Gangster Banter

Reckon it's possible to set up an non-BP related part of the forum for just shit-talk, conspiracy theories, joe rogan worship, etc ???

I vote we call it "Gangster Banter" thanks to Mr Hooper.

I'd drop stuff here in the general discussion, but i feel like this is for BP related general discussion. Thoughts?

No sorcery, just science. 

Comments

• I am game. What is community without a proper social outlet?
  • M. ThomasM. Thomas A Stick of Butter a Day Keeps the Doctor Away.
    haha, perfect.

We need an active moderator with such powers. I feel like using the shout box gets more attention from them than using a thread.
  • Really? I do not really notice the shout box.
  • MaverickAzzMaverickAzz Powerful
    Let's try....

• I am sure that Justin, or Jory will hook us up. They do not post on the forms, but they are checking up on us every day. Jory has posted a few times on the shoutbox to let people know that some upgraded products would be delayed and so forth, but there may be an administration policy that prevents them from being active on the forums.
  • I want a "hacking social dynamics" part image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    Please email me instead of PM

[email protected]
    Well, they haven't reacted to the shoutbox... image/icon_cool.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cool:' />

• RodRod The Rodfather
    Yea, a small section for those who want to go off-topic is a good idea. The forum has expanded and is continuing to do so, as long as it doesn't turn into 4chan, I think it's a great idea. Gangster Banter is good, how about Cow Banter? Too corny? meh... lol

Everything I learned about "biohacking" has been baby steps to "circadian biology", that's where the real biohacking comes in. You can buy a bunch of cool shit to "hack" but if you don't have context, you're not winning. Paleo is just a brand now and too many have opinions, it's on you to read and reread the material to not only find truth but to connect the dots. Much love to everyone who has helped me on my journey for restoring my health, please keep in touch. Feel free to message me with health questions [email protected] 

• TJ JTJ J skratta pa klocka
    Bulletproof dating pick up lines:

Baby, Have you been eating xylitol or are you naturally this sweet?

• Bulletproof dating pick up lines:

Baby, Have you been eating xylitol or are you naturally this sweet?

Hilarious image/icon_e_smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':-)' />
    Please email me instead of PM

[email protected]
    I also think a podcast section would be nice. Threads for each podcast could be created.
  • edited January 2013
    [font=comic sans ms,cursive]meow ......[/font] POWERFUL Aaron Lorch! I wonder if ayahuasca is Bulletproof? hmmmmmm......
    I think on the JRE he mentioned he went to Peru and experienced it. I could be wrong though.
  • I was just being silly asking that but I think that you're right.... I'm a bit behing in my Rogan-ing.... have a lot of podcasts to catch up on. I do remember the ones from a while back where Aubrey Marcus would describe his experiences in depth. Sounds juuuust a smidge intense for my liking. A bong hit and a silly movie is enough for me image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />
  • RodRod The Rodfather
    'Mark wrote:

I also think a podcast section would be nice. Threads for each podcast could be created.

The bottom of each podcast has a discussion section. We should really utilize it because a lot of visitors look at it and can get more info and answers to questions. Plus, I think Dave will chime in on those rather than new threads.

Everything I learned about "biohacking" has been baby steps to "circadian biology", that's where the real biohacking comes in. You can buy a bunch of cool shit to "hack" but if you don't have context, you're not winning. Paleo is just a brand now and too many have opinions, it's on you to read and reread the material to not only find truth but to connect the dots. Much love to everyone who has helped me on my journey for restoring my health, please keep in touch. Feel free to message me with health questions [email protected] 

'ubugrrl' wrote:

[font=comic sans ms,cursive]meow ......[/font] POWERFUL Aaron Lorch! I wonder if ayahuasca is Bulletproof? hmmmmmm......

There's only one way to find out!! image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

edited January 2013
    'Rod' wrote:

The bottom of each podcast has a discussion section. We should really utilize it because a lot of visitors look at it and can get more info and answers to questions. Plus, I think Dave will chime in on those rather than new threads.

