Heroin Anti-Aging ?

Dave mentions low-dose heroin: "these people were walking around looking 20 years younger than they should have."

-- on a recent podcast about ibogaine:

https://www.bulletproofexec.com/the-ibogaine-experience-treating-addiction-with-alternative-medicine-289/?t=2879

I don't think heroin is practical; but I'd like to know more..

Comments

• SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭

Oh, boy.

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

Let's be friends on MyFitnessPal!

• Naw, that won't work either. I'm into girls.

dave_zpspco14m8s.png

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

• Hahaaha did u make that graphic?!

Sounds like a good podcasts topic. Get Dave more free publicity.
  • RekaReka ✭✭✭
    I think heroin use frequently prevents aging. You don't see a lot of old addicts. They usually die young.

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

• Heeheehee butter makes u funnier

• Oh, boy.

I just want to make sure that I have grassfed Heroin, made from organic Opium plants, free from pesitisdes and chemical, i hear heroin on the black market is full of preservatives and artificial sweeteners.

Watch my Stand Up Comedy Video online :)

Please Subscribe to my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQI92eERrCc

• Isnt there a study which showed heroin use lowered telomerase activity, and thus accelerated aging.

• Isnt there a study which showed heroin use lowered telomerase activity, and thus accelerated aging.

quite a few studies take place in Afghanistan on an hourly basis almost.

• I hear meth is good for HIIT.

• anyone here tried the new upgraded heroin syringes?

• J-rockJ-rock
    edited March 2016

anyone here tried the new upgraded heroin syringes?

I have. Dave couldn't even put needles on them. Directions said I had to place 1 cc under the tongue for 3 minutes on an empty stomach. With upgraded heroin you don't have to use as much as the regular street grade heroin.

• Wow, jokes and jokes and jokes... I reckon you guys are at "work"

• Wow, jokes and jokes and jokes... I reckon you guys are at "work"

what do you expect to such a ridiculous thread title? If you want to see the effects of heroin just go to the street of kabul. Do u expect people to give feedback on heroin or their past experiences of using it? I dont think anyone would have a clean diet and use heroin

• I have. Dave couldn't even put needles on them. Directions said I had to place 1 cc under the tongue for 3 minutes on an empty stomach. With upgraded heroin you don't have to use as much as the regular street grade heroin.

the real question we should be asking ourselves is "are the syringes BPA free?"

• You speak English well... But can you read?

Dave said this about heroin. I'm quoting him.

https://www.bulletproofexec.com/the-ibogaine-experience-treating-addiction-with-alternative-medicine-289/?t=2879
  • dazdaz today is a good day ✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    It would be interesting to find the source for that info, Dave was a bit vague recalling the story.

(I will do some googling later)

( I only read the transcript)

fake it till you make it

edited March 2016

Between this thread and the "special food for models" thread, I'm dying.

The heroin-related portion of the transcript:

Dave literally tells us nothing here. It's a hazy anecdote. "Some guys did this once, maybe, and, uh, it made them, uh, well, um, younger?"

Could there be an anti-aging effect from heroin? Conceivably.

Could this entire thread simply be a front? The OP seeking to justify his years-long heroin abuse as "Bulletproof"? Maybe.

Whatever the case, I think you're going to be hard-pressed to find peer-reviewed studies discussing any "benefit" of using heroin. It's a hard drug with a very nasty reputation.

edited March 2016
    "looking 20 years younger"... just think about that for a bit. I hope these people were not in their thirties, or younger

fake it till you make it

• Bulletproof forum users: It's not working for you.

Unsubscribed.
  • John BrissonJohn Brisson The Legend Formerly Known as Ron Swanson ✭✭✭
    edited March 2016

This thread hurts my brain, so many funny jokes.

If anyone including Dave thinks that low dose heroin or low dose naltrexone is anti-aging I got some modafinil in the back, it works like the drug from limitless.

Is dopamine good, yes. Is there an easier way to increase it that is healthier than heroin or naltrexone? Yes, its called sunlight.

So, Dave should have been like, you know you could use these things to increase dopamine, but you know what, they suck, just get some sun and you will be healthier.

I understand what he was getting at. He was trying to think of the worst thing imaginable and someone using it to their advantage to biohack their health. But he did not come up with a healthy alternative to it. So some people listening are going to either believe:

1. Dave recommends low dose heroin.

2. I should try low dose heroin or naltrexone to be healthier.

My book Fix Your Gut, is offered on Amazon for $9.99.

I also offer coaching:  http://fixyourgut.com/health-coaching-information/

Please join or like the Fix your Gut Facebook. Also please add me on twitter @FixYourGutJB.

http://www.fixyourgut.com

• edited March 2016

I'm under the impression that heroin isn't that bad for you if you have a clean supply, clean needles, and someone looking out for you. The problems associated with heroin addiction seem to stem more from the addiction creating an apathy in the user, destroying their ability to take care of themselves or give a fuck. If you're spending all your time and money on dope and not concerned with getting adequate nutrition and sleep, and making poor decisions generally...what do you expect.

I haven't listened to the podcast being mentioned yet (might here shortly), but I really don't care from some of the propaganda that alternative medicine and papa dave puts out about psychedelics. The whole iboga curing heroin addiction, who gives a fuck? Lets talk about why so many folks decide to get hooked on various drugs to begin with?....

