If I Had To Choose One Detox Supplement

I have been in the process of putting my list together on iherb. The basics are pretty much in my cart already.

I dont want to go to heavy on the detox. If I only chose one, what would you recommend?

I would love to welcome you on my new page: www.soul-smoothies.com 

Comments

• I would pick activated charcoal. It does the job well and has less side effects than some of the others.
  • great cause that would have been my choice as well.

• I just bought some activated charcoal today. Jason Hooper, I saw your full detailed layout on another forum and that is awesome. I was wondering how I can use just the activated charcoal to be the most effective? For example, Do I chose 1 day a week? What time of the day to use it? Before or after eating? The way I understand it, its a great substance to clean your body out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I also bought coconut oil and ghee. Any other tips on these things would be great too. I have very limited on budget since I am still in college and don't have much cash flow.
  • Jason HooperJason Hooper ✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    If you practice Bulletproof intermittent fasting, I would take it two hours before lunch. I would start with one day per week, and bio-hack it from there.

Coconut oil is awesome for ice cream, puddings, and other treats. Make sure that it warms up to about eighty degrees Fahrenheit or it will be solid and tough to use. You can add a little ghee to your Bulletproof coffee, or other meals in place of oil. If you can get Kerrygold at a low price, it will save you a lot of money!

I wish I would have known about this stuff when I was in school.
  • Chlorella would be my best bid image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • 'Miamaya' wrote:

Chlorella would be my best bid image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Can you recommend one available in DK?
  • "Den grønne perle" image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • Something for glutathione, which is a primary detoxifier of the cells and liver, and something for Nrf2 activation which induces detox enzymes and more.

So a NAC supplement (ideally with Vit C and ALA) and Sulforaphane (broccoli sprouts)
  • okay so Act. Charcoal and Chlorella are the favorites.

Which detox supps do you guys take on a daily basis?

I am using bentonite clay twice a day and my diet is so so. I understand the more bulletproof I eat the less detox supps I need. However I would like to hear what you guys take on a daily basis :)

• "I am using bentonite clay twice a day..."

I just learned in the past year or so that people consume this.  For the past 10+ years I have been using it as a primer for my concrete pump.  Three cups of the bentonite clay powder into a 5 gallon bucket and fill with water from a nozzle.  Makes what looks like a batch of runny pancake batter.  Throw it in the hopper, and it primes/lubes the inside of the rubber concrete hoses better than water.  No plugging while pumping.  Not sure how much they charge, but if you have a drilling supply company nearby, you can buy it by the 50 lb. bag (like ready mix concrete bags) very cheap.

I see a bottle of 100% pure clay bentonite powder from Now costs $24 for 1 lb.  

I think I pay about $10 for 50 lb. bag.  It is sodium bentonite as it mixes well with water.  They could be the same product just packaged and promoted at different costs to different clientele.  This is what I purchase... 

Fgallery6-9.jpg

Related article...

http://www.ehow.com/about_5047228_bentonite-clay-used.html

Seeing through the chaotic.
  • I like Bentonit Clay because it is cheap and with one product you can go a long way.

• I have been with LifeBotanica Detox Complete. It really works well with me. It consist with special Herbs that have been used for centuries to cleanse, purify, soothe and support various body organs and systems include: Milk Thistle, Dandelion Root, Cascara Sagrada, Echinacea, Yellow Dock, Mexican Sarsaparilla Root, Burdock Root, Golden Seal, Cleavers Herb, Rose Hips, Carrot Oil, Aloe Vera, Slippery Elm, Nettle, Couch Grass, and Ginger Root.

It's not the price, but "It's the what's on it and the benefit's that matters". 

• NAC, which boosts glutathione the most.

• If you practice Bulletproof intermittent fasting, I would take it two hours before lunch. I would start with one day per week, and bio-hack it from there.

Coconut oil is awesome for ice cream, puddings, and other treats. Make sure that it warms up to about eighty degrees Fahrenheit or it will be solid and tough to use. You can add a little ghee to your Bulletproof coffee, or other meals in place of oil. If you can get Kerrygold at a low price, it will save you a lot of money!

I wish I would have known about this stuff when I was in school.

Jason, just curious... what's the benefit/rationale for taking charcoal on an empty stomach daily before a post-fasting meal?

• Activated charcoal works great with food if you are eating a cheat meal.  If you do not subscribe to the cheat meal philosophy, it is better to take it away from food.  The active charcoal will bind more endotoxins if taken away from food.