Lifting In A Fasted State?

2»

Comments

• dazdaz today is a good day ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016

@Jason Miller said:
    Fast and slow twitch fibers.

Thx Jason, I follow now, I wasn't familiar with that terminology (& why would I be).

( I was thinking at the 'muscle level' when I said context...not the 'fiber level' )

• I can't believe anyone that is truly interested in health would consume Gatorade. Also Jason seems to think that his way is the only way and it isn't. Lifting while BP fasting might not work for you but it works for others, me included. My workouts are strong while fasting & as long as I eat protein after a workout my muscle growth is good as well. One size does not fit all.

• RekaReka ✭✭✭
    edited February 8

Training fasted and making progress for a few years is normal, no big deal. The point is, how long can one keep this up until everything crashes, because after some years, the whole hormonal system will crash. When you have to keep blood glucose high you use extra amounts of cortisol, and you can conveniently do that for years. Then after you run out, which for me took 7-8 years, you spend just as many years in a zombie state due to adrenal reserves getting completely depleted.
    Doing great on keto / fast and training for a few months, even for a few years, even breaking some PRs while doing so, doesn't prove anything. Unless your aim is to make progress for 4 years, break your records, and then spend the rest of your life in bed.

• It depends what you want if your lifting weight to build muscle you are a fool to do it fasted. If you want to be lean then most of your carbs should be pre and post workout. If you want a sub par workout then go fasted you think your giving it your all but seriously you are not. While protien is used to build muscle carbs are also required for the process as well as replenishing. @Judiek17 seriously your questions @Jason Miller knowledge with a statement like jason thinks his way is the only way well sorry to inform you but biology is the same for all of us, thing is you are obviously after a differant goal which short term you can get fasted but eventually it won't be enough.

• edited February 17

To piggyback off of what Jason mentioned in his first post, If I trained fasted it's because I've eaten a huge amount of carbs the evening before,so I don't wake up hungry. My glycogen stores are all filled up!

In contrast, if I don't eat a lot before bed the next morning's workout will be terrible.

Edit: grammar

2»