Phenibut... So Wow, Much Impress

I've been experimenting with Phenibut the past few weeks.

Since reports indicate Phenibut may be habit forming, I only dose once per week.  Each week I up the dose by 1/2 gram.

Last night I hit a threshold.  Whenever I read reports that suggested effects lasting through, even peaking at the six hour mark, I figured there was some sort of placebo effect overriding the actual.

Last night I ate 1.5 g.  Over six hours later I was going Strong.  Everything seemed so effortless.. I was able to drive with no problems.  I was able to converse intelligently without sounding like a dickhead... (my meaning here is to make the distinction between talking intelligently and talking incessantly.. verbal diarrhea, if you will).

It's quite clear why Phenibut may be considered habit forming.  I have my company party tonight and while I could totally pull off being on Phenibut and probably have a great time with my wife and my colleagues, I'm going to wait another week before I try it again.

Slept nice and deep last night, too.

Tagged:

Comments

• Just out of curiousity what brand / method of intake are you using? What time of day are you taking it? Did you try GABAwave before it was discontinued?

I still have some GABAwave left and I have a very hard time describing the experience I have while on it. I have found it useful for public speaking if I take it the night before and it is definiteyl something I would use to relax if I found the desire to but haven't found a use otherwise. I have been cautious with dosing frequency as well.
  • I take the Powder City capsules.

Never got the chance to try GABAwave.

Phenibut has also been described as great for public speaking.

I woke up in a great mood. I'm playful.
  • edited December 2015

What time of day are you taking it?

The three times I've taken it have been 8:00 pm, 6:30 pm and most recently 4:00 pm.

I feel like after reading the Wikipedia entry on GABA, I have a better understanding of the mechanics behind Phenibut.

Since GABA inhibits excitatory neuronal activity, it takes more stimulus to elicit a response. Why it also make you feel good and in the 'flow' of things may not be within my grasp at the moment.
  • sparefilmssparefilms Post-human Construct ✭✭✭

I'll copy over my brief excerpt about my phenibut experience from a previous thread where GABAwave was being discussed:

"I'm still amazed that he [Dave Asprey] would suggest taking a phenibut-based supplement [GABAwave] in the morning under any circumstances. Every other supplement I have come across containing phenibut has strict warnings not to operate machinery after taking. I can attest that doses of phenibut in excess of 1 gram can produce an effect similar to alcohol, specifically alcohol in conjunction with thujone which causes a very distinct feeling of being bodily drunk while having a relatively clear head."

My experiences mentioned in that excerpt were specifically with phenibut dosages in the 1-1.5 gram range and no other supplements to cause any interactions.

I've had some experience using phenibut alongside other supplements commonly used as a sleep-aid, and these amplified the effects of the phenibut immensely. I have to reiterate, the effects were amplified immensely. Phenibut synergizes with common herbal and supplemental sleep-aids as readily as caffeine synergizes with l-theanine. It is a very serious supplement. Mixing it with alcohol could also have severe effects.

That being said, I would feel confident using doses of 500mg daily (nightly) for up to 5 consecutive days specifically as a sleep-aid and sleep-enhancer. (I personally do not enjoy drinking, especially to the point of being buzzed or drunk, so I may have an innate aversion to becoming addicted to phenibut by virtue of when and why I take it.)

• I may have to try phenibut ive been on the fence on taking it because of the habbit forming people talk about on reddit and such but i may have to check it out hell its like 4.00 a bottle on powder citys site may be worth a shot.today i got my bottle of adrafinil today gonna try it out for the first time tomarrow and see how it goes gonna take milk thistle with it because i here its not so good on the liver.but i look at it this way alot of shit isnt good on the liver like ibprophin and tylonal

• GhastlyPrezGhastlyPrez Ghastly Prezence
    So I've finally gotten my hands on a bottle of Phenibut. Haven't gotten a chance to try it out as of yet, and will be soon, probably tomorrow since I've already taken my daily stack today.

I've also got some Fasoracetam since that is supposed to help with tolerance build up issues concerning Phenibut.

A friend had told me that Phenibut had made him tired/groggy/sleepy so I'm going to be first trying the Phenibut alone and seeing if I can replicate this and determine a cause for why it may have done so for my friend (I'm thinking it has to deal with the amount dosed), and then I'll continue on to see how Phenibut works out. After today (since my bottles came in today before I had realized so) I'll begin taking the Phenibut by itself for the remainder of the week. :3

A friend had told me that Phenibut had made him tired/groggy/sleepy so I'm going to be first trying the Phenibut alone and seeing if I can replicate this and determine a cause for why it may have done so for my friend (I'm thinking it has to deal with the amount dosed), and then I'll continue on to see how Phenibut works out. After today (since my bottles came in today before I had realized so) I'll begin taking the Phenibut by itself for the remainder of the week. :3

It is a close structural analog of GABA and has a few unique mechanisms. It is a fill agonist of the GABAB receptors in the brain. Phenibut is the main active component in some serious sleep-aid mixes, and if you combine it with other GABAergics then you can go far beyond relaxation and anxiolytic effects and into dreamland.

