Crashing On Bulletproof Coffee?

This is going to be a brief synopsis after the post I just spent 15 minutes on was lost when being asked to verify the stupid CAPTCHA. Really need to fix that bug. So forgive the rush.

Basically I started the BP Coffee kit with grass fed butter and MCT oil. Was never a coffee drinker because I always crash on it. I love the feeling I get from BP Coffee and it helps with my work but I am noticing a crash after my first meal of the day around 3pm. I've only been using the coffee for 2 weeks but have required a nap almost every day when using it directly after my fast-breaking meal around 3pm.

I'm 30, fit, work from home, low stress, good sleep, no drugs, very little alcohol, no smoking.

I thought the BP Coffee wasn't supposed to give you the crash. Maybe I'm wrong? Should I look into doing something like this with tea instead? Decaf coffee?

I would appreciate any advice or personal experiences.

Thanks!

Comments

• Wouldn't it be more fair to say that your lunch is making you crash?

What is your lunch?

How long do you go without eating anything besides the BPC? 3pm just seems late.

Make, [then,] thyself to grow to the same stature as the Greatness which transcends all measure; leap forth from every body; transcend all Time; become Eternity; and [thus] shalt thou know God. Conceiving nothing is impossible unto thyself, think thyself deathless and able to know all,—all arts, all sciences, the way of every life.  – Corpus Hermeticum XI “The Mind of Hermes”

• Wouldn't it be more fair to say that your lunch is making you crash?

What is your lunch?

How long do you go without eating anything besides the BPC? 3pm just seems late.

Yeah, I had that in my previous post. I have been eating quality food, trying to avoid anything processed and with sugar.

I fast for roughly 16 hours and have been doing it like this for over a year before BP Coffee.

Side note: I had a significant tired feeling much earlier today, right around 1pm. I wouldn't describe it as a "crash" and it went away. I also didn't have the "crash" I'm describing after my 3pm meal today.

• RekaReka ✭✭✭

If you usually don't drink coffee why did you start?

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

• Modern Life SurvivalistModern Life Survivalist Saturated Fat Truther ✭✭
    edited February 2016

Yeah, I had that in my previous post. I have been eating quality food, trying to avoid anything processed and with sugar.

I fast for roughly 16 hours and have been doing it like this for over a year before BP Coffee.

Side note: I had a significant tired feeling much earlier today, right around 1pm. I wouldn't describe it as a "crash" and it went away. I also didn't have the "crash" I'm describing after my 3pm meal today.

This isn't true for most people, but I found that being a person who's not overweight, I really don't need to intermittent fast, and I do much better with a fat/protein-rich breakfast and BP coffee. It made a big difference for me. You might want to try throwing in a collagen/butter/egg/chocolate shake before the coffee and see if that breakfast would help. Or even some bacon and eggs...

I don't crash now from coffee, but I kind of did before I started eating breakfast.

Oh and also, I think there's something to the whole caffeine thing, even when it's from a clean source. You won't crash as bad, but no matter what, caffeine concentrates your energy into the morning till afternoon part of the day. It should last longer than till 3 though...

• Try the coffee without fasting for a week and see if you can still predictably make yourself crash. If so you are probably not degrading histamine properly and thus why coffee never worked well for you to begin with.

Otherwise it might be hypoglycaemia; the BP coffee is somehow lowering your blood sugar which is not combining well with your fast.

"Men are more easily wooed by imagination then by science" - Will Durant

Instagram

• Thanks for all the ideas guys. I'm going to do some experimentation based on these ideas and see what I can figure out.