Comments

• blueberries aren't a superfood for weightless potential,  the article  didnt even mention the compounds that enhance brain function. I can't remember the name of the compound but blueberries contain a specific antioxidant that is one of the most effective protectors against neural deterioration.  I've never experienced any of the drawbacks to quinoa they mention,  nor has anybody Ive spoken to.  Nobody who studies nutrition thinks coconut water is a superfood.  Acai berries are packed with amazing stuff and none of them are geared towards weight loss, which is the only angle they refute from.  Goji berries are touted for their hormone balancing properties not their nutritional content.  Also, they say how many more antioxidants that apples contain than goji berries,  but then they don't consider the antioxidants they mention in all the other foods to be beneficial???

Im all for second guessing everything, but this article is so far off the mark and it really seems like it is meant to give content as opposed to wisdom

• SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭

Interesting. Some "superfoods" I've never heard of in there. Thanks for posting it. Will have to look into them. Those sacha inchi seeds might be cool.

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

Let's be friends on MyFitnessPal!

• WalterWalter ✭✭✭

Yeah sure, many foods have above average nutrition. If that's 'super' then it's a super food.

• yeah Im with you on that,  the word 'super' can definitely be debated...but this article misleads people into thinking that these foods either don't work or are even harmful.  The author just wants to be a contrarian to get clicks