Stock Trading

DManDMan Master of Arts ✭✭✭

Howdy,

is someone here trading, investing or interested in learning this?

I am just starting to learn and I wonder if someone here does it and has some advice?

Or newbies who want to learn together with a free demo account, share ideas, try out strategies and stuff like that?

Cheers

May you be well, may you be happy, may you be healthy, may you be loved.

How much to eat:
advanced | How to train: bulletproof training | HRV: HRV FOR TRAINING HRV BASICS What Affects HRV | Brain  & Memory dual n back training advanced training

Tagged:

Comments

• mistamista
    edited February 2016

The thinkorswim platform is pretty legit with demo account papermoney.  I've traded in the past and made some cash, but lately I just have some stocks stocked away with a buy and hold approach.  I got into the crytocurrency scene when bitcoin was around $2-5 bucks with a litecoin portfolio that would have been well into the six figures if I hadn't sold very early.  At the time I was pretty excited to simply double my bitcoin investment from $2.50 to $5.00 (spending the return on food), while doing the same with LTC.  It looks like BTC spiked up around $1,000 and currently trades around $425.  :-|  I like CFD trading, although it seems like the majority of players are likely to lose cash in the game.  It takes money to make money.

Tradingview.com is a useful site for sharing ideas and investopia has a wealth of information.  You might read up on Elliott waves / Gartley patterns and indicators like MACD.

• I am actually a full time forex trader.  I started with stocks and pennies and it was a disaster.  Found forex to work the best.  All I can say is it is a journey.  It will take you a good 6 months before you are making consistent gains

• If you are at all interested in learning about forex, I definitely have some pointers and ideas of where to look/learn.

• DManDMan Master of Arts ✭✭✭

Awesome! Share your wisdom, please. :)

How much to eat:
    advanced | How to train: bulletproof training | HRV: HRV FOR TRAINING HRV BASICS What Affects HRV | Brain  & Memory dual n back training advanced training

• I prefer forex because it is a very technical market compared to stocks.  It's hard to predict stocks with all the manipulation and news reports all over the place.  Fist off you will have to just learn basics of forex and for that I would say use babypips.com.  They have an amazing course on forex.  Next you gotta find a method or a strategy that works for you. Personally, I spent a year trying every single damn one out there and found one known as "market maker method" which can be found if you simply google or youtube it.  The name sounds complicated, but it is very simple and (in my personal opinion) the cream of the crop when it comes to making money using financial markets!

• You will have to be stubborn as hell to make it in trading.  No matter what, you will most likely blow an account during the learning curve.  No matter what style you trade.

• DManDMan Master of Arts ✭✭✭

Thank you once again this forum proves to be helpful. :)

I'm just starting out and I just watched a webseminar about CFD and some of the very basics. Next I will follow your lead and go to babypips and I will look up the money maker method. i also have an old real life friend from school who trades and he also encouraged me to ask questions but also says he is happy to see that I am interested in this stuff because he is rich now and owns several apartments and works at a bank and stuff like that.^^ So I don't care if I blow some demo accounts before I get it right.

In the seminar the showed a very simple strategy called the summer sale I believe and they used the DAX as an example. So basically you invest some money in October and sell it in August because it usually works and it has something to do with the holiday season, right?... Did you try that before?

How much to eat:

• I am not too sure about trading DAX or any of that :/  I only trade forex