High Cholesterol

Hi my wife follows the BP diet. Her had blood tests show high bad cholesterol as well as high good cholesterol.

What should she eat or what supplements should she take to lower the bad cholesterol?

Comments

• DManDMan Master of Arts ✭✭✭

I don't know if it's LDL c or LDL p or LDL in general you are talking about but maybe she is sensitive to the saturated fat which means less butter and coconut oil and more olive oil instead. Also some member have great results with regular medium intensity exercise like stronglifts 5x5.

May you be well, may you be happy, may you be healthy, may you be loved.

How much to eat:
    advanced | How to train: bulletproof training | HRV: HRV FOR TRAINING HRV BASICS What Affects HRV | Brain  & Memory dual n back training advanced training

• Thanks for your reply. We roast vegetables with coconut oil. Is there an alternative to cook with instead of coconut oil?
  • DManDMan Master of Arts ✭✭✭

most bulletproof would be steamed veggies and cooked and raw depending on what kind of veggies. many paleos like kresser and paleomom say it's good to use olive oil too but I will probably get some people yelling at me saying it is not very bulletproof to do that. :)

May you be well, may you be happy, may you be healthy, may you be loved.

How much to eat:
    advanced | How to train: bulletproof training | HRV: HRV FOR TRAINING HRV BASICS What Affects HRV | Brain  & Memory dual n back training advanced training

• Paper coffee filters (like Chemex's or AirPress's) rather than metal screens of a French Press may help.  Apparently, they filter out something that can facilitate the rise in cholesterol.  

Search the site.

• I would look at her triglycerides and her ratios before getting nervous about a high "good" or "bad" cholesterol. Might be a good idea to get a full panel to get those numbers. I use wellnessfx to get my labs.

• I would look at her triglycerides and her ratios before getting nervous about a high "good" or "bad" cholesterol. Might be a good idea to get a full panel to get those numbers. I use wellnessfx to get my labs.

Agree.

Even as a professional triathlete I had borderline high cholesterol but rock bottom triglycerides and mid range HBA1C.

Cholesterol itself is not the bad boy - it is just when it gets oxidised and 'sticky'

Cholesterol is a precursor molecule to all the steroid hormones synthesised in the body.

Worth taking into account family history. CRP and Homocysteine levels.

Increasing Dietary fibre may help and agree re HIT and Strength training. 

CMO. www.curoseven.com