I Cannot Figure Out My Plateau... So Close To My Goal!

Scales have not budged at all in the last 2 weeks. Exactly 130.0 everyday. Strict bulletproof for the last 2 weeks. I am following the fat loss bulletproof and fasting 15-17 hours a day.

Background info:

Height: 5'2"

Weight: 130 lbs

Currently breastfeeding my 11 month old

Crossfit 2 times a week, never more

I have been right around 130 lbs for about 3+ months. Varying about from about 130-132. My sons 1 year mark is quickly approaching and I wanted to be around 125 like I was for my oldest son's 1 year mark with my final goal to be 118lbs. Because of that I have been been strictly bulletproof for almost the past 2 weeks.

Before the past couple weeks I would have cheat foods here and there by having a scoop of ice cream a couple times a week when we would go out as a family or a piece of quiche in the late afternoon if I go to the local coffee shop. Also before the last couple of weeks I would typically eat a small snack of avocado or sweet potato chips at 10:30-11:00.

Last 2 week typical day:

6:45

BPC (2 Tablespoons grassfed butter, 1 tablespoon XCT oil)

10:30-12

Somedays I have a second cup of BPC made the same way. Also sometimes I add teaspoon BP chocolate powder

1:00-2:45 ( it gets later and later as 2 weeks go by )

1 avocado always with pink Himalayan salt

1/2 lb to 1lb some sort of beef ( add 1-2 tablespoons grassfed butter )

17 sweet potato chips ( 15g carbs, some days, other days none)

1/2 bulletproof ice cream

3:00

most days, not all BPC (2 Tablespoons grassfed butter, 1 tablespoon XCT oil, 1 Tablespoon BP collgan protein, 1 teaspoon chocolate powder)

5:30 2 nights a week crossfit, dinner after workout

5:30 dinner non crossfit nights or 7:45 crossfit nights

1lb+ beef or 12 oz wild salmon

1/2 avcado

17 sweet potato chips ( 15 g carbs)

1/3 - 1/2 cup BP ice cream

10:00

375 mg Magnesium Citrate

550 mg Potassium

Sundays (refeed, protein fast)

6:45

BPC (2 Tablespoons grassfed butter, 1 tablespoon XCT oil)

10:00

1.5- 2 Paleo waffles (made with plantains, eggs, coconut oil, cocoa powder, baking soda, pink  salt) Each waffle has 4.5 g protein

I used grassfed butter as 'syrup'

5:30

Chipotle veggie bowl with avocado ( not every week but similar)

6:30 sometimes 1/3 - 1/2 cup BP ice cream

If anyone has any insight for me as in what I might need to change that would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Hi,

I will look at this from a calories in calories out perspective. I know a lot of people here don´t like it, but it works for me and others. Now that this is set aside, here is what I think.

I estimate that your total daily energy expenditure is somewhere 2650kcal per day. This is including 400kcal for lactation and 2 times I week crossfit e.g you put your mean activity coefficient to 1,5 (I don´t think it´s more that that). If I don´t account for the second BPC and the icecream, then by the end of your non-refeed days you ingest from 2455 to 2864kcal, which is either slightly below or above your daily requirements. Now, one adds the occasional second BPC and account for the ice cream, you are most likely above your daily needs in terms of calories. And I´ll make I wild guess, that the refeed/protein fast day is somewhat similar in terms of calorie surplus.

So there you go. Could be, but may not be limited to, a daily calorie surplus. Or if one takes the daily fluctuations, then there is a slight chance you are isocaloric for the week, which still doesn´t help fat loss from my understanding of things.

Good luck!

• By the way.

Lactation and once a week protein fasting...not that that´s a big deal, but you need amino acids to build those milk proteins. Guess where those amino acids are coming from during that protein fast day...probably your muscles. And that may not be the best idea.

But I could be wrong and that´s just not a big deal...

• RekaReka ✭✭✭
    edited August 2015

I agree with the above, and also you may be low in carbs and too high in fat. Protein seems to be almost okay except for the protein fasting. Your weight is not too high in itself, maybe you would better be off with body recomposition, building some muscle which helps you lose fat. Your weight may remain the same but after a few months you would look completely different.

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

• Thank you for advice! I never considered I was eating too much fat and probably because of that too many calories. I was trying to keep my carbs lower and consequently tried to eat more fat to feel fuller. Hopefully after these changes I will see some results!

•  refeeds you are doing are not high enough to make the difference.

By this do you mean I need more carbs on the refeed day?

• hi guys, just a question since i'm new to all this.

on the book i read that for women is good to consume 6-8 tablespoons of good fat, while for men it should be more.

if so, iLew is doing right counting how much butter she uses in a day.

i would be grateful to understand more about this thing thanks to your suggestions.
  • DagothUrDagothUr
    edited August 2015

hi guys, just a question since i'm new to all this.

on the book i read that for women is good to consume 6-8 tablespoons of good fat, while for men it should be more.

if so, iLew is doing right counting how much butter she uses in a day.

i would be grateful to understand more about this thing thanks to your suggestions.

In depends.

Nothing wrong with ingesting healthy fats. However, that may be true if her goal would have been 1) maintain current weight 2) not engage in any kind of demanding physical activity (crossfit is demanding).

