Best Way To Lower High Heart Rate/blood Pressure

Does anyone have any advice about alternative ways to lower high heart rate and high blood pressure?

I'm 28, have lost 115lbs and have about 35lbs left to lose, but my blood pressure and heart rate are still quite high and often higher now than they ever were when I was significantly overweight. My average blood pressure is about 140/90 and has gone up as high as 175/115 during particularly stressful times. My resting heart rate is 70 on a good day, but usually 78-85.

My MD, DO and naturopath have run many tests and all say my heart seems very healthy, blood work looks fantastic, and that it's probably just stress. I've had a lifelong battle with anxiety, but have taken massive strides to fix it. My diet is flawless and 100% bulletproof. I'm very active, do cardio 4-5 times a week, strength training 1-2 times a week and meditate regularly.

Is EmWave2/Heart Math something that could help with this? Or the Zona Plus? The Zona Plus seems to address my main concerns, but it is also significantly pricier.  

Comments

• dazdaz today is a good day ✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    May not help, but costs nothing...

do you breathe thru your mouth or nose...

Nose breathing (& 'belly' breathing) may bring down your HR a bit, idk about the blood pressure tho

belly breathing = fully/properly using your diaphragm (not your rib cage)

fake it till you make it

• Does anyone have any advice about alternative ways to lower high heart rate and high blood pressure?

I'm 28, have lost 115lbs and have about 35lbs left to lose, but my blood pressure and heart rate are still quite high and often higher now than they ever were when I was significantly overweight. My average blood pressure is about 140/90 and has gone up as high as 175/115 during particularly stressful times. My resting heart rate is 70 on a good day, but usually 78-85.

You have given yourself a hint that during stressful times it went up, and a good day usually is 78-85. For me, I wear the heartbeat rate watch to monitor it. When there is something stressful or something we need to meet deadline or rush to work... the heart beat quite fast.... it would take some times to cool it off by breathing slowly and deeply on belly breathing.

However, when there is no any stress, the heart beat sometime might beat quite fast uncontrollable, but we can breath slowly and make the heartbeat calmly beat within 1 minute.

One way to correct this, is just like performing a daily 30 minutes exercise to breath correctly which is the cheapest health solution. Let the heartbeat hear your inner voice.

• Magnesium.

• coherence, so yes emwave is legit!
    be present
    focus on that breath