Is Chia Bulletproof?

edited October 2015 in The Bulletproof Diet

The topic asks it all.  Is chia considered suitable for the BP diet?

Tagged:

Comments

• Well, I did some homework, reading up on chia.  Based on my reading and my understanding of principles, I would have to guess that, yeah, chia is Bulletproof.  (Feel free to chime in, Dave!)

Chia is not a grain, but rather is a member of the mint family.  The seeds are relatively rich in fat, protein, minerals, and anti-oxidants. The unsaturated portion of the fat content is mostly omega-3 and omega-6, with the largest proportion being omega-3. The vast bulk of the carb content is dietary fiber. I can't find anything wrong with all of that!

Moreover, chia seeds expand quite a bit when soaked in water, and they form a mucilaginous gel on their outer surface when soaked. This makes them useful for many recipes like puddings and beverages.

• I hope they're bulletproof because I sometimes snack on mercola cocoa cassava bars and they're full of chia seeds.
  • in the Gut Balance Revolution , Dr Mullin lists them a superfood, so he recommends it , and he has been on the bulletproof radio....so we have another supporter

• Would eating Chia pudding (unsweetened) for breakfast cause an insulin reaction?