Pork Tenderloin

So I'm going to a pre-Thanksgiving dinner where they'll be serving pork tenderloin. I understand that pork is one of those meats one should especially avoid, especially because it won't be organic, pasture raised, etc but very tempted especially as there won't be much else to eat other than a salad. Should I definitely avoid where do you think it would be fine to let myself indulge this one time?

Comments

• feeling isolated is probably worse for you than the pork.. take part and enjoy this isn't an everyday thing. also at least tenderloin is very lean so you aren't subject to much "bad" fat. dave recommends getting a filet if your not eating grassfed.

• SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭

So I'm going to a pre-Thanksgiving dinner where they'll be serving pork tenderloin.

I would recommend that you instead cut all ties with whoever invited you to this dinner. Anyone who would serve pork loin is not deserving of your friendship.

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

Let's be friends on MyFitnessPal!

• Eat it only if its stuffed with onions and mushrooms, wrapped in bacon...

giphy.gif

Make, [then,] thyself to grow to the same stature as the Greatness which transcends all measure; leap forth from every body; transcend all Time; become Eternity; and [thus] shalt thou know God. Conceiving nothing is impossible unto thyself, think thyself deathless and able to know all,—all arts, all sciences, the way of every life.  – Corpus Hermeticum XI “The Mind of Hermes”