Does Anybody Know Anything About "the New Tantra"?

Has anyone heard about, and has some thoughts about people/organization/trainers which call themselves "The New Tantra"?

I came upon this tantra retreat in Bali: http://thenewtantra.com/calendar/bali-sexual-de-conditioning-level-1-2

Anyone been on any retreats organized by these people, or know anyone who has been?

What they write sounds nice, but I want to know is there anything they are not telling on their website? Like if they don't wrap it up in too much semi-religious stuff, or some pseudo-scientific bullshit with which most Bulletproof Forum members wouldn't want to have much to do with?

Just want to find out more what I am getting into before I spend several hundred Euros on this quite expensive retreat.

Comments

• I don't know these specific people -- I'm stateside. But....The sexual stuff that tantra claims (20 minute orgasm or whatever) is real. Not everyone achieves it, but it can be reached by many people if you work on the practices. I don't know whether it actually improves your health though. It didn't for me, but your mileage may vary.

My opinion: It's dangerous stuff to play around with if you aren't ready and willing to do a lot of emotional work on yourself, and to work with a teacher who you trust. So do your research, and find someone who knows them and can vouch for them. Do a Google search on "kundalini syndrome" and you can find info on people who've had rough side-effects. If you're seriously interested in spiritual exploration and growth, go for it. If you are just looking to spice up your sex life, buy a book of positions or something instead.

There are tons of tantra teachers everywhere, by the way. No need to travel to Bali to study with one, unless you wanted to go to Bali anyway. 

•  

Anyone been on any retreats organized by these people, or know anyone who has been?

What they write sounds nice, but I want to know is there anything they are not telling on their website? Like if they don't wrap it up in too much semi-religious stuff, or some pseudo-scientific bullshit with which most Bulletproof Forum members wouldn't want to have much to do with?

I haven't been to their events but quite a few people in my social circles have been and I know a couple of their bodyworkers. I'd describe them as dropping quite a bit of the semi-religious stuff from Tantra, and supercharging forward with the remaining practices.

On one hand TNT does seem to take the potent physical & visualisation parts of Tantra, i.e. it is significantly more condensed/intense (and that has me personally interested).

On the other hand, I've heard too many stories that they blast through a lot of limitations you might have. This can be for good if you have something to heal/grow there and you are good at going well beyond your comfort level. And I fear that it can be pretty damaging psychological (and in terms of Kundalini syndrome: energetically) if you are not good at holding your own.

Keep in mind that we're talking about intense sexual practices, and strong emotional effects are very likely. And they explicitly do not hold to your limits, that is up to you. I have done quite a bit of intense self development work, comfortable to go well outside my comfort zone, and I've gotten advise of a couple of my friends to not go there.

If you are not used to intense (sexual) emotional work, I would advise try a more traditional tantra massage first, or try their level 1 first (that is just clothed). They do those events in The Netherlands and Norway often too, if that is easier for you to travel to.

• Hello,

I know the teacher very well.

DO NOT PARTICIPATE.

The teacher is a sexual predator.
    His real name is Sanford Perret, originally from Australia.

Who has abused many of his students and his own team members.
    People have wittnessed abuse (emotional,mental, physical) and rape during the workshops.

He does not follow the rules himself. Eg he should not have sex with his own students. Like he mentions in his website.

Alex needs copious amounts of weed, in order to pull through his workshops.

All the team members are imbalanced/ from unstable backgrounds. As well as the team members have exploded their children to their devious sexual activities. And hides alex’s shocking behavior to outsiders.

Just like the main teacher alex wartman.
    The body workers merely give you a hand job.... ;)
    Call it tantra- or just plain sex work.

Existing older members of TNT are more like swingers. Have no glue about true spirituality.
    Alex created a business model, in which his tantra/sex club ;)
    Funds his lavish lifestyle and expensive cars etc. in several countries.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file