Fasting

While at work and during a fasting period I don't wrestle against hunger but what I experience is my mouth desiring to eat (salivary gland activity).  Saliva is somewhat sweet tasting and I feel the need to get something to snack on (something crunchy from our snack machine) or some gum to chew on.  I am looking for some ideas that are in agreement with the Bulletproof Diet.

Comments

• While at work and during a fasting period I don't wrestle against hunger but what I experience is my mouth desiring to eat (salivary gland activity).  Saliva is somewhat sweet tasting and I feel the need to get something to snack on (something crunchy from our snack machine) or some gum to chew on.  I am looking for some ideas that are in agreement with the Bulletproof Diet.

Do you chew gum? I'm pretty new to Bulletproof myself, but I found that chewing gum made it worse. The motion of chewing triggers your body to start releasing digestive juices, which in turn makes you hungry (and can damage your stomach over time).

• I end up feeling the need to do something, and if I do chew gum it does not seem to help much. You have a good point. Carbonated water helps a little. It is just breaking the habit of getting food that I need to get over.
  • Coconut oil and butter, though if you're actually feeling really hungry maybe up your dinner size.  My experiences are that once you go low carb (BP is pretty low carb) cravings align pretty well with actual physical hunger.

Something to think about.