Chlamydia. Whats The Bulletproof Thing To Do?

Hello Bulletproofs,

Just got a text from a girl i'm seeing. She has Chlamydia. I have not had a chance to get a test and i'm hoping for the best but chances are i'm infected. I read a lot of bad things about antibiotics. But do I have any options?

What is bulletproof in this situation? 

Please don't respond use a condom

Thanks

Comments

• Shit happens.  Don't sweat it.  Go get a test ASAP and don't spread it to anyone else.  

Sometimes you cannot avoid antibiotics.  This is probably one of those times.

If there's even a chance, they are probably going to put you on an antibiotic - incubation, testing error, etc. - it's not worth the risk.  

I had something similar happen to me twice when I was in monogamous relationships - it was a few years apart.  Painful urination.  Yellow-ish discharge.  I broke-up with the first girlfriend (Cheater!).  And I accused the second one of cheating.  It turns out, it wasn't an STD, but a yeast infection.  I am one the rare males susceptible to that.  Regardless, the treatment was the same - a shot of penicillin in the ass.  

You may chose to go to someone other than your primary care physician.  There may be a clinic around you (e.g., Planned Parenthood) that is more discrete.  

Then you are going to have to work on getting your gut bacteria back in shape.  

• SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭
    edited October 2015

^^ I was planning a response like that one, basically.

Antibiotics aren't fun, they aren't optimal, but foregoing them doesn't make a whole lot of sense for an STD. Get tested, do what you need to do to knock out the infection and then rebuild. I don't know anything about you or about the girl you were with, but using condoms is kind of a given unless you're in a long-term monogamous relationship, IMO. If you aren't using them, I'd recommend you start, even though you don't wanna hear that.

Get tested ASAP, keep your rod clean, follow one of John Brisson's protocols after treatment to build up your gut and you'll be fine. Until Dave comes up with some comprehensive guide to "hacking" STI's, conventional medicine is the absolute best bet.

Lol. Imagine that. "I spent $250,000 of my own money banging skanks, contracting the worst STD's imaginable and hacking my leaky schlong so you don't have to." Somehow, I don't think we're ever going to get that book.

Good luck, OP, and I hope your test comes back clear.

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

Let's be friends on MyFitnessPal!

• sparefilmssparefilms Post-human Construct ✭✭✭

Lol. Imagine that. "I spent $250,000 of my own money banging skanks, contracting the worst STD's imaginable and hacking my leaky schlong so you don't have to." Somehow, I don't think we're ever going to get that book.

Skeletor, I believe that is Charlie Sheen's book you are referencing, "The Art of the Deal of the Rich Dad/Poor Dad's Hitchhiker's Guide to Some Bulletproof 4-Hour Winning: The Zeitgeist of the Secret: Chronicles of Quantum Consciousness - Your Astral Potential, 3rd Edition".

OP, antibiotics are a medical technology for a reason. Science is awesome like that.

• RekaReka ✭✭✭
    edited October 2015

Skeletor, I believe that is Charlie Sheen's book you are referencing, "The Art of the Deal of the Rich Dad/Poor Dad's Hitchhiker's Guide to Some Bulletproof 4-Hour Winning: The Zeitgeist of the Secret: Chronicles of Quantum Consciousness - Your Astral Potential, 3rd Edition".

OP, antibiotics are a medical technology for a reason. Science is awesome like that.

Condoms are also in use for several reasons. But IF he doesn't want to use either, this will be a recurring problem, with possibly more serious infections, because chlamydia is one of the milder ones. I don't think there is a way around either of these two "technologies".

OP, just get the test (not 100% that you have it) and if you have it, the treatment as soon as possible. For chlamydia the treatment is not a big deal, just one course of antibiotics. But if you don't want something worse later, then... you know what I mean, the thing you don't want to hear about, it prevents these things. Also get a re-test, if possible, to see if it's really gone. They denied me the re-test when I had this, but that's no surprise in this country.

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

• Shrug this one off as a learning curve and wrap up next time.. and be thankful you didn't get superaids.

Most people mention condoms in terms of protection against STD's.. but a little known side effect is they also protect against unplanned parenting. If you don't want a kid, use protection or don't have sex. That's the most unfair thing you can do to a little guy or little gal; bring them into life in an unstable environment.

And clean your room, son, you're grounded.

"Men are more easily wooed by imagination then by science" - Will Durant

Instagram

• GhastlyPrezGhastlyPrez Ghastly Prezence

Get tested, and if positive this is likely going to be one of the situations where priobiotics is necessary. Good luck mate.