It is a close structural analog of GABA and has a few unique mechanisms. It is a fill agonist of the GABAB receptors in the brain. Phenibut is the main active component in some serious sleep-aid mixes, and if you combine it with other GABAergics then you can go far beyond relaxation and anxiolytic effects and into dreamland.

Hmm so combining it with something like L-Theanine would likely cause a drowsy dreamland like effect?

Dreamland definitely doesn't sound like a target of mine, LOL, but I can see potentials for applications for it.

Hmm so combining it with something like L-Theanine would likely cause a drowsy dreamland like effect?

Dreamland definitely doesn't sound like a target of mine, LOL, but I can see potentials for applications for it.

More like combining it with things like GABA, Picamilon, Valerian Root, Hops, Mucuna Pruriens, Magnesium, Zinc, Melatonin, Passion Flower. I will say that it is the stack that is the key even more than the dosage. Seems like I'll need to start up a new Sleep Aids thread so we don't take over this one even more!

• dazdaz today is a good day ✭✭✭
    edited December 2015

Seems like I'll need to start up a new Sleep Aids thread so we don't take over this one even more!

please do sparefilms. 

i was just looking at Doc Parsley's (Robb Wolf) Sleep Cocktail;

which includes  "L-Trytophan, GABA (as phGABA), 5-Hydroxytrytophan, Melatonin"

But no info on the breakdown, just that it all adds up to 1100 mg   "Proprietary Sleep Blend 1100mg"

(phGABA = Phenibut)

fake it till you make it

• I was tempted to drink on it but decided against doing so.

This Friday I'll try upping the dose from 1.5 to 1.75.

Subjectively speaking, the effects may have lasted through the next day, though not as evident as the night before.
  • Make sure you taper off and don't try and quit cold turkey.  Oops.  I'm in about 4 posts too early.

I was tempted to drink on it but decided against doing so.

This Friday I'll try upping the dose from 1.5 to 1.75.

Subjectively speaking, the effects may have lasted through the next day, though not as evident as the night before.

• I'm in about 4 posts too early.

Lol. Nah, dude. I've seen some people's posts about this stuff on Reddit. Not trying to eat Phenibut every day. I'm gonna print this out and frame it.
  • just ordered phenibut from powdercity just cause of this thread i gota try this now i was so sketchy on if i want to try this or not cause of the withdrawls and shit.

Anything can have bad effects (well I know not EVERYTHING) if it is not done in moderation. I honestly think most of the issues people had coming from Phenibut stemmed from abusing it and over usage, but that may not have been the case for all of them. I'd say just follow the "regular" recommended dosages, and not so much anecdotal dosages from others at least with Phenibut or anything that has a potential for tolerance/withdrawal/addiction.
  • so i got my phenibut in the mail today took 330mg just now was thinking of taking anther 180mg ..this is my first time trying phen so im not sure what to expect alot of people on other forums say it takes awile to kick in like 2hrs for most people.i dont plan on using this but once every two weeks. cause this is the most sketchy nootropic ive taken lol because of all the reveiws of it being addicitng and shit so guess we will see were it takes me lol....

• so i took phenibut today at like 2pm i didnt notice anything til about 3:30 then it decided to show its face...it was a nice calm feeling since nobody was home couldnt be to social i started playing some video games online with some friends we talked in skype more than we actually played that game and i notice i was able to bounce ideas off my friends alot and they were like some of the ideas ive came up with.anther thing i notice is when i would lose a match or something stupid happend in the game that we were playing i notice i didnt get mad like i usually would.now its 7:15pm now and i still feel the effects maybe a little sleepy might need to drink some coffee not sure though.i also noticed while on phenibut music sounds real amazing like HD clear i would be listening to some industral music and id notice id be tapping my foot to the beat or feel like dancing or something lol its got me a little spunky.when my gf gets home from work ill see how it goes cause then ill have someone to socialize with.

I love industrial music, I've noticed that DnB and PsyGoa are really crispy sounding when using certain nootropics. Piracetam has always given me this "effect" with music sounding clearer than normal.

I've dabbled with the Phenibut a bit since I've gotten it I took 2 caps the other night about 3 hours before sleep. I spent most of the time chatting and talking with people online before finally laying down. I can say sleeping came very easily, which was a relief considering that's something I typically have to fight with for at least an hour before getting to it. Also noticed the Phenibut did kind of make me feel a little drowsy, but that was likely due to taking 2 capsules. I haven't taken it since that night, but will probably take some throughout the 24 and 25 to get through those days. lol
  • so an update on phenibut i do gota say the next day after i took the phen that shit sucked it was hard to get woke up i felt groggy as shit not sure if i like that to much now on pheni it was awesome might just take that everynow and then lol not something id take once a week