Vitamin D -Liquid Fatigue If Missing Out

Hi there, I use about 10k IU of D a day. When I travel I miss out sometimes, and I was totally fatiged my that. Do you experience a lack of D also as a major fatigue factor?I had the fatigue until I took D again.

Also: I bought some really nice D in liquid form which already includes K in a good ratio. Anybody using liquid ? What are the benefits?

Tagged:

Comments

• I use D3 drops over capsules merely for convenience. It's really just 5 less capsules I have to take in the morning. You should get your levels tested to see if you are deficient. One of the symptoms of D3 deficiency is fatigue. You may have to take more than 10000 IU a day until you are optimal.

• Actually what J-rock said.... I always take my liquid vitamin D3 in the morning as people have said it helps give them a little push in the morning ;) 

Also I place the drops inside my cheek something to do with it gets into your blood stream quicker ( So I was told) I cant say its fact but hey its still in my mouth and it doesn't do no harm placing the drops on the inside of my cheek wall :) 

• cool Thanks. I live in a cold house and my liquid D is always hard and I have to warm it up. What are optimal levels, I have my first check up on Wednesday. I am 180cm and 90kilo and 28. What else should I get tested?

• J-rockJ-rock
    edited March 2016

Optimal levels for 25 Hydroxy are between 50-80 ng/mL. Are you taking your D3 with your meal with the highest amount of fat? If not, you should be.

• Jumping in on this topic.  I have found a D3+K2 spray that gives 1000 IU of D3 per spray.  The company recommends only one spray per day but Bullet Proof would say 1000 IU per 25lbs which would mean about 7 sprays a day for me (170lbs).  Does that sound right?

• dazdaz today is a good day ✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    The 1000 IU D3 per 25 lbs is the rec for children, based on studies on children, idk if it translates to adults... ?

fake it till you make it

• J-rockJ-rock
    edited March 2016

Jumping in on this topic.  I have found a D3+K2 spray that gives 1000 IU of D3 per spray.  The company recommends only one spray per day but Bullet Proof would say 1000 IU per 25lbs which would mean about 7 sprays a day for me (170lbs).  Does that sound right?

Yes. You should always have your levels checked when supplementing though. Like I said to OP, if you are deficient you may have to take more to get to your optimal level. The blood test isn't expensive.

• J-rockJ-rock
    edited March 2016

The 1000 IU D3 per 25 lbs is the rec for children, based on studies on children, idk if it translates to adults... ?

Dave says "Take 1000 IUs of Vitamin D-3 per 25 pounds of body weight, but not more than 10,000 IU’s."

https://www.bulletproofexec.com/bulletproof-your-sleep-with-vitamin-d/

• dazdaz today is a good day ✭✭✭
    edited March 2016

Dave says "Take 1000 IUs of Vitamin D-3 per 25 pounds of body weight, but not more than 10,000 IU’s."

https://www.bulletproofexec.com/bulletproof-your-sleep-with-vitamin-d/

yep he does, in that post he uses ref (6) for that info, which links to here; vitamin d council.org/how-do-i-get-the-vitamin-d-my-body-needs

& in that vit d council article, the '1,000 IU/day per 25lbs of body weight' rec is for children, the article makes a different rec for adults. 

But it's all irrelevant at the end of the day, everyone is different, as you say, get tested & supplement based on that number (that's what i do). 

fake it till you make it

• yep he does, in that post he uses ref (6) for that info, which links to here; vitamin d council.org/how-do-i-get-the-vitamin-d-my-body-needs

& in that vit d council article, the '1,000 IU/day per 25lbs of body weight' rec is for children, the article makes a different rec for adults. 

But it's all irrelevant at the end of the day, everyone is different, as you say, get tested & supplement based on that number (that's what i do). 

Shame on me for not following up with the sources. Haha. Sometimes I get sidetracked and other times I don't out of sheer laziness.

• I could not find any pill that includes k2 in a good ratio.

According to kate rheaume-bleue (i think the name is right) you should consume 2500IU of K2 mk5 for every 5000 IU Vitamin D.

If there is a pill with that ratio- what is it? :)

I take them separately now.