Newbie Questions

Hi All,

I am brand new to the Bulletproof diet.  I am currently battling a candida overgrowth and a few parasites I picked up while living in South America.  I now live in Florida and have easy access to Bulletproof products!  I tend to find myself craving sugar often and I tend to binge specifically at night either on fruits, granola, chocolate, trail mix, or nut butters. I also tend to be a stress eater.  I am hoping that the Bulletproof diet will help me remain satisfied during the day so that I don't play catch up at night.  My main issue with the bulletproof diet is that I am not a red meat eater mainly due to ethical reasons, I do consume fish and chicken however.  

Does anyone that follows this diet not eat red meat?  I am trying to figure out what an ideal day of eating would look like on the bulletproof diet for someone that does not consume red meat.  

Does anyone have any experience with binge eating or candida and the bulletproof diet?

In regards to BP intermittent fasting.  To those who do it, how often do you do it?  Is it only for one day or for multiple days in a row?

Lastly, is the Bulletproof diet typically considered a breakfast in itself?  Or is it recommended to eat a protein breakfast in addition to the coffee?

Thanks in advance!

Kate

Comments

• ACH85ACH85 ✭✭
    edited November 2015

1. Does anyone that follows this diet not eat red meat?  I am trying to figure out what an ideal day of eating would look like on the bulletproof diet for someone that does not consume red meat.  

2. Does anyone have any experience with binge eating or candida and the bulletproof diet?

3 .In regards to BP intermittent fasting.  To those who do it, how often do you do it?  Is it only for one day or for multiple days in a row?

4. Lastly, is the Bulletproof diet typically considered a breakfast in itself?  Or is it recommended to eat a protein breakfast in addition to the coffee?

Thanks in advance!

Kate

1. Just eat as high on the protein column of the BP Diet Roadmap as possible. You can also refer to this article: Can Vegetarians eat the Bulletproof Diet? Not that you're a vegetarian, but the concerns about omega-3's etc. are worth paying attention to. Eat plenty of high-end eggs.

2. I do not have experience with binge eating or candida, others around here do. If they don't post here, do some advanced searches. You can also check out FixYourGut.com which is run by John Brisson who is also a member here. He has some candida and parasite protocols. Hopefully craving sugary things will pass as your body gets more metabolically flexible (burning fat for fuel.) When I first went low carb (though I am not anymore) I had crazy sugar cravings for a few weeks. It went away once my body adapted. Even on the BP diet, you should eat when hungry, but recognize the difference between actually being hungry and other reasons for eating. 

3. I don't do strict intermittent fasting, I do BPIF with bulletproof coffee in place of breakfast most days. Some people do better on this than others, some run out of energy if they do it too many days in a row. It does stress the body somewhat, but also comes with other benefits. As Dave wrote in his BP Diet Hacks for Women article, most women require more non-IF days than most men. But it's individual. 

4. I think you mean "is the bulletproof COFFEE considered a breakfast in itself..." Yes, the idea is that you replace your breakfast with bulletproof coffee to get most of the benefits of intermittent fasting, while providing yourself energy from fats so it's less stressful than just not eating until lunch. See the top right corner of the Roadmap I linked earlier. Simple Bulletproof diet has breakfast, Bulletproof Intermittent Fasting has bulletproof coffee in place of breakfast. For various reasons you might make a hybrid, adding collagen protein to the coffee or having meat or eggs with it. Just don't add carbs. A couple grams of carbs in some dark chocolate or the fiber from veggies is fine, but past that and you'll be running on carbs, not fat, and potentially storing all the fat from the coffee. Adding protein in the morning may actually make you hungry sooner.