That might be the case but it was no intended to work like that. For Example, from podcast #13:

If you have questions for the podcast, you can contact us on Twitter @bulletproofexec, Facebook at facebook.com/bulletproofexecutive, or by leaving a comment to the show notes for this episode. Also since this is the first episode where the Bulletproof forum is now live, you should go over and leave your questions there.

and again from podcast #14:

The Bulletproof Forum is growing a lot right now and people are starting to ask really good questions. If you think of a question during the show that you would like us to answer on the show, you can actually answer it on the forum. You will answer them on the forum and that’s where we get questions for the show, so that’s become a place where you can both answer questions for other people and ask your own.

Ok, so the mods haven't done it... i might as well kick off some more chat in here for you dirty bitches....

What sort of music are you BP mofos into?

What conspiracy theories do you follow?

Favourite alcoholic beverage?

• Jason HooperJason Hooper ✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    My favorite band of all time is Tool.

Conspiracy theories? The usual ones, of course. Tupac, Elvis, and Bill Clinton are all still alive.

I used to drink a lot of single malt scotch, but I had to choose between drinking, or being married.
    Good call with Tool!!

Drinking and marriage? That's tough, bro. My girl loves a good drink almost as much as I do, so I'm alright there!

I love a good 9/11 conspiracy discussion too, but people (read: Americans) tend to get a bit heated about it. Understandably so, I should add. If shit went down in my backyard, I'd be a bit sore about it too.

• StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress
    I think a Bulletproof relevant conspiracy is the whole Monsanto trying to "own" IP rights to food species so we have to pay them royalties to even grow our own food. It even goes global with "Codex Alimentarius".

Podcast #29 with Joel Salatin made my jaw drop when he said his farming method produces a cheaper product than the lowest of the low GMO battery farming operation. If that's true, you really have to ask why it exists? But really you have to ask, who benefits from it existing? A lot of large agribusinesses benefit from it, that's who!

Also, good call on Tool image/icon_e_smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':-)' />
    edited January 2013
    'Aaron wrote:

What sort of music are you BP mofos into?

All music...not going to lie though, I have a soft spot for folk music. Tool is pretty awesome but I have listened all their current stuff to death. If Maynard wasn't so busy with his damn wine making than maybe they could get another album together! You should check out the old podcast of Maynard on JRE though, its a good one.

What conspiracy theories do you follow?

I honestly believe Bin Laden died a long time ago. Tower 7 is another compelling one.

Favourite alcoholic beverage?

Ketel One and soda....wine....beer on occasion.
  • Tool is freaking brilliant. So many faves. Depends on the mood. Lately it's been a lot of Zep, Incubus, Saigon Kick, Alice in Chains, Dishwalla, Queensryche (old), Disturbed. Currently I am enjoying Sully's Avalon CD.

Over the weekend went on a full on 70's AM radio soft rock buying binge and wallowed in it's smooth, dreamy, dulcet tones.

I dont believe or not believe when it comes to conspiracy theories.....but I do love to listen to knowledgeable people debate them. I do believe that Monsanto is evil incarnate. image/icon_evil.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':evil:' /> But thats not a theory...... just troof.

Vodka annnnd whatever. Or rocks. Or shots image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • 'ubugrrl' wrote:

Lately it's been a lot of Zep, Incubus, Saigon Kick, Alice in Chains, Dishwalla, Queensryche (old), Disturbed.

That would make an awesome playlist for a road trip!
    Sonander, you dirty bot bitch.

THE DONKEY CROWS AT MIDNIGHT
  • Rogan talks about the moon landing way too much, but it is odd why we haven't been there in like 40 years, when it only takes 3 or 4 days to get there.
    Did you
    'gramercy' wrote:

Rogan talks about the moon landing way too much, but it is odd why we haven't been there in like 40 years, when it only takes 3 or 4 days to get there.

Did you listen to the Niel Degrasse Tyson episode? They talk about it extensively.
  • Yeah that dude made my brain hurt. Interesting podcast though.
  • Neil Degrasse Tyson is da man. I love listening to him debunk armageddon nonsense image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> The Alex Grey interview blew my mind... just listened to that one last week.