Busy Lifestyle + Constipation Problem

I have a problem with constipation,

I follow BP-diet, and it is working overall very well.

But I have few issues.

Just to paint the picture of my usual day:

I´m attending school, working during the nights, train Brazilian Jiu Jitsu(which I´m competing, and looking to going down 3 kg to get to lower weight class) and I´m currently launching my own business.

Height: 175 cm

Weight: 75 kg

Here´s how my usual daily diet looks:

some where around between 8-11 am:

BP-coffee  (I use little raw cacao with it, together with MCT and grass fed butter)

First meal between 2-3 pm:

First meal, protein somewhere around 30g with veggies, butter.

Second meal at 8 pm.

I´ll go to bed around 3 am.

Occasionally,

when I have really busy day (including all the things mentioned above) I´feel bit hungry.

Should I have more protein meals?

Should I have post-workout protein shake? I´m able to get organic rice protein for free (don´t ask why ;)

I also have issue with constipation, please help!

Cheers!

Tagged:

Comments

• DManDMan Master of Arts ✭✭✭

For constipation: When you are in fight or flight mode your body stops digesting. There is a bunch of things you can try. 1. get into rest and digest mode more often. :) 2. Check your gut. 3. You can try digestive enzymes, HCL (I believe) and eat probiotics...

May you be well, may you be happy, may you be healthy, may you be loved.

How much to eat:
    advanced | How to train: bulletproof training | HRV: HRV FOR TRAINING HRV BASICS What Affects HRV | Brain  & Memory dual n back training advanced training

• DManDMan Master of Arts ✭✭✭

Great, now you scared him away with your in your face attitude. xD

May you be well, may you be happy, may you be healthy, may you be loved.

How much to eat:
    advanced | How to train: bulletproof training | HRV: HRV FOR TRAINING HRV BASICS What Affects HRV | Brain  & Memory dual n back training advanced training

• edited August 2015
    I appreciate your concern, but I´m a big boy and know when to decompress. I´ve been doing this thing called "busy lifestyle" quite a while.

And for the weight thing, I am not lean, so there is definitely some room to lose weight :)
  • fixerforhirefixerforhire Mr. Not Sure.

Ahaus, you doing BP IF and working out?

you might need to up the carbs and just do BP. I tried to compensate with more veggies, it didnt quite work.

intermittently I'd get 5 hours during the week, stress was the same but time between BM increased significantly on BP IF.

what are you eating for dinner?

before you started BP were you constipated?

• Ahaus, you doing BP IF and working out?

you might need to up the carbs and just do BP. I tried to compensate with more veggies, it didnt quite work.

intermittently I'd get 5 hours during the week, stress was the same but time between BM increased significantly on BP IF.

what are you eating for dinner?

before you started BP were you constipated?

Before starting BP, I didn´t experience any constipation.

Usually my dinner consists grasfed beef (in different forms) and veggies(kale, broccoli, carrots, cucumber).

I´ve added bit more carbs to my diet now (sweet potato), do you have any preference on this?

• I know, what I'm getting towards is that you low amounts of lean mass is a strong contributer to your leanness, and your food intake is limiting your lean mass, and your stress environment isn't helping your body fat levels either. I've just seen it before, have you thought of just filling out your current weight class?

More to the topic, adding some prunes post workout will get you going and fuel recovery.

Prunes! Will try those.

• fixerforhirefixerforhire Mr. Not Sure.

Sweet potatoes are great. cold organic white rice or warmed to 115 degrees if you have the means with temperature control. cold rice is kinda lame.

i'll throw a handful of chopped sweet potato in with my lunch when I start feeling a little off.

i'll do the teaspoon of Himalaya salt twice a week. 

magnesium seems to help. It can seem like a lot of pills to get to 500mg depending on the type of magnesium you have.