New To Bp And Scared To Death!

Hi. I am a 42 year old female, former competitive bodybuilder who has been training and involved in fitness for nearly 20 years now. I began the BP diet about a week or so ago because I really needed to add fats to my diet. My joints and body were starting to constantly ache and my brain and thought process had become a bit cloudy from the numerous years of a super low carb and low fat diet. Although I do not compete anymore, I still train as though I do and have consistently followed a pretty strict diet over the years. The thought of eating all of this extra fat scares me to death because I am so conditioned to be afraid of fats. I never in a million years thought I would be adding butter to my coffee- it goes against what I have done for years. So I guess what I need is just a little reassurance or any tips or advice anybody can give that I am not going to blow up like a balloon. I do already feel my joints easing up a bit and I know that my body does need healthy fats, I am just scared that I am going to take in too many fats- or not enough.... Any words of wisdom would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• RekaReka ✭✭✭
    edited September 2015

Hi! Take it slowly, don't start with adding 150 grams of fat from one day to another. Monitor your reactions to the fat increases. You can do it as slowly as you feel safe. You can add just 10 grams per week, stay on that level for a week then if you feel it's okay to add 10 more grams next week, do it. If not, wait a little.

You may also need some more stomach acid to deal with the extra fats, so maybe take enzymes or something acidic if you feel GI upset.

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

• fixerforhirefixerforhire Mr. Not Sure.

the Bulletproofing the athlete topic pinned at the top of this board is excellent.

document your ratios and note how you are doing along the way. adjust as needed.

it's a good idea. I was resistant to documenting and being more mindful. it's nice to be able to look back and know for certain what I'm doing.