Sleep Walking

My girlfriend is a vegetarian and has been for years. I've given up trying to convert her over to eating meat, hse does eat fish so I make sure she gets the best I can get. I do cook EVERYTHING with Kerrygold butter or coconut oil. She's very skinny and has been a yoga/dance instructor at Gold's Gym for years. My question is how can I start to assist her with her sleep. She gets home from work, she's a high school teacher, whereas my job is very stressful for me but I've spent the last year working on being able to turn on happy all the time. I feel that if I can start her to eat more healthy fats then she should without a doubt feel better. I started the bulletproof diet, especially the coffee, just two months ago. In those two months I've lost 30 pounds and wake up craving the coffee. I follow everything in the diet almost to the exact letter. I've even been able to get her daughter to follow the diet kinda and she's become much more relaxed and calm. I have the emwave 2 and an earthing mat as well. Having those has made her daughter feel like using them is a game and we have a lot of fun. My biggest question is how can one help one they love to become the person they need/want to be. This is a long question but we just found out today that my girlfriend got accepted into a doctoral program and I know she's going to be stressed even more and I'm already starting to think of ways in which she can do simple things to assist her in being a better her.

Thanks,

Erick...

Comments

• Jason HooperJason Hooper ✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Erick, my wife is not too keen on the diet either. It has an even bigger impact on me because we are trying to have children. I have decided to just make her Bulletproof food when I can and that will be better than nothing. Investing too much into "converting" her costs too much. I believe that it is more oxidizing than overcooking your grass fed steak.

When I see my wife eating a bowl of cereal, it bothers me. I simply take some deep breaths and try to "return to neutral." Once there, I apply my heart feeling of gratitude. I then think my issue like it is someone else's problem and look at it objectively. It kind of puts it into perspective. Try it.
  • Jason,

That's pretty much what I've been trying to do. Anything that needs to be cooked is done with Kerrygold and only Kerrygold! I buy it like a crazy person. As for everythign else I try to cook her food as bulletproof as possible. Thanks for the advice!!!

Erick...
  • RodRod The Rodfather
    Hey,

So, for me, understanding the basics is a big deal. I don't believe she is scared of what she's doing to herself. Have you done any blood work? If she saw what her current status is, maybe that will help her push. We are all fear driven, just scare her a bit lol no joke.

Everything I learned about "biohacking" has been baby steps to "circadian biology", that's where the real biohacking comes in. You can buy a bunch of cool shit to "hack" but if you don't have context, you're not winning. Paleo is just a brand now and too many have opinions, it's on you to read and reread the material to not only find truth but to connect the dots. Much love to everyone who has helped me on my journey for restoring my health, please keep in touch. Feel free to message me with health questions [email protected]