Anyone Seen Grass Fed Coffee In A Can?

edited November 2015 in General Discussion

My girlfriend saw this ad on Facebook and sent over a link. https://www.facebook.com/Grassfedcoffee/

Wonder how it would be, all sediment? Figured Dave would be all over this market if they could make it properly.

Comments

• SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭

Whoa, nice find. Very interesting. I wonder how they'll keep it from separating. They have a Kickstarter coming up.

Also hope that those cans aren't lined in BPA or some kind of plastic, since MCTs eat through many types of plastic...

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

Let's be friends on MyFitnessPal!

• giant_elephant_dance_party-66878.gif

Make, [then,] thyself to grow to the same stature as the Greatness which transcends all measure; leap forth from every body; transcend all Time; become Eternity; and [thus] shalt thou know God. Conceiving nothing is impossible unto thyself, think thyself deathless and able to know all,—all arts, all sciences, the way of every life.  – Corpus Hermeticum XI “The Mind of Hermes”

• sparefilmssparefilms Post-human Construct ✭✭✭

Ooooh snap! Looks like Dave got bum-rushed to market! Can we expect Upgradedâ„¢ Grass-fed Bulletproofâ„¢ Coffee In An Upgradedâ„¢ Bulletproofâ„¢ Re-Branded Contigo Mug? $19.00 per serving?

• steve001steve001
    edited November 2015

Not again :oops: Bulletproof marketing fail.

• edited December 2015

Hey guys!

I'm John "Sonic" Ban, founder of Grass Fed Coffee. I really appreciate your interest!

It's been a long tough road developing this. Early on, I took a prototype of Grass Fed Coffee to a friend who drank Bulletproof Coffee on a regular basis; after tasting my Grass Fed Coffee prototype he invested to help get this started. That was 14 months ago. The final versions exceeded all of our expectations. The taste is unbelievable and actually better than what I make at home. I can't wait to share it with everyone!

I have to give major props to Dave Asprey (the OG and pioneer) for developing Bulletproof Coffee. I would've never known about this life changing beverage without him. I would've thought he'd developed a ready to drink Bulletproof Coffee by now, but I imagine he's super busy developing other new products and his Bulletproof Coffee shops. 

I really wish I could've worked with him on developing Grass Fed Coffee, but I had no way of getting in contact with him. Hopefully, he'll love Grass Fed Coffee.

We are currently on Kickstarter trying to raise the last amount of funding for full production. But just as important, try to get tons of backers on Kickstarter to prove to retailers that we're not crazy and that people actually love & want butter coffee in retail stores. Feel free to share our kickstarter with friends, family, and fellow butter coffee drinkers. Here is the link to our Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1431509519/introducing-the-worlds-first-ready-to-drink-butter

Thanks again! Also, if any of you live in the Los Angeles area, I would love to have you guys out to our Launch event if we can succeed on Kickstarter. Feel free to email me to RSVP:  [email protected]

• WalterWalter ✭✭✭

Good luck John!

Hope you'll expand to Europe some day.  B)

Finally a Kickstarter in my price range!! Marketing jokes aside, let's do this! 

John Sonic, is it a must-keep-refrigerated beverage that would be negatively impacted if shipped or stored at room temperature?

• edited December 2015

Finally a Kickstarter in my price range!! Marketing jokes aside, let's do this! 

John Sonic, is it a must-keep-refrigerated beverage that would be negatively impacted if shipped or stored at room temperature?

Hey thanks for your interest. Grass fed Coffee will be fully shelf stable and will not be impacted by being stored at room temps, but we recommend drinking it after refrigeration. It tastes really good chilled. IF we can build enough support on Kickstarter, then we can prove to Retailers that people actually want this product. So feel free to let any other butter coffee/bulletproof drinkers know about our Kickstarter campaign. Thanks again for your support. 

• Hey guys! 

It's Sonic from Grass Fed Coffee. Many friends thought I was crazy for thinking that people would want a Ready to Drink Butter Coffee. So, I just want to thank all of you that supported my KICKSTARTER campaign! I'm happy to say that we are now 552% Funded with over 1000 backers! We were able to raise $82,881 and still have 1 more day left. If any of you haven't pre-ordered, you still have time to save up to 40% off retail depending on the tier that you select.

Here is the link if anybody wants to try out Grass Fed Coffee

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1431509519/introducing-the-worlds-first-ready-to-drink-butter

Again, Thanks so much for your support and encouragement! I hope to have Grass Fed Coffee on shelves near you soon! If you have any questions feel free to ask. Also, if any of you would like to attend our Launch party in Los Angeles (sometime in the Spring), just shoot me an email: [email protected]<script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

Take care and stay Bulletproof!

-Sonic

P.S. We just got back our Mycotoxin test results for Grass Fed Coffee. We are 100% Mycotoxin Free!

• oh yeah, thanks for the reminder! i meant to order when you first posted and never got around to it. mycotoxin free huh? dave hasn't trademarked that yet?! 

but yeah, totally feelin Jason's comment above. the bulletproof brand seems to really be going downhill, hopefully they find some way to redeem themselves. pulling their stuff from Thrive Market, along with releasing a lot of the silly overpriced products they've done lately, just seems like a sinking ship. The blog and podcast content seems to be going downhill a bit too, more clickbait-ey articles, the podcast is just regurgitating the same info with different yes-men and the occasional woowoo novelty.  What's Dave going to do when more and more brands are giving a nod to mycotoxins in coffee? What if they start releasing lab reports?

What's Dave going to do when more and more brands are giving a nod to mycotoxins in coffee? What if they start releasing lab reports?

That's because the Barons of Premo Coffee Beans figured that one out decades and decades ago. They invented the wet process, so levels are already low, and the only likely source of contamination is humidity/moisture during shipment. Small batch roasters in the U.S. already use the same level of standards that Europe does, and the only real risk of mycotoxin exposure in the U.S. is with mass-produced commercial coffee that the discerning Bulletproofer would never touch. 

That aside, I would LOVE to see COAs for mycotoxin testing from any brand that does those tests! *cough*Bulletproof*cough* Then we can finally put this to rest. A certain Company-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named already supplies their testing data if you request it. I'm excited to see Grass Fed Coffee sharing their test results, plus you get to buy coffee from a spiky blue hedgehog running a coffee company!

Hope to see Grass Fed Coffee available at Sprouts and Natural Grocers in the coming months, not to mention Amazon!

• J-rockJ-rock
    edited January 2016

I get that this product is shelf stable and would need to be consumed after refrigeration. That sounds like trouble for delivery in the middle of winter for the Midwest though.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file