So, Congestive Heart Failure?

SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭
edited October 2015 in General Discussion

Edit: I'm just going to edit this down to the relevant questions, lol. And while we're at it, please feel free to share materials related to overcoming anxiety and hypochondria.

Let's say that I, somehow, at 27 years old, ended up with Congestive Heart Failure (CHF).

What could I do about it? How could I manage it? Reverse it?

What do y'all know about CHF? Is it a situation like diabetes, where it can be reversed with a great diet, exercise and wise supplementation? Can the heart muscle get its mojo back once it's weakened? Even if symptoms improve, will it still kill you prematurely down the line? I've read accounts in a few places of total "cures" or "reversals" like we hear about for diabetes, but I guess I'm curious about the specifics from people who might actually know, and not just anonymous posters on random blogs.

Edit 2:

I started this thread because I was hyper-paranoid about CHF. Some long talks and assessments with a few nurses have pretty much resulted in a diagnosis of "You're not dying, Skeletor. Shut the hell up and get some compression stockings like the rest of us."

Someone needs to revoke my Google privileges. Googling symptoms and deciding "welp, it's terminal," never ceases to be a bad time.

Down the line, if I end up with a positive CHF diagnosis and I die, pls gather all of my posts into an ebook. I'd like for you guys to title it "Skeletor, As We Knew Him: The Lord of Snake Mountain and His Bio-Hacking Misadventures".

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

Let's be friends on MyFitnessPal!

Comments

• Ah, Skeletor!  I don't know anything and have nothing to offer you but my best wishes.  Sorry you are going through this.  Please update after you see the doctor. 

• SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭

Haha, thanks. Honestly, I think I just really, really worked myself up. It isn't the first time, and it's embarrassing. I spoke to a few nurses after the fact; they listened to my lungs, appraised the "swollen ankles" and were like , "no." The lack of any actual fluid sounds in there, the fact that exertion doesn't leave me gasping and some other factors mean the CHF is a negative. I think I got way overzealous with my characterization of the symptoms. I wish I could say it was the first time I worked myself up over nothing...

So, in summary, I could still conceivably be dying, but probably not from CHF. lol

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

Let's be friends on MyFitnessPal!

• Aww, you edited out the part about..."remember me as Skeletor of Snake Mountain, etc."....that was the best part!  lol

• Oh wait, it's still there....haha!

• Greg CarletGreg Carlet ✭✭
    edited October 2015
    I go to sleep most nights wondering if I am going to have a heart attack in my sleep, so you are not alone is your craziness. :smile:

I am 34, btw.

I think I stress myself out about stuff that is outside of my control, and that is what I need to work on instead of worrying about dying.

Basically, start enjoying life, enjoying every day, and make the most of every day.
  • John BrissonJohn Brisson The Legend Formerly Known as Ron Swanson ✭✭✭

Haha, thanks. Honestly, I think I just really, really worked myself up. It isn't the first time, and it's embarrassing. I spoke to a few nurses after the fact; they listened to my lungs, appraised the "swollen ankles" and were like , "no." The lack of any actual fluid sounds in there, the fact that exertion doesn't leave me gasping and some other factors mean the CHF is a negative. I think I got way overzealous with my characterization of the symptoms. I wish I could say it was the first time I worked myself up over nothing...

So, in summary, I could still conceivably be dying, but probably not from CHF. lol

Haha

Swollen ankles could be anything. Over exercising, being overweight, lyme disease!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone with CHF can live awhile just by fixing their gut, reducing CRP / HSCRP, proper circadian rhythm, proper diet, proper redox, Unfair Advantage, magnesium supplementation, etc.

My book Fix Your Gut, is offered on Amazon for $9.99.

I also offer coaching:  http://fixyourgut.com/health-coaching-information/

Please join or like the Fix your Gut Facebook. Also please add me on twitter @FixYourGutJB.

http://www.fixyourgut.com

• RekaReka ✭✭✭

Well, I don't think we will need to make that ebook for you ;-) but better safe than sorry.

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

• BrainSpankingNewsBrainSpankingNews Vitimus Maximus ✭✭
    Ok, so I'm just some guy on the internet, but I did it.

Both sides of my family history is rife with heart issues and stroke.

On my mother's side, my grandpa died of a heart attack after an earlier quadruple bypass, and both my gran and great gran had strokes.

On my father's side, my dad has had a heart attack and 3 angioplasties, my Grandfather had a bypass or two and my uncle (who's just a couple years older than me) also had a heart attack.

So, here's where my story comes in. I'm the opposite of a hypochondriac. I always chalked any symptom I had to being nothing to worry about. Until just after turning 40.

It built up slowly, so I didn't notice. I started to get clues that something was wrong and made mental ticks on each one (an INTJ thing).

F, Im not a big guy at about 140#. However, I couldn't go up a half-flight of stairs without feeling like I needed a rest. I was getting short chest pains on the left side, my left arm would tingle and ache and go cold and I would get highly anxious out of nowhere.

Did I put all these indicators together? Of course, then promptly forgot them once those episodes passed, because hey, that happens to other people. Not me.

So then, twice in one week, I got punched in the face with all these symptoms hitting me at once, in spades, as well as seeing the veins in my left arm collapse while the right side was larger than normal. My heart was pounding harder than I can ever remember and I was lying on the floor, calling for my wife.

I started deep breathing and calming myself until it passed. I avoided the hospital, but I wasnt kidding myself anymore. I found a highly rated doctor online and scheduled an appointment.

I went over everything with him and he said it was probably just anxiety. The had taken my blood pressure and it was super high (don't recall specifics). I fired him as I left his office. I got blood panels done and found my homocysteine was off the charts, indicating extreme systemic inflammation.

I started studying more than usual (INTJ thing again) and came across Linus Pauling's work on high-dose C and lysine. I read his theoretical thesis on the subject, checked out detractors and advocates and kept digging for more info.

Then, I happened upon the work of Thomas E. Levy. a cardiologist and lawyer who put it all together and prooved to me this was all 100% true and on track.

Finally convinced, I started taking about 40,000 mg of ascorbic acid and 20,000 mg of lysine per day. I was already eating BP at the time, so that didn't change.

After a few weeks, I could take the stairs without being winded and my arm stopped tingling. I could breath again and my blood pressure normalized. I felt 15 years younger. Retaking my blood panel, my homocysteine feel (still high but in the right direction) and now, 2- years later, I never get sick, rarely get winded, my blood pressure is normal, and I feel awesome...

But yeah, I can't prove it to you. I'm just a guy on the internets. Lol

I do suggest reading Stop America's #1 Killer, by Thomas E. Levy

Are you in need of a Bulletproof Diet coach??

coach-badge-blue-300x60.png

Antony Reed

Founder/Editor of BrainSpankingNews.com

Health, Science, and Liberation

Clear-out the contrary and embrace the uncomfortable!

• Dears:

I have heart failure too, but i'm not diagnose. First I recommend not intake liquid befor to bed. I mean coffe, tea, juice, etc...
    Thus I have avoid severe attacks. Also avoid salt intake.

With love.
    Good luck!!

• I'm a 39 year old female, diagnosed with CHF almost a year ago & w/ a ton of family history. I was always more concerned with the breast cancer that took my mother at age 49 than heart problems, so I was floored when I was diagnosed. I found this forum hoping to read more stories like mine, about worrying when I'm alone, or every little feeling that's new freaking me out. Or like right now, i have the flu and I've just found out how bad it can really be for me. I've honestly never contributed personally to anything online except for Facebook, but I decided to try this for some peace if mind. Does anyone else out there feel this way? I'm sure I'm not 100% crazy, but it'd be nice to have some proof.