Gangster Banter

Comments

• M. ThomasM. Thomas A Stick of Butter a Day Keeps the Doctor Away.
    'ubugrrl' wrote:

Neil Degrasse Tyson is da man. I love listening to him debunk armageddon nonsense image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> The Alex Grey interview blew my mind... just listened to that one last week.

I am sure you are aware that Alex Grey did the artwork for Lateralus!
  • 'Mark wrote:

I am sure you are aware that Alex Grey did the artwork for Lateralus!

O...M...G.... I had NO idea!! I didnt even know who Alex was until recently. Wow..... cool. That is a downside to ipods.... you dont get to peruse the album art like you would with the CD's. I have not seen the actual CD in ages. This all seems to keep coming around to Tool. I'm wondering if we should just name them as the official band of the Bulletproof Exec! image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />
  • MaverickAzzMaverickAzz Powerful
    That album art was INCREDIBLE!!!! I remember when I first bought the CD and I was sitting in a food court just looking at it.

No sorcery, just science. 

However, I didn't really like the Alex Grey podcast. I think he goes too far into the hippy bullshit and tries to push his ideas on alchemy onto EVERYTHING.

"the earth, and ozone layer, is like an alchemist's alembic..."

No it's not. image/icon_razz.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':-P' />

• Extreme blonde dope confession image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> When I first got the CD I thought, since some of the art had a step and repeat pattern to it, that it was supposed to be like those 3D magic art pics ..... where if you stare and look 'thru' the pic, the 3D image comes out. HAAA! D'oh!
  • RodRod The Rodfather
    edited January 2013
    'Mark wrote:

That might be the case but it was no intended to work like that. For Example, from podcast #13:

and again from podcast #14:

[/size]

Owned! .....

lol, I still like the fact that people can ask specific questions from the podcast in the area below show notes. I think it helps with organization.

Sorry, I responded late, my push notification is not working.

Edit***

(I was late to the party )

I like long walks on the .... no... lol

I'm surprised not one person said Funk or Soul as a favorite. I like all kinds of music but break beats (bboy) makes me create serotonin, literally.

I'm with the whole 911 and all of it, it's possible! I think it's just mostly monetary related but I do believe there are some SICK people who want to just mess with people. Sandy Hook was a recent eye opener...

I wasen't too much of a drink but I really liked beer, not that natty Ice stuff. I enjoyed some good IPA's, Jamacian beer, New Castle etc...other than that, Patron for me =)

Everything I learned about "biohacking" has been baby steps to "circadian biology", that's where the real biohacking comes in. You can buy a bunch of cool shit to "hack" but if you don't have context, you're not winning. Paleo is just a brand now and too many have opinions, it's on you to read and reread the material to not only find truth but to connect the dots. Much love to everyone who has helped me on my journey for restoring my health, please keep in touch. Feel free to message me with health questions Con[email protected] 

• 'Aaron wrote:

However, I didn't really like the Alex Grey podcast. I think he goes too far into the hippy bullshit and tries to push his ideas on alchemy onto EVERYTHING.

"the earth, and ozone layer, is like an alchemist's alembic..."

No it's not. image/icon_razz.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':-P' />

Ha Ok I cannot refute that point and yes he does need to be lasso'd and pulled back to earth sometimes. I do like when people speak to the idea that most organized religion is way too steeped in dogma and fundamentalism....... and the idea of using entheogens, rather, to open up and experience a true spirituality. It gives me some hope that maybe, someday, humans will knock off the nonsense.

I also loved that his cadence is very super-smarmy old-school SNL Dennis Miller'ish. When he said "He's freakin Socrates" I LOL'd. image/laugh.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' /> He just needed to end that statement with "okay babe?"
  • M. ThomasM. Thomas A Stick of Butter a Day Keeps the Doctor Away.
    yea, well sometimes the best way for things to work is not the way you originally intend.
    Another school shooting, guys?

What the fuck is up with Americans and guns?

We had a crazy shooting back in '96. Government came in and took most guns away after that one. There is a conspiracy that goes into a detailed write-up online about how it was complete bullshit. It suggests that someone from the military, probably special forces trained, had to do it. Even then, the kill-to-injured hit ratio was still exceptionally high. The guy currently serving 35 life sentences for doing the shooting has serious mental disabilities.

We also haven't had another shooting since... but who knows what the root cause is.

• TJ JTJ J skratta pa klocka
    'Aaron wrote:

Another school shooting, guys?

What the fuck is up with Americans and guns?

We had a crazy shooting back in '96. Government came in and took most guns away after that one. There is a conspiracy that goes into a detailed write-up online about how it was complete bullshit. It suggests that someone from the military, probably special forces trained, had to do it. Even then, the kill-to-injured hit ratio was still exceptionally high. The guy currently serving 35 life sentences for doing the shooting has serious mental disabilities.

We also haven't had another shooting since... but who knows what the root cause is.

yea, sometimes it feels like the human race is at a pinnacle of stress, sadness, and mixed up priorities. Is everyone of these shooters on psychotropic drugs?

ketosis not psychosis !
    'Troy wrote:

ketosis not psychosis !

BOOM! Powerful Troy!

In my opinion, people have never been fucked so hard as they are now. Everything is out of their hands. We're taxed more and get less from the taxes than we used to. We gotta work dual-incomes in order to struggle, when just a few decades ago, a teacher used to have "the good house" in the neighbourhood. We're making more, producing more, working more.... and getting nothing but stress for it. I've got a whole rant about this, but I won't go into it.

I think the real problem with society is that our governments are bought off, so they just dip into the public purse when they need more.

Sooner or later, people are going to crack and say "hey, fuck you, man! you're supposed to be working for us!" like we're kinda seeing in the middle east.

They'll do that shit with or without guns though. Control through the wallet isn't something a gun can stop.

• Jason HooperJason Hooper ✭✭✭
    edited January 2013