Calories In Calories Out

So if calories in and calories out is not the deciding factor, how can I use this concept to gain weight instead of losing it?

I already force myself to eat more than I feel like eating and Im too skinny

Tagged:

Comments

• I'll check it out, thanks.   I've been tracking my calories lately and trying to keep some carbs in my diet.  If I don't eat 2800 calories a day (5' 8"- 142lbs) I basically lose weight... and it's a problem for me to even come by 2800 calories some days if I don't eat  non BP foods.  So I thought maybe since the bulletproof concept is kind of geared towards minimizing the weight gained per calorie,  how and what can I eat to maximize the amount of weight I gain per calorie I take in, instead of minimizing it ...basically I guess I need to know how to eat with the opposite goal from Asprey weight wise, but I don't want to end up with cancer and heart disease to do it

• dazdaz today is a good day ✭✭✭
    If you are lowish carb, increase carbs.

& ignore the cals from non-starchy veg...not worth counting.

fake it till you make it

• cool...I go with sweet potatoes, quinoa and rice for starchy carbs, any other good one's?  

• RekaReka ✭✭✭
    How can someone not eat many kcal on a high fat diet? Just a bpc is over 700, then you add some more fatty foods and you already multiplied it. Starches are good too but contain less than half the kcal

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

• How do you want to gain weight, muscle or fat? How much to you eat today?

Which Factors are Most Important for Strength Development? Find out on this episode with Black Belt Nutrition on Super Human Radio 

The 5 Best & Worst Supplements - A free insider report from Black Belt Nutrition

3 Steps to become a master Bio-Hacker - Part 1

• How can someone not eat many kcal on a high fat diet? Just a bpc is over 700, then you add some more fatty foods and you already multiplied it. Starches are good too but contain less than half the kcal

I'd echo this. I don't do keto so BPC is a great calorie bomb for me when needed. Throw a banana and sweet potato into a shake, utilize white rice for supper, etc.

"Men are more easily wooed by imagination then by science" - Will Durant

Instagram

• IDK... I use about 1 1/2 tbs of butter and oil each in my coffee and it comes to about 350 calories,  and when you add more foods you aren't multiplying anything, just to be accurate.  If I don't have time to make my own meals to take to work,  it's hard to find a bunch of healthy fat in the average restaurant.  Also even though fat has more kcal,  you're eating a couple tablespoons of fat (<250cal) at a serving as opposed to say two cups of rice (400cal).  

I don't really care whether I gain muscle or fat because fat never lives long on my body.  I can build muscle super fast but I just end up cannibalizing it as soon as my calories drop for a couple days.  It's weird that Im not hungrier,  but it's been this way since childhood.  I've managed to push through it a couple times but it's tough.

Hey Jason,  I checked out myfitnesspal and my food intake was as expected, but I do burn a crapload of calories daily.  I guess there is no mystery as to why Im not staying at my desired weight,  but I was hoping to find some helpful hints to add to the force feeding that hard gainers have to go through...

• usually 2 meals eating as much as possible and then another small one late to try to sneak in some more calories

• You might not have great luck gaining weight on a lower carb formula.  Try upping your carb refeed days.  You might find your appetite will spike upwards.

• How can someone not eat many kcal on a high fat diet? Just a bpc is over 700, then you add some more fatty foods and you already multiplied it. Starches are good too but contain less than half the kcal

Is BPC really over 700 kcal? In MFP it's listed as around 450. Just want to make sure I'm doing my caloric plan correctly :) thank you!

• depends what your recipe is, everyone does it differently.

Right! I see what you mean, people sometimes add an egg yolk, or cacao butter, collagen, etc.

But I guess plain 'ol basic BPC: 2.5 Tbsp upgraded coffee, 2 Tbsp Brain Octane, 2 Tbsp GF Butter and some stevia would be approximately at 458. BO @ 129 kcal per Tbsp and GF butter @ 100 kcal per Tbsp

Cool :) I just answered my own question haha!