Considering that her goals differ from those two, modifications to the diet regimen should be made to reach those goals, e.g slightly reduce calorie intake and perhaps slightly increase activity and manipulate macronutrients according to training regimen to fuel optimal performance/recovery...and I´ll dare say better body composition. On non-training days you could probably go for 6-8 tablespoons of good fats.

BTW one BPC and 1 to 1,5 avocados almost give you 6 tablespoons and that probably won´t tip the scale in the direction of a calorie surplus. And there is some saturated fat in the beef/salmon, so you´ll still be getting a good amount of fats anyway.

• thank you so much Dago:-)

just to pointed it out a bit more, you now, my brain is not yet bulletproofish enough:

are you saying that

one bulletproof coffe and eating an avocado or 1,5 a day is already the right amount of good fat you are allowed to eat if you want to maintain your weight and don't work out?

if so, then no more ghee or butter during the same day, uhu?
  • As with all the above your fat is way too high, and your carbs are too low, way too low for crossfit days, refeeds you are doing are not high enough to make the difference. You also should be eating different amounts of food on non workout and workout days (more on workout).

hi, can you please tell me more about those kind of foods, amount of whatever that should be eat on a non workout day? i will appreciate so much. thank you in advance

• thank you so much Dago:-)

just to pointed it out a bit more, you now, my brain is not yet bulletproofish enough:

are you saying that

one bulletproof coffe and eating an avocado or 1,5 a day is already the right amount of good fat you are allowed to eat if you want to maintain your weight and don't work out?

if so, then no more ghee or butter during the same day, uhu?

Once again, it depends.

To say anything definitively, your total daily energy expenditure and activity levels must be taken into consideration.

It could be to little, to much or just right. Or, the calories could be in place, but the macronutrient ratios could be off.

But in general and it´s my opinion only, 1 BPC, a few avocados, meats with some fat and fatty fish - that´s plenty of good fats. In your sedentary, you can up the fats, but at the expense of other macronutrients and micronutrients in them.

And again, if you up your fats at the expense of carbs, which is mostly based on activity levels - probably not a big deal if your sedentary, HOWEVER even then Asprey recommends refeeds, so there is probably more to carbs than just fuel for performance. However, if you up fats at the expense of protein, after some point, your body composition will most likely suffer e.g less muscle mass - which will result in reduced energy expenditure.

So...you can add another tblsp of ghee, butter, MCT of coconut oil...if it fits into your  total daily energy expenditure, does not compromise your physical performance (and mental in some cases) and does not negatively impact your body composition.

• i'm grateful for your reply. actually the thing is that don't workingout makes the difference in your plate too. i don't eat carbs at all i must say. my carbs are black carrots (raw), radishes, zucchini, asparagus and avocados (if you let me to put them in the "vegetables list"). And you know what also? i watched the podcast #...i don't remember now, anyway that one with Jimmy Moore, and then Dave said that his perfect protein balance a day is 15/20g more or less...........i mean how much meat is that?
  • Are you really eating up to 2 pounds of beef a day? That seems like too much for a 130 lb woman. Digesting protein is relatively taxing, "metabolically expensive" as someone clever once said... so, if you eat too much one problem is your body is kept busy digesting meat instead of using it's energy to do things like autophagy. 

The total amount of food seems like a lot, actually - are you feeling full a lot?  Full disclosure - I overate at the start of being BP for some reason, I eat a lot less food now.

Is your beef being cooked low temp? Is it grassfed? Are those sweet potato chips something you make in the oven or buy in a bag?

Last thought - the strict vibe I'm picking up... make sure to relax. You said the word strict a few times, and it seems like you are powering on this right now and focused on deadlines and timetables - nothing wrong with that, but it suggests you're stressing yourself, and could benefit from relaxing. Being relaxed means lowered cortisol. Lowered cortisol means easier weight loss, especially belly fat. I'd just take more breaths, try Emwave, things like that. No joke, this could be a big factor.

Hope you find the tweaks you need, and feel great soon - seems like you've been putting in the work and deserve the full outcome you want. 

• hi guys, i'm trying to figure it out how much are 20g of proteins and i'm a bit lost between american and european size so, i would appreciate a bit of help

this is the site i visited

http://www.healthaliciousness.com/articles/foods-highest-in-protein.php

at #4 here there is the beef.

is it possible that just 100g is already 36g of proteins?

could you please where the hell:-) i have to navigate in order to have the most truthful truths? :-)

thank you
  • i missed to add

could you please tell me where....etc.
  • RekaReka ✭✭✭

i'm grateful for your reply. actually the thing is that don't workingout makes the difference in your plate too. i don't eat carbs at all i must say. my carbs are black carrots (raw), radishes, zucchini, asparagus and avocados (if you let me to put them in the "vegetables list"). And you know what also? i watched the podcast #...i don't remember now, anyway that one with Jimmy Moore, and then Dave said that his perfect protein balance a day is 15/20g more or less...........i mean how much meat is that?

I hope you don't want to start eating 20 g of protein daily, along with no carbs at all. Are you sure they said grams and not calorie percentage (which would still be low in my opinion).

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.