Bp Coffee Not Making Me Full

Hey folks, happy to be among you guys! My first post here!

I have been trying to follow the Bulletproof Diet for a week now. And I have a significant problem.

I eat about 40-50 g (a big chunk) of butter with 2 normal spoons of MCT oil with coffee, as inscribed on the Bulletproof coffee package. And I feel hungry still, until I eat lunch at 12 pm or so.

At first it was making me full, but it is not making me full any more. I feel like I am still hungry after drinking the coffee.

My main sources of calories are avocados, butter and frozen fish products (all wild caught), dark chocolate and starches like rice, potato and pumpkin. I eat also a lot of vegetables and salad.

I get sugar only from the chocolate (which is %88 cacao), from apples I eat before sleeping and nothing else.

My only "sins" were to eat a very sugary sweet on Sunday evening (which is the only sugar and wheat I ate the whole week, and it is maximum 30-40 g) and I have 2 hrs of sleep deficit from the weekend, but that should not effect me this much. I feel like I am hungry, and connected to it, I am not focused enough.

Also, for the last two weeks, my legs are itching a lot, but nothing above my stomach.

What are your suggestions and remarks?

Comments

• WalterWalter ✭✭✭

Try some protein alongside your BPC (eggs would be perfect). Yes, it won't be BP IF anymore but it's not a necessity. BP IF is great if you feel great while doing it. 

• perhaps it's not really hunger...... you may "miss" eating, and that makes you think you're hungry. Takes a while to get over the hump. I've been doing BPC for a couple months, and I get hungry sometimes still.

One of things I did was bought a thermal travel mug, so I could prolong the consumption over the course of a couple hours.  The fat is what satiates you, after all. That definitely helped. 

• My thoughts were along the line of Walter's... But I was thinking of adding the collagen powder. I use 1-2 scoops every day... now and then I skip a day to get more ketosis into my life.

If not collagen powder or eggs... slow baked bacon, or some morning fish-eating?

• Eat fewer carbs.  If you're gonna except BPC to make you full it will be because it drops you into ketosis which supresses hunger.

Fruit, pumpkin etc. will kick you out of it.

--

Michael Stone

• add more butter and MCT oil until you're not. I've been up and down on amounts depending on how I'm feeling. Plus you need to remember what hungry feels like, might be, like mentioned, just not feeling full, but not actually hungry. I can eat all day, but haven't been what I call hungry in about 3 years.

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

• perhaps it's not really hunger...... you may "miss" eating, and that makes you think you're hungry. Takes a while to get over the hump. I've been doing BPC for a couple months, and I get hungry sometimes still.

One of things I did was bought a thermal travel mug, so I could prolong the consumption over the course of a couple hours.  The fat is what satiates you, after all. That definitely helped. 

^ this

Give it time.  I still feel hunger occasionally, but, never like a voracious appetite.  

My first cup was over a month ago and that day I genuinely felt zero hunger despite the free bagels at the office.

Remember, it's a cup of coffee.. the fact that you're saying that you're still hungry, as opposed to saying you're passing out from low blood sugar, should tip you off.  Plus if you add some more MCT oil, you'll be thankful for having a relatively empty gut.

• I am pretty sure it is hunger. I believe I have a calorie deficit.

I do not want to lose weight or so, the only reason why I drink it is to have a good breakfast, it is better than bread and cheese I guess. But it does not switch my brain on. I will try eggs and also bananas seperately and then write here again.

• You should definitely avoid bananas. I also agree that you probably aren't experiencing hunger you are experiencing low blood sugar, this to me felt like hunger my first few months on the bp diet until I realized I was over doing the rice and sweet potatoes at night which was causing me to wake up with low blood sugar and taking me longer to get into ketosis.

I would recommend trying the eggs but do not try the banana... tons of sugar you are just asking for trouble there if you are trying to burn fat as fuel.

• What kind of butter are you using?  Is it organic, unsalted, anitbiotic-free, and grass-fed?  Try Kerrygold - unsalted (silver package).  You can get it in almost any upper-scale grocery store.  

• I have just started drinking BPC and feel the same way. I use 2 tablespoons of anchor butter which states its made from grass fed cow milk and a teaspoon on brain octane. Take the BPC around 9 and by 12:30 I am starving. And then when I eat I get hungry in a few hours again.....don't know if that happens to anyone else. I have to say this is a bit different as I didn't feel this hungry before I started drinking BPC.....

• add more butter and MCT oil until you're not. I've been up and down on amounts depending on how I'm feeling. Plus you need to remember what hungry feels like, might be, like mentioned, just not feeling full, but not actually hungry. I can eat all day, but haven't been what I call hungry in about 3 years.

Fat makes a person full. At 12-13-14 o clock you will feel a hunger that is not satiated (is that a word?) with just fat, but you gotta get the meat, veggies is great, dave said 20-30 grams of carbs is no problem, chris kresser says you dont even need to be ketogenic, unless you wannna loose weight.

• I felt that same way and I did loads BP coffee for six months! I am grateful because it helped me lose twenty pounds. But the test of time showed that my body needed carbs in the morning, no matter how long I tried out this protocol. 

• Did your hunger issue resolve with time? I'm experiencing the same thing, I'm new to all this. I'm not trying to lose weight, but improve my health.

• Did your hunger issue resolve with time? I'm experiencing the same thing, I'm new to all this. I'm not trying to lose weight, but improve my health.

Assuming you are a female, I recommend taking some Collagen Powder with your bpc. If that doesn't help, try adding more MCT oil or butter. If you change one ingredient at a time, you might be able to narrow down the issue. Hack it!