Stevia/grass-Finished/collagen Protein ?s

I have a few questions for the veterans of the BP way of life. I'm trying to do the intermittent fasting to lose weight, but even more importantly, I need the energy and clarity the diet will provide. I work nights so my schedule tends to be crazy. If it's my first day back to work I may have slept up to 15+ hours before getting up for work  (keep in mind I said I needed energy!). So, when I wake up I'm very hungry and just 2 meals over 12+hrs after fasting for so long doesn't seem like enough. Is it ok to add a snack or another meal? I can't always eat a a big meal at one sitting.

Also, sometimes, before I'm ready for my coffee I want some hot or iced tea with stevia and, if iced, w/ lemon as well. Does adding stevia break my fast?  Dave recommends adding collagen protein to the coffee if you're over forty and have a lot of weight to lose. I fit that profile at 42yrs old and ideally about 50# to lose. However, I'm pretty sure this would break my fast and stall my weight loss. 

One last question. Dave recommends not only grass-fed, but grass-finished meats. However, I've yet to find anything that indicates an item is any more than grass-fed. I don't want to pay for grass-fed if it's not grass-finished, as there are no benefits if it's not grass-finished. Thanks in advance for your help! Any advice on willpower would also be appreciated!

Tagged:

Comments

• RekaReka ✭✭✭

Hi. If you need to eat more frequently just add a meal or a snack. Fasting helps to lose because you probably eat less if you fast. But if you eat smaller meals you still lose. (And you can gain while intermittent fasting by overeating in the eating window. So fasting in itself is not a guarantee to anything.)

For willpower, take small steps, one at a time, and stick to them, and try to change things that are not that very stressful or difficult but can bring you great results. Don't try to change many things at once. You have enough to deal with, and added stress and tiredness and hunger depletes willpower.

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

• I've also been having trouble finding grass-fed and grass-finished beef. However, the grass-fed beef I have been eating is grain finished for about 30 days. According to Dave, in The Bulletproof Diet, grain finishing starts to screw up the nutrient balance on day one, but doesn't completely destroy the good until about 80 days, if memory serves. So, I go with what I can find. I think grass-fed mostly and grain-finished, for a month, is better than full-on feed lot beef any day. And it still has a serious taste difference.

Good luck.