Cleaning Heavy-Use Bulletproof Travel Mugs

Hey guys! First post here I searched and couldn't find anything on this. I have 3 travel mugs I rotate for my BP coffee and all of them have taken on a "smell" and greasyness from the butter/oil combo. They're not especially easy to clean/keep clean. Anyone have any good tricks to counteract this?

Thanks!

Adam

Comments

• I use a dishwasher for mine.  It comes out like new.

• SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭

This happens with my thermoses. I'd recommend throwing a tablespoon or so of dishwasher detergent into the thing and then filling it nearly to the top with boiling hot water. Seal it, give it a few shakes if you can, and then let it sit overnight on the counter. By the time you go to rinse it out, you won't recognize it.

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

Let's be friends on MyFitnessPal!

• Thanks guys, yeah I forgot to mention I don't have a dishwasher so looking for other things that might work. I've had some luck with denture cleaning tablets for high-use water bottles, might give that a shot as well.

Best,

Adam

• @Adam said:
    Hey guys! First post here I searched and couldn't find anything on this. I have 3 travel mugs I rotate for my BP coffee and all of them have taken on a "smell" and greasyness from the butter/oil combo. They're not especially easy to clean/keep clean. Anyone have any good tricks to counteract this?

Thanks!

Adam

Dude, most people use a dishwasher for this, because it will wash your mugs very quickly, but the problem is that the dishwasher itself is often dirty too and therefore you need to use cleaning products to clean it too. But be careful, as cheap dishwasher detergents can quickly ruin it. If you want to find more about high-quality detergents for a good price, then look for information on the site. Good luck buddy.