Woman Jailed For Refusing Federal Order To Commit Perjury

Are you in need of a Bulletproof Diet coach??

coach-badge-blue-300x60.png

Antony Reed

Founder/Editor of BrainSpankingNews.com

Health, Science, and Liberation

Clear-out the contrary and embrace the uncomfortable!

Comments

• The article had me intrigued until, "The book claims it can show readers how to legally avoid paying income taxes in some cases." 

• dazdaz today is a good day ✭✭✭
    edited February 2016

The article had me intrigued until, "The book claims it can show readers how to legally avoid paying income taxes in some cases." 

that bit actually added to the intrigue for me. 

i bet the publicity around this has helped the husband's book sales (the opposite outcome to what the US tax dept would have wanted). 

fake it till you make it

• BrainSpankingNewsBrainSpankingNews Vitimus Maximus ✭✭

i bet the publicity around this has helped the husband's book sales (the opposite outcome to what the US tax dept would have wanted). 

I've read the book myself. It doesn't show how to avoid paying any taxes one owes. It just shows how to only pay what you owe, and get back what you don't owe, according to the law as written and intended.

That isn't the issue with the case, however. This is about a government order to sign a dictated statement. This is akin to holding a gun to your head and demanding you make a statement as though you were making it of your own free will. She wasn't even allowed to do so in a manner that would make it known she was being ordered to do so.

Agree or disagree with the prior case, letting this stand could set a precedent where government can order anyone to "agree" with whatever they want and you can't speak out or argue or refuse, or face contempt charges.

Antony Reed

I wish there were publicity. WND is the first "major" outlet to run this story. I wrote on this case in my own news blog a few months back, but most media sites won't touch it... Cowards.

http://www.brainspankingnews.com/judicial-corruption-michigan/

Antony Reed

• fixerforhirefixerforhire Mr. Not Sure.

why aren't they just going after her for tax evasion? I don't get it.

did she really find a legal loophole and the only recourse is to have her volunteer to amend her returns?

why aren't they just going after her for tax evasion? I don't get it.

did she really find a legal loophole and the only recourse is to have her volunteer to amend her returns?

They can't go after her for tax evasion as she hasn't evaded any taxes. It isn't a "loophole" either, any more than if you aren't a Sears shopper but you get a bill from Sears stating that you have an outstanding balance on your Sears account... which you don't have.

Antony Reed

• fixerforhirefixerforhire Mr. Not Sure.
    edited March 2016

rather, filing a false return.

is she a citizen of the US and did she have taxable income as defined in the IRS tax code? *edit (argument of the validity of taxes aside)

what are the specifics of her return that the irs took such exception to?

is this just random viciousness, or is there a very pointed reason/argument leading up to this?

it's one thing to make an example of someone...

but, why do they want so desperately for her to amend her return that they are clearly forcing her to say something she does not believe.

http://www.npr.org/sections/money/2016/02/19/467383708/episode-685-larry-vs-the-irs

like this guys story. kind of.

only she isn't giving in.

and one of her arguments doesn't appear on this list?

if it doesn't they'd just ask that she ammend the return and pay what is owed, if anything.

https://www.irs.gov/PUP/taxpros/The%20Truth%20Jan%202015.pdf