Brain Fog And Irregular Heart Beat

2»

Comments

• Got my new test results.  Not good.

Cholesterol: 185 (up from 136)

Tri: 467 (up from 276), YIKES!!

HDL: 32 (up from 29)

LDL: 75 (up from 52)

That's about 5 1/2 weeks on bulletproof coffee, cutting sugar and gluten, eating lots of veggies, grass fed beef, lots of grass fed butter, supplementing with magnesium, glutathione, salt.  I have not gone total bulletproof but where I go off is when I return to my more normal habits.  These are the ones that helped me lose some weight before and got my TG down to 276.  Eating mostly veggie lunches (though not bulletproof veggies), regular breakfasts once a week with my normal coffee (stevia and creamer).  

My first adjustment is to eliminate the Brain Octane.  I usually have it with coffee and take another table spoon in the evening.  A couple nights ago, I woke up early in the morning to go pee and had a hard time getting back to sleep because my heart was pounding.  Decided it was time to make an adjustment.  BO is first to go.  Butter will be next if I don't feel a difference with the BO.

I am happy with my physique though and hate to go off my current path other than the TG.  I've lost a total of 8 lbs, mostly waist line, and don't see any muscle loss as I did when I went veggie, no-oil a few years ago.  But stamina is an issue still, can't really run or do anything strenuous without heart throbs and getting lightheaded.

• RekaReka ✭✭✭

Don't cholesterol and trigs rise when someone loses fat? Surely when you mobilize body fat more of it is moving around in the bloodstream.

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

• I don't know about that but I've only lost 7-8 lbs in 5-6 weeks.  I lost nearly 20 lbs in 10 weeks one time and didn't have the TG problem.  I think it's either the butter or the Brain Octane and I'm leaning toward blaming it on the butter.  I haven't had BO oil for about a week and I haven't felt any significant reduction in the heart pounding and lightheaded feelings, but it might be slightly better.  I will probably take a month or so for my blood to adjust back.

I am back to feeling a need for a pick me up coffee through out the day, I have heavy eyes, and don't have the same energy and happy disposition while I was on BP coffee.  Bummer.  I'm leaning toward going back to the BO oil in the coffee and cut out the butter.  I've read where butter can elevate TG levels and nowhere did I read that MCT oil would.  I read a bunch of articles and that said MCT oil should reduce TG.

I'm bummed.  I thought I was heading in the right direction.  Why can't I have the energy, the attitude, and the body sculpting without the high TG and WITH the ability to exercise?  Does anyone think my body just needs more time to adjust?  Is there a supplement I should avoid or should I cut something since I'm prone to high TG?  My doctor is fairly traditional and doesn't know what to do.

• @laxman - your regular updates were helpful for me, reading how you experienced the BP diet. I'm doing better than you are, but I do experience the hard rate problems. Can you give us an update again, se how the last 3 months worked for you?

• Have you had any improvements buddy? I'm on the same boat and it's horrible!