Meir Schneider Vs. Jake Steiner - Who Is Right On Fixing Myopia?

edited October 2015 in General Discussion

Meir Schneider "Yoga for your eyes" is recommended by Dave for vision improvement, but there is another, quite convincing website which claims the Bates Method, on which Meir Schneider's advice is based, is NOT the right way:

http://endmyopia.org/bates-method-no-glasses-vs-glasses-the-blur-horizon/

What do you think about Jake Steiner and his http://endmyopia.org/ website and program?

Is he right, and Dave/Meir/Bates are wrong?

Anybody experienced success/failure with either Meir Schneider and/or Jake Steiner methods? I have a hard time deciding which route to follow, and because it takes years to see results, I'd better choose the right one right away, and not waste years following a protocol which doesn't work.

Comments

• dazdaz today is a good day ✭✭✭
    edited November 2015

cant answer specifically...but a comment to bump this thread...

the small amount of info i know on the Bates method, seems to be based around relaxing the eye muscles...returning the muscles to their non-tensed state. 

but what perplexes me a bit on this, wouldn't ~8hrs of sleep every day achieve the same thing.

surely(?) these eye muscles could not remain tensed thru the night while sleeping (could they?). 

fake it till you make it

• cant answer specifically...but a comment to bump this thread...

the small amount of info i know on the Bates method, seems to be based around relaxing the eye muscles...returning the muscles to their non-tensed state. 

but what perplexes me a bit on this, wouldn't ~8hrs of sleep every day achieve the same thing.

surely(?) these eye muscles could not remain tensed thru the night while sleeping (could they?).

Sleep does not necessarely relax muscles. Personal experience with my arms becoming numb during sleep. Reason was very tense muscles in the neck and back of head. Only Feldenkrais training helped, where relaxation is learned.

Regarding miopia (I have it): surprisingly, craniosacral treatment changed my vision so much that I could not use my glasses for ~2 weeks. So visual distortion is also related to drainage of limphatic stuff around the eyes.
  • I've had some success with Meir Schneider's program. I don't do the exercises frequently enough to improve vision much but I have been able to maintain the same prescription for about 6 years. That's a big achievement to me because prior to doing these exercises, my vision was worsening at an alarming rate. So much so that the optometrist wanted me to see an ophthalmologist (I had dropped a full point in ~6 months). 

My personal blog : healthbydiet.net

• I am going to get Bionic Lenses and I am going to get Mexico to pay for it.

• TDCAudioTDCAudio
    edited November 2015

yogic vision improvement that I've checked out uses the same concepts that we use to keep all of our other muscles toned.  Is there not atrophy involved in most vision loss?

I think it depends on the reasons for your vision loss.  I broke a few major bones recently at the age of 40 (when most peoples vision starts to go anyways) and during my recovery my vision deteriorated from pretty good to not being able to read any labels on my meds.  I concentrated on fixing nutrient deficiencies and worked really hard to read everything that was difficult, at the distance that was mildy blurry so not to overstress the muscles,  and within a year my vision was back to no need of any magnifying glasses.  

I feel like my injuries exacerbated the normal decline of vision and I took the approach of LOW STRESS workouts for my vision,  the yogic things Ive seen involve reading just at the extreme where you begin to have difficulty.  Another other cool thing they mention is to put your arm straight out,  and alternate between focusing on your thumb and focusing on the horizon for 30 seconds...which feels really good and seems to increase the flexibility of your eye muscles...it actually feels really relaxing which may play into Meir's approach