Dave: Leg Veins, Flat Feet, Emwave, Body By Science, Anti-Aging

Hey Dave,

I really feel you are the real deal. I've bought the emwave like you said, and I believe it's one of the best state management tools out there.

I also do the Body by science lifting like you. Lately I have been getting intense muscle tightness in one leg (that used to have knee pain) and some nasty spider and varicose veins coming up. I am not sure what caused this and I keep looking for answers...

I have a standing desk set up that I have been using for over a year (with flat feet). I got tired of standing over 6 hours and sometimes accidentally locking my knees (I heard you're not supposed to do that at weddings or you might pass out).

I was wondering since you seem to have a lot of the answers, if you have any ways that I can model?

Have you had similar problems like this? Super tightness/cramp for a long time, knee/joint pain, aging? What do you do for Anti-Aging?

Comments

• Thanks Leetx. I like to think I'm the real deal too. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I met someone - a PhD theoretical physicist - who just got the emwave after reading the blog. He has the same enthusiasm. I love seeing that!

Some of us with flat feet are not meant to stand for all day. Fix your feet first - there are yoga stretches than can help, raising your big toes, learning to spread your toes, walking barefood on sand. Read "Yoga for Your Eyes" by Meier Schneir (it's got as much body as eye in it). I am pursuing some electrical cures for flat feet too. Stay tuned. I'm tired of having mine. A standing desk didn't work for me; a ball to sit on is gentler on your feet but helps your posture and movement too.

The veins are all about collagen formation. Add more collagen, as soon as possible, and up your vitamin C substantially. Vitamin C helps to form collagen.

Veins and stretch marks can come from high cortisol too. Any stretch marks?

Mycotoxins or other environmental toxins tax the liver, which uses up your vitamin C, which results in more broken and spider veins. Liposomal glutathione helps with liver detox, as does Upgraded Whey.

I'm not trying to recommend only my stuff here - it's just that this is exactly the reason I carry these things! image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • edited March 2012
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]cool,[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Thanks dave, you are the real deal

and you have given lots of good biohacks to benefit everyone~

I did meditation a little in HS with like CDs and stuff and Ommming, but stopped cause it was so boring and had adhd. I notice that[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]most people who've kept up this habit and then fall off will say stuff like "Man I really need to start doing that again" and "Wow I was really at my best when that was my zone".[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]I hope that there is a way to reverse the veins, and the leg pain around it too? Can it be reversed and healed? I have bought the supplements you recommended. Also there is chronic tightness- it's about at 85% tightness all the time (just the right leg, also the veiny one) to the point where I think it's causing more knee instability and pain..! It looks like my leg was sucked by a blue spider-alien under intense light. Really sucks- I need to solve it NOW before it gets worse! Knee pain and nasty veins. I take some hyaluronic acid supplements for joint, but feel like its not addressing the source problem.

Keep me updated about your experiment the flat feet thing, it would be amazing to biohack that! You recommend anymore Books besides yoga by eyes for flat feet? i was thinking egoscue, but dunno about that. I do the body by science with vibrams, but I dunno if the leg press is causing more problems. I think sprinting is okay, not as damaging.

I will definitely get the products for that and the ball. 65 or 75 cm? medium, soft or firm? commercial or regular?

Also around the eating lots of fat stuff. Maybe I am missing core pieces of that routine or something. Missing a piece of the puzzle. I am a young guy and my bad cholestrol is 194, hugely different from yours Dave. I been eating Kerrygold and eggs and nuts a lot, with a teaspoon of (org virgin coconut oil, not everyday cause it triggers the vomit reflex a bit). With some veggies and some carbs. I meat whenever I can, I don't have the patience or tools to cook beef everyday, so sometimes I just eat "instant" foods like eggs. I want to stay with it, by on the other hand not to ignore blood tests and go by dogma and have a heart attack because of the high cholestrol. More "balance?" Maybe more veggies? A certain supplement? More of something?

Do you believe in the idea that sleep around 10pm - 2am is the most restorative? I feel like on days like this in March, I have much more passion, vigor and vitality and access to my higher self (the infatiguable and ambitious mind-set we all have). ANd I've taken 10,000 iu of D3 all of winter. Is this is mental thing that can be cured by like autosuggestion, or how to I get this peak consistently? I feel like I have to grasp this peak season/weather and feel a lot of pressure to do most of my success-work here, or otherwise I'll lose it and the state will pass until next year! A year is a long time to wait for these great feelings! Wouldn't it be great if life were always a warm-fuzzy springtime all year round? This should be biohacked! image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Do you believe you need a certain amount of veggies for alkalizing and anti-aging?[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Also, I really like your subtle yet value biohack for energy for B1 to prevent noon crashes? You still doing that- does it still work? I woulda never though of that! Most people go through an entire lifetime with less than optimal energy and Emotion, just because of that ONE PIECE OF KNOWLEDGE! I thought B-complex (+folate and b12) was enough, but I was wrong. Any other Energy hacks besides Coffee? I think that is what most of us want most- ENERGY. MORE ENERGY, VIGOR, VITALITY and ABUNDANCE. Anymore subtle or BIG Energy Hacks? [/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]I know there are Fundamentals and then there are the subtle advanced stuff and details that give you the EDGE. But the methodologies are different, and I am not so sure about the Fundamentals anymore..

Also what do you do for public speaking enhancement, instead of rote repetition as conditioning? Your blog post on that mentioned a follow up article, but it doesn't exist (I can't find it)? Like I prefer to keep high energy before speaking, so I today I did a body by science routine (no rests in between) to get flowing for that. Fear is really physical, and pushing past challenge helps tremendously! Still theres lots of room for improvement. What do you do?

