of tennis so I can't properly serve anymore. It would be very nice if I could improve this as well.

So the question is, which one should I pick? (no problem to buy multiple of them if thats beneficial, all my earnings go to bulletproof and detox supplements anyways lol)

Bulletproof Collagelatin?

Bulletproof upgraded whey protein?

Bulletproof upgraded collagen?

I know these powders are very high priced but I fail to find something that I can tolerate that is cheaper. I tried even like pure Isolate powder from a regular store which made me feel a bit better but still not very good. Cassein for example makes me feel extremely lethargic etc.

Thanks!

Comments

• I have same problem I have contract in Bg ... i use My protein from UK,and manage somehow to find what I need. . in Hungary u may find some useful things...if u want u may contact me
  • suntouchersuntoucher Uninspired Potential ✭✭✭
    Aside from supplemental stuff, why exactly aren't you eating meat?
  • Because I can't find grass fed meat here and better not to eat meat then grain fed for me. I feel much better mind-clarity wise if I don't eat grain fed meat. If you have a place where I can find grass fed meat in Slovenia I will be extremely thankful but so far it is mission impossible...

• I have same problem I have contract in Bg ... i use My protein from UK,and manage somehow to find what I need. . in Hungary u may find some useful things...if u want u may contact me

My protein is not good. I tried that and feel very bad on it. I need one low in toxins.

• suntouchersuntoucher Uninspired Potential ✭✭✭
    You are not eating meat, even though you live in a country that's perfectly suited for cattle. Beef and lamb in your country will mostly be grass-fed, likely supplemented with fewer grains than in other European countries due to climate (=cheaper to grow on just grass).

You don't need protein powder or collagen, you need to eat your meat regularly in the first place.

Whether your beef is grain supplemented is NOT IMPORTANT when put in light of not eating meat at all. And even then, there is NO DATA saying that 'grain fed meat is unhealthy when compared to grass-fed.' IT IS NOT UNHEALTHY! Don't believe me? Try to find studies that say such a thing (and then compare to grass-fed) - the only rational conclusion you will make is that grass-fed has extra stuff in it and a better composition, but in no way does it make grain-fed unhealthy.

Lamb is most definitely nearly 100% grass-fed. Shop around for a local source that you can trust. You can even commission a cattle to be grown by some small farmer and it can be fully grass-fed if you want it like that.

You are looking at supplemental stuff - it's NOT FOOD, it's SUPPLEMENTAL. Think! You are compromising your health by doing this.

PRIORITIES!!!
  • Grain fed has more toxins. They give the animals here mainly corn if they feed them. I recently tried ecological beef and felt worse. Not as bad as wild boar though.

You can even commission a cattle to be grown by some small farmer and it can be fully grass-fed if you want it like that.

That is interesting. Question now is how to find a farmer :) I have my priorities very clear: avoid toxins as much as possible. There is enough research that shows how much toxins there are in grains.