Qeeg Neurofeeback

Hello,

I am currently beginning 20 session of 19 channel neurofeedback. 

Does anyone  have any recommendation of implementations I can take in order to get the most benefit from these sessions?

For example should I use noortropics, caffeine ,or other brain hacks, or should I do the sessions as clean as possible?

Any info would be appreciated.

Comments

• DManDMan Master of Arts ✭✭✭

in the articles about 40 years of zen they say one has to be as clean as possible.

May you be well, may you be happy, may you be healthy, may you be loved.

How much to eat:
    advanced | How to train: bulletproof training | HRV: HRV FOR TRAINING HRV BASICS What Affects HRV | Brain  & Memory dual n back training advanced training

• in the articles about 40 years of zen they say one has to be as clean as possible.

The only article I found just mentions forgoing coffee. I am looking for more specific advice like supplementation, diet (keto vs. non-keto), and other strategies.   

• DManDMan Master of Arts ✭✭✭

well no coffe, no tea no caffeine for sure so don't supplement with it.

in the DIY 40 years of zen thread we discussed a few articles. maybe you will find some or info there.

That's all I can help you with.

May you be well, may you be happy, may you be healthy, may you be loved.

How much to eat:
    advanced | How to train: bulletproof training | HRV: HRV FOR TRAINING HRV BASICS What Affects HRV | Brain  & Memory dual n back training advanced training

• Having coffee (or anything else) is fine during neurofeedback - it trains relative change, so not much you have "on board" will affect it.  Some drugs will blunt or stop the process though (large amounts of benzos, opiates, some antianxiety drugs) and smoking chronic amounts of cannabis may also reduce effects, but otherwise it should have no effect.

You *do* need to be off caffeine for a QEEG, but not for the actual training sessions.

• Having coffee (or anything else) is fine during neurofeedback - it trains relative change, so not much you have "on board" will affect it.  Some drugs will blunt or stop the process though (large amounts of benzos, opiates, some antianxiety drugs) and smoking chronic amounts of cannabis may also reduce effects, but otherwise it should have no effect.

You *do* need to be off caffeine for a QEEG, but not for the actual training sessions.

my EEG device came today from brain trainer, afriad of opening it incase i do something that causes permanent brain damage

Watch my Stand Up Comedy Video online :)

Please Subscribe to my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQI92eERrCc

• my EEG device came today from brain trainer, afriad of opening it incase i do something that causes permanent brain damage

Don't spill coffee on it. ;-)

Karen is a great resource, be sure to do some tele-conf with her. If you have any other questions I'll try to help.