Retaining Information, Improve Memory - Long-Term

Hi, I am an Optometry university student and I have exams in a few months. I have been struggling to retain the vast amounts of information and feel my brain is not strong enough to even keep it in my head for long periods. I wanted to ask if there is anything that could help me improve this, because it has been one of the depressing factors in my life. Because, I can't recall stuff I struggle in conversations aswell as exams and quizzes. Please help!!

Comments

• Supermemo is a pretty good way of managing knowledge.  The software is good, and the knowledge management articles on their site are great, too.  Supermemo is basically a flash card program for your computer.  You put in the question and the answer.  Later, when you want to refresh your knowledge, you go through your deck of flash cards.  The software rearranges the order in which they are presented to you through their feedback system.

The program is designed to be the most efficient use of your time. 

• DManDMan Master of Arts ✭✭✭

you might wanna googl jim kwick and read up on learning methods and tips he uses.

May you be well, may you be happy, may you be healthy, may you be loved.

How much to eat:
    advanced | How to train: bulletproof training | HRV: HRV FOR TRAINING HRV BASICS What Affects HRV | Brain  & Memory dual n back training advanced training

• To me that sounds like brain fog. You might not have enough time to go down that rabbit whole before your tests but really any form of advanced study will be rendered not very effective until you do.

"Men are more easily wooed by imagination then by science" - Will Durant

Instagram

• To me that sounds like brain fog. You might not have enough time to go down that rabbit whole before your tests but really any form of advanced study will be rendered not very effective until you do.

Sorry I'm confused by this comment, what would be the ideal thing to do??

• could modafinil with piracetam stack possibly help?? just for now, since I have a short time, and then in the future start working on ways to remve brain fog such as change in diet, exercise and more sleep etc

• edited February 2016

Sorry I'm confused by this comment, what would be the ideal thing to do??

Yeah sorry I could have worded that better and spell-checked haha.

Since you have a short time I wouldn't try fixing your brain fog until after.

In my opinion I wouldn't whip out the heavy guns (Modafinil) either unless you've already used them before as testing out new substances right before a big event usually isn't the best course of action haha.

Focus on the advanced study techniques listed above for now, try to eat cleaner, sleep better/more, etc.

Instagram

• DManDMan Master of Arts ✭✭✭

I would not start with drugs before you get the basics right.

May you be well, may you be happy, may you be healthy, may you be loved.

How much to eat:
    advanced | How to train: bulletproof training | HRV: HRV FOR TRAINING HRV BASICS What Affects HRV | Brain  & Memory dual n back training advanced training

• Supermemo is a pretty good way of managing knowledge.  The software is good, and the knowledge management articles on their site are great, too.  Supermemo is basically a flash card program for your computer.  You put in the question and the answer.  Later, when you want to refresh your knowledge, you go through your deck of flash cards.  The software rearranges the order in which they are presented to you through their feedback system.

The program is designed to be the most efficient use of your time. 

Just a side comment, the method Supermemo uses is called spaced repetition, which is likely the single best way to commit information to long term memory. 

Interesting article on the subject:

http://www.wired.com/2008/04/ff-wozniak/

My personal blog : healthbydiet.net

• Yeah sorry I could have worded that better and spell-checked haha.

Since you have a short time I wouldn't try fixing your brain fog until after.

In my opinion I wouldn't whip out the heavy guns (Modafinil) either unless you've already used them before as testing out new substances right before a big event usually isn't the best course of action haha.

Focus on the advanced study techniques listed above for now, try to eat cleaner, sleep better/more, etc.

I have like 2 months before my finals, so there is a little time I guess, its just me as a person, I do stress alot, which makes it seem like a short amount of time.

• Just a side comment, the method Supermemo uses is called spaced repetition, which is likely the single best way to commit information to long term memory. 

Interesting article on the subject:

http://www.wired.com/2008/04/ff-wozniak/

This seems like one of the best options, cheers!!!

• I have like 2 months before my finals, so there is a little time I guess, its just me as a person, I do stress alot, which makes it seem like a short amount of time.

Then before Modafinil, i'd try this:

Rhodiola 250mg + Eleuthero 250mg + Gingko 120mg + Alpha GPC 200mg + Creatine 2.5g + The Best quality fish oil you can find

Reduce all sugar, add coconut oil to meals, etc. Basically follow the BP Diet whether you chose to go cyclic keto or keep eating a moderate amount of carbs (120-150g)

Instagram

• Neurozan was also something, which my mum actually recommended and she's decided to purchase that for me. I've read some good reviews about it, so I'm gonna try that for a month or so.

• Well i'm on the same boat as you. I have 2 months before my exam. I tried different stacks but i'm going with this one for the next 2 months. It's helped when i took them by them self. 

The stack below I take twice a day afternoon, and night time. Right before going to bed I take the Bacopa. That will take some time but if you take it every day it will help. The dosage for the Bocopa is 750mg but i'm starting small for now. might change that up next week taking it in the morning, and right before bed.

• Alpha-GPC 300mg 
    • Noopept 10 mg
    • Pramiracetam 250mg 
    • Anireacetam 800 mg 

Night time I take 

• Bacopa Monnieri 50% 375mg

•  

Well i'm on the same boat as you. I have 2 months before my exam. I tried different stacks but i'm going with this one for the next 2 months. It's helped when i took them by them self. 

The stack below I take twice a day afternoon, and night time. Right before going to bed I take the Bacopa. That will take some time but if you take it every day it will help. The dosage for the Bocopa is 750mg but i'm starting small for now. might change that up next week taking it in the morning, and right before bed.

• Alpha-GPC 300mg 
    • Noopept 10 mg
    • Pramiracetam 250mg 
    • Anireacetam 800 mg 

Night time I take 

• Bacopa Monnieri 50% 375mg

how are you getting on with your stack? noticing any good benefits?

• Well so far haven't really notice much. But might take out the pramiracetam since I only have 500gr of it. Might run out before the two months . By the end of the week I will give you other update. 

Have you picked which stack or what nootropics you are planning to take?