Bp Coffee & Tea Storage?

mistamista
edited October 2015 in Bulletproof Coffee

I'd like to pickup a couple nice jars for storing ~30g of matcha tea and ~12oz of coffee bean.

I'm looking at these two:

http://www.vitalitygoods.com/collections/products/1-liter-miron-vitality-apothecary-jar

http://www.vitalitygoods.com/collections/products/100ml-wide-twist-top-miron-vitality-glassware-jar

Although I'm not sure how much bean or matcha would fit into these jars, or if the apothecary design might be more prone to oxidation (not air tight?)  I could also use some jars for storing loose teas.  It looks like the lids on the screw-tops are polyethylene terephthalate and low-density polyethylene foam.

Any suggestions for coffee / tea storage?  Do you keep these around on the counter or in the refrigerator?

Comments

• SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭
    edited October 2015

AirScape canisters. I bought the one off of Upgraded Self, but you can pick up all different sizes, colors and designs on Amazon. For example

I'll admit those apothecary jars look quite nice, but I'm not sure how effective they'd be. Plus, I'd be worried about knocking them over while working in the kitchen. The AirScape canisters are aesthetically pleasing (to me, anyway) and are sturdy, too. And they keep my beans fresh. Haven't used tea in it, but I reckon it would be good for that as well.

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

Let's be friends on MyFitnessPal!

• AirScape canisters. I bought the one off of Upgraded Self, but you can pick up all different sizes, colors and designs on Amazon. For example

Very cool -- what size would work for storing a 12oz bag of coffee?  It looks like the 32oz might be too small and the 64oz much too large?  I'm a little hesitant to have a big piece of plastic / rubber pressing against the beans, but this is probably a non-issue as the materials are all food-safe.

• SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭

I think the 32oz canister might fit a 12oz bag pretty snugly. My 64-ouncer is roughly half-full with that much coffee in it. For me, the contact with plastic isn't a concern, but you could always leave just a tiny bit of room between the beans and the inner lid to strike a happy medium.

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

Let's be friends on MyFitnessPal!