Fettuccine Alfredo!

I found a recipe on Pinterest that used cauliflower to make a creamy Alfredo sauce, and I knew I had to try to bulletproof it! I was really pleased with how creamy and delicious this turned out. The only thing this was missing was a suitable protein source - any suggestions there would be greatly appreciated!! I will definitely be making this again!!

Ingredients:

1 lb. 100% Rice Fettuccine

2 smallish heads of organic cauliflower chopped

1 carton (4 cups) organic vegetable broth

6 cloves organic garlic

6 Tbls. Organic grass fed butter

2 tsp. pink Himalayan salt

A good handful fresh organic basil torn or rough chopped

Directions:

In a large sauté pan, bring broth to a boil. Add cauliflower and simmer for about 10-15 minutes until cauliflower is very tender. In a separate pot, boil pasta according to package directions. In a small pan sauté the garlic in 2 Tbls. of butter until slightly golden and fragrant. When cauliflower is tender, transfer in batches to a blender and purée with the sautéed garlic and salt until very smooth (around 5 minutes in a regular blender) adding 2-3 cups of the remaining broth to keep the sauce flowing. Once smooth, transfer the sauce back to the large sauté pan and heat on low. Add remaining butter and basil and stir until butter is melted and flavors combined. Once pasta is done drain and rinse before tossing into the sauce. Toss in steamed broccoli, spinach, or any other veggie that makes you happy!

Comments