Make, [then,] thyself to grow to the same stature as the Greatness which transcends all measure; leap forth from every body; transcend all Time; become Eternity; and [thus] shalt thou know God. Conceiving nothing is impossible unto thyself, think thyself deathless and able to know all,—all arts, all sciences, the way of every life.  – Corpus Hermeticum XI “The Mind of Hermes”

• fixerforhirefixerforhire Mr. Not Sure.

I wonder how much of an effect stress has on aging. 

everything from reading or seeing something that pisses you off.

being stuck in traffic, worrying about bills, obligations, girlfriends, wives, children.

how all that stress impacts our diet, how that affects our health, our sleep.

my heart rate can increase 10-15+bpm and my blood pressure can rise significantly if i'm pissed, all the while outwardly I look calm and collected.

it's hard to say the whole cascade of biological consequences or benefits.

i'm just assuming its a minimal therapeutic dose with an effect on stress being the method of action for longevity. it's like a touch of a stimulant or depressant.

an ounce of alcohol, a cup of coffee etc. ok in moderation.

so, maybe meditation or other non pharmaceutical means of coping with stress may be effective.

I see people regularly who look 10 years younger and older than their age. 20 years... i've really only seen older. heh.

• ACH85ACH85 ✭✭

Sneak peak: on Friday, Alitura and Bulletproof will be co-releasing a proprietary black tar heroin facial mask, made from poppies grown only in a narrow band between 11,000 and 13,000 feet of altitude in Afghanistan. Each poppy is checked by hand for damage from stray bullets, shrapnel, and goat grazing, all of which stress the plant and cause it to release undesirable phytotoxins. Other black tar heroin facial masks that don't undergo this screening may actually contain phytotoxins that cause wrinkles, and make you appear 20 years older, not younger. 

• googlealchemistgooglealchemist Alchemist

Under the impression, seem to, haven't even listened to the podcast...what basis do you have to even be in this thread then?

"Who gives a fuck about curing heroin addiction with iboga?" Maybe those of us that have lost ppl close to us from heroin or other addictions, or the millions of ppl out there with ongoing problems. Basically a genuine miracle cure to be examined...but who gives a fu##?

I fully agree with your last sentence, I'm all about prevention in the first place....the rest of what you said deserves a hearty slap in the face at best.

I'm under the impression that heroin isn't that bad for you if you have a clean supply, clean needles, and someone looking out for you. The problems associated with heroin addiction seem to stem more from the addiction creating an apathy in the user, destroying their ability to take care of themselves or give a fuck. If you're spending all your time and money on dope and not concerned with getting adequate nutrition and sleep, and making poor decisions generally...what do you expect.

I haven't listened to the podcast being mentioned yet (might here shortly), but I really don't care from some of the propaganda that alternative medicine and papa dave puts out about psychedelics. The whole iboga curing heroin addiction, who gives a fuck? Lets talk about why so many folks decide to get hooked on various drugs to begin with?....

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

Lifestyle Designer, SEO Alchemist, Entrepreneur

• googlealchemistgooglealchemist Alchemist

It was a rather shocking thing to say in the podcast, but it's being taken out of context in a big way. Heroin aside, I'm still curious as to the MOA behind what he was talking about so we can leverage with other means.

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

Lifestyle Designer, SEO Alchemist, Entrepreneur

• Under the impression, seem to, haven't even listened to the podcast...what basis do you have to even be in this thread then?

"Who gives a fuck about curing heroin addiction with iboga?" Maybe those of us that have lost ppl close to us from heroin or other addictions, or the millions of ppl out there with ongoing problems. Basically a genuine miracle cure to be examined...but who gives a fu##?

I fully agree with your last sentence, I'm all about prevention in the first place....the rest of what you said deserves a hearty slap in the face at best.

Your right Ima shit talker. I would rather be a shit talker than snake oil salesman.

Make, [then,] thyself to grow to the same stature as the Greatness which transcends all measure; leap forth from every body; transcend all Time; become Eternity; and [thus] shalt thou know God. Conceiving nothing is impossible unto thyself, think thyself deathless and able to know all,—all arts, all sciences, the way of every life.  – Corpus Hermeticum XI “The Mind of Hermes”

• OK, guys, all joking aside, Dave was talking about low dose naltrexone, not heroin. Opiates, like heroin and percocet, are opiate agonists - they stimulate the opiate receptors in your brain (and your gut, which is why they cause nausea, vomiting, and constipation if you don't have a tolerance to them). Naltrexone, and its cousin naloxone, are opiate antagonists, or opiate blockers. Naltrexone is actually an antidote to opiates, it is what is used to treat a heroin overdose.

There is evidence that very low dose naltrexone - 2-8 mg can help the immune system, and with depression. The usual starting dose to reverse a heroin overdose is 50 mg.

One idea about the MOA re: depression is that giving a very low dose, usually at night, temporarily blocks endogenous opiates and tells the brain to upgrade its opiate receptors or improve its production, and thus gives people more of their natural opiates during the day.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3962576/ is one conservative link on the subject.

edited December 2016

? @bam86 Dave says low dose heroin (check the transcript. search for heroin).
    are you calling him a liar. Lol.

fake it till you make it