And also how do you memorize long speeches elegantly? People can speak for hrs without notes fluidly and without pause- they must be doing something differently.

Also, what do you think about NLP and mind hacking visualization stuff like that? Is that what you did to be a millionaire by age 26- very impressive and kinda elitist image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> I'm very interested in hearing about that. I am a young guy and would like to do something great like that too. What do you do to maintain your work ethic, vision, inspiration, CONSISTENCY, sense of urgency and progress, and smart work? I find myself challenged by stuff like that on a regularly basis and take steps backward. Same applies to the romantic relationship part.

Dave you are a wise man. Got most of the answers figured out.[/font]
  • bump, especially about the Springtime passion hack and the summer energy! image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • super bump bump, my friend was curious about this question too
  • 'Dave wrote:
    Some of us with flat feet are not meant to stand for all day. Fix your feet first - there are yoga stretches than can help, raising your big toes, learning to spread your toes, walking barefood on sand. Read "Yoga for Your Eyes" by Meier Schneir (it's got as much body as eye in it). I am pursuing some electrical cures for flat feet too. Stay tuned. I'm tired of having mine. A standing desk didn't work for me; a ball to sit on is gentler on your feet but helps your posture and movement too.

Are you sure flat feet is something you should solve? According to http://en.wikipedia....ilitary_studies , it seems like they do no harm and actually protect you from stress fractures.
  • Leg vein, varicose veins, swollen legs and calf cramps can be treated with 250mg of horse chestnut seed extract which contain an aescin dose of 50 mg. Taken twice a day is said to provide results. The Venotoine pill from LifeExtensions is one form to take. The use of a compression (support) stockings is good too but can be uncomfortable. Vitamin C with collagen as Dave has mentioned for leg vein might be beneficail too. Haven`t found much info on this topic but if you have any experience or success please post here.

Thanks in advance.

• ranjiranji
    edited December 2016

I had swollon legs and could not even do simple things for past 1 year. but luckily i got magic potion and applied for 2 weeks. 60% gone now and i can do myworks myself now. Hope in few weeks i will be alright.

• I wonder if the collagen/vit C worked... :( Nobody ever followed up. I have some spider and vericose starting to come in as well. Sad face

• My mother using venorid serum for few months and looks like she is happy with the result. May be you can also try.

• I feel very pleased with venorid.Its working far better..........

• I am 45 now and i have varicose veins on my legs .i dont know its age problem or not.but i need to get of it immediately.so i choose venorid for 3 months and noe its completely cleared off.My skin looks 5 years younger now.thanks.

• mmctecmmctec
    edited September 4

Spider & varicose veins come from collagen formation and Vitamin C stores? While collagen is an integral part of skin, which keeps it plump and elastic, it has nothing to do with veins from a functional standpoint. The veins, which are part of the circulatory system, are only as good as heredity gives you, but the chance of forming S/V veins can be increased by various things. Spider veins can be caused by hormonal changes, sun exposure and injuries. Varicosities are caused by weakened valves and veins in your legs. The valves normally keep blood flowing from your legs up toward your heart. But when the valves do not work well, blood collects in the legs, pressure builds up and veins become weak and twisted. The chance of getting varicose veins can increase due to: age, obesity, pregnancy, sitting or standing too long, lack of exercise (walking, running & dancing) or family history. With varicose veins, it's all about the venous pressure in the legs.

While Veno-Rid may help some with surface spider veins like topical Vit K creams do, it cannot reverse the chance of getting varicose veins even if the vendor claims it does or eliminate varicose veins even if the patient claims it does. Varicose veins are a weakness in circulatory system and no topical product can eliminate them. Horse chestnut and Vits C & E can reduce leg swelling in some people, but the swelling is related to the underlying condition, unless you've been sitting too long, motionless, with your knees bent. Every vascular surgeon will tell you to wear medical support hose (not support stockings sold in retail stores) if you have varicose veins.

• mmctecmmctec
    edited September 4

@VeggieVampire said:
    'Dave wrote:

Are you sure flat feet is something you should solve? According to http://en.wikipedia....ilitary_studies , it seems like they do no harm and actually protect you from stress fractures.

And we're following Wikipedia for medical advice? No yoga stretch will "fix" flat feet. A stretch of any sort alleviates tension and tight muscles. Yoga stretches can't reverse a physiological problem like low arches no matter who tells you they do. Walking in sand can strengthen foot muscles, but can also end up causing foot pain because you don't have the proper bone structure in your arches for support. And the movement of your toes (up, down, spread apart)? These "exercises" are used by physical therapists to loosen tight muscles and tendons in the foot, but they, too, don't reverse low arches. You're either born with low arches, have an injury that causes them or evolve into low arches through age, wearing high heels (believe it or not, they weaken tendons in your foot) or employment that requires a lot of standing: hairdressers, postal workers, salespeople, supermarket employees, industrial/factory workers.

Flat feet do no harm and protect you from stress and fractures? They can cause problems because you don't have the proper bone structure in the arch to cushion and support your feet ... ergo more chances of injury, broken bones and bunions which may require surgery. Flat feet run in families like, it seems, everything else does. Some people experience no pain or discomfort with flat feet, while others do. If you have pain in your foot or toes (especially your big toe), you should see an orthopedic surgeon (orthopod) who will probably prescribe a custom orthotic for you to wear. Big toe pain can be a forerunner of bunions unless it's related to excess uric acid (eating too much meat), which can be an indicator of gout.