Workout Programing Implications

I would like to get some opinions on the implication of workout programing for strength programs.  Consider the following:

Workout A - Stationary

5x5 Squats @ 60% 1RM 1:30 interval

5x5 Bench @ 60% 1RM 1:30 interval

5x5 Barbell @ 60% 1RM Row 1:30 interval

Workout B - Circuit Training

5 sets:

5 Squat @ 60% 1RM

5 Bench @ 60% 1RM

5 Row @ 60% 1RM

1:30 interval

There is a greater metabolic demand in Workout B because more work is being done in the given interval.  Depending on muscle recruitment, there might be a little overlap, but at 60% of your one rep max, how significant could that be?  What are the implications beyond this?  What will the predicted effects be on an SRA curve?  How can we determine the difference in kcal requirements from workout A to workout B?

Comments

• If we compared the same workout types but increased the load to 85% 1RM, would it make a difference?  

When we rest, it gives our bodies a chance to resatureate oxygen both locally and systemically, but at what point does the systemic load interfere with strength potential?  We have all worked out hard and felt winded, but if we really had to, we would still have the muscular strength to blast through.  If we totally burn out our type-3 muscle fibers from a single exercise where we go to failure, we cannot.  (Aside from reorienting the weight, or kipping, or something to that effect.)

• "Maximum recoverable load" -  so, you really need to be working towards strength gains, and faster recovery separately.  There is not an effective way to combine them without sacrificing strength gains?

I did a search for "advanced crossfit training" and it showed me a bunch of "Top Five Most Brutal Crossfit WODs."  Is there a place where I can look that the difference between what a conditioning workout would look like vs